[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make peopel understand that your depression is just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: jubjub.jpg (36 KB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
jubjub.jpg
36 KB, 392x400
How do you make peopel understand that your depression is just a natural reaction to immutably poor conditions of your life?

>get therapy lol
>try some drugs XD

These are the mindless duck calls of people with things to look forward to. I've tried changing my cirucmstances through pharms and will and activity and all that but my life seems only to worsen with every successive attempt to better it. Of course I'm depressed you fucking fucktards.
>>
File: yp4k9ofgujdidq56omui.jpg (11 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
yp4k9ofgujdidq56omui.jpg
11 KB, 800x450
Actually almost did it yesterday.
Thankfully I passed out (very very drunk) with the gun in my hands.
I still don't know how I'm gonna get past this. Its hard to tell people about it too.

Original commenterino
>>
File: 1392682631462.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1392682631462.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
Buddy. There are people with sweet lives that are depressed as fuck. Go look at David Foster Wallace.

As for most people, you're right. I might have a somewhat negative outlook, but if my life wasn't constant fucking garbage that I have very little chance of escaping, I might not be so sad all the fucking time, and I might not want to die ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>27118222
I've come pretty close before too, anon. Quitting drinking helped keep from that edge but aside from that it's actually made my life worse in a lot of ways.

>>27118276
I agree. I was born with some pretty enviable advantages that not everyone was lucky enough to have (loving but fallible parents, stable upbringing, house with a yard) but I'm just too defective. I'm basically a waste of resources.
>>
File: avacadont.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
avacadont.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>27118222
Cool, I had that happen Tuesday, but I was high instead. I was practically begging a person that I don't talk to to call the cops because I was too scared to do so myself, and I was utterly desperate for the pain to end and would've been fine with it being either through some 30cal mouthwash or through getting pumped full of sedatives.

Calmed down enough to go take a walk instead. Walked past all the police cars as they were pulling in. Crushed each bug I saw because that felt like the right thing to do.

What's weighing on your mind?
>>
>>27118276
>if my life wasn't constant fucking garbage that I have very little chance of escaping

there could be a chance but youre not going to put in hard work for self improvement when depressed
>>
>>27118081
You're a fool. You may have depression, but by what you wrote you just sound like an attentionwhore. Depression doesn't give a fuck what your condition in life is, it'll come to where you live and kick you in the balls until you wish you were never born. You're a fatalistic dumbshit.
>>
File: 1396431015291.png (223 KB, 372x372) Image search: [Google]
1396431015291.png
223 KB, 372x372
>>27119049

There's also a cost-benefit analysis in there. Believe it or not, I spent a lot of time putting very much effort into improving my life and self, only to to be hamstrung by the fact that I put my character points into the wrong stats and couldn't start over.

Will very likely kill myself in the future.
>>
File: 1421274872390.gif (13 KB, 499x439) Image search: [Google]
1421274872390.gif
13 KB, 499x439
>>27119162
i think im in a similar position,but ive stopped putting in effort to improve since ive pretty much decided on ending it myself.

running out of altitude with minimum lift. coasting is getting real difficult
>>
>>27119100
>fatalistic

whats the problem with thqt? not everyone gets to be happy.
>>
>>27118081
I told my therapist this last week. No amount of drugs or therapy will make me feel better about my shitty life.
>>
>>27119320
Then what's the point of living?

Have you ever consider killing yourself as soon as possible?
>>
>>27119315
Your bitching just sucks the life out of everyone. Just because your miserable doesn't mean you can bother everyone else. Please go end yourself.
>>
File: 1415340581843.png (336 KB, 603x453) Image search: [Google]
1415340581843.png
336 KB, 603x453
>>27119100

My lack of belief in fatalism makes my life circumstances sting so much more.
>>
>>27119315
Being a fatalist is fine being a dumbshit about it is though. If you're gonna be a fatalist do it right and read some crime and punishment, immerse yourself in Sarte or watch "It's such a beautiful day". Just don't whine about how you have the worst life and therefore you're a fatalist. You're not a fatalist then you're just a little bitch who doesn't want to deal with their problems and instead labels them insurmountable. Fatalist is a fatalist if they have a pile o' gold or an incestuous retard baby.
>>
>>27119456
What the fuck is wrong with you? You sound like a huge idiot.
>>
>>27119409
I'm not suicidal anymore, I've quit drinking and lost some weight. But I'm still pretty unhappy.

I've been looking into different philosophies to control my constant rage and jealousy
>>
>>27119512
I think you just to get laid. Let all that fusteration out.
>>
>>27119582
No fucking shit that would be nice. But if I could just up and get laid I probably wouldn't be on r9k
>>
>>27118081
Dude, if you want to stop being depressed get a bike and go bike around for 30 minutes each day the exercise will improve your mood so fucking much. So much cheaper than drugs too, legal or illegal
>>
>>27119770
a bike wont fix his life. it wont give his life structure, stability, meaning or purpose. it will leave him sweaty and distracted but many other things can distract you without needing to get sweaty
>>
File: U8XeWrp.png (322 KB, 591x716) Image search: [Google]
U8XeWrp.png
322 KB, 591x716
>>27118081
>Been suppressing the idea for years
>Constantly tell myself I've just been going through a rough patch and things will look up soon
>Realize how long it's been since I've smiled (months) or been happy (years)
>seriously consider the possibility that I'm depressed
>Keep it to myself for a few months
>Finally realize that if I don't fix it it's just going to stay the same or get worse
>Tell my friends

>"Lolwut? Anon you're not depressed you're just sad. It'll pass."
>"You just need to get out and do something for a change."
>"You're not a doctor, you can't just self-diagnose depression. You're probably just in a rut."

>mfw

This was before I was familiarized with the meme excuses normalfags make for why life is shittier for the rest of us, but damn...
>>
>>27119612
Hrry up n fuck a prostitute. Don't delude yourself. No qt virgin will ever be your girlfriend.
>>
>>27119827
Nah man it's not about the sweat or the distraction. I don't know what's gonna fix his life, but exercise helps you with melatonin production and makes you feel alive and well in your body. I know that sounds kinda overdramatic but it's true, it helped me out so much
>>
Literally had an old friend tell me to try to fap less and that that'll make me happy. He knows this because hes just a "naturally depressed guy" and deal with this shit. Fucking people are so stupid
>>
>>27120010
>go out
>ride bike while feeling judged
>ride to? no friends or anywhere to be
>come back home
>dreams still dead
>still on the fast rack to nowhere

its great that that worked for you though
>>
>>27118081

People are total shit. They'd rather believe you're gonna be a-okay than accept that what you say is true. They don't see reality as it is. There's no way around this. You have to accept that other people are flawed and that their opinions are ultimately as worthless as yours are.
>>
I've been depressed for as long as I remember. At the beginning, I had clear and direct reasons for it (would rather not say what they are) Now it's just stuck with me. It's like a parasite. My life has gotten significantly better, yet I'm still here. I'm still depressed all the fucking time. I've gotten laid and I've had someone say they love me (and mean it), I've had everything I thought that would make me happy, and yet here I fucking am.

When does it fucking end?
>>
>>27118081

change your life then

99% of the time when I talk to someone online about how depressed they are it's because they are still living at home with their asshole parents

inb4 that's completely beyond you but you definitely dont need psychological help
>>
File: 1414677509514.jpg (30 KB, 657x491) Image search: [Google]
1414677509514.jpg
30 KB, 657x491
>>27121280
>you definitely don't need psychological help
>filthy normie detected
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.