[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone Else?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
Who else here /LonelyCauseTheyLikeIt/? I don't know what it is, but I've started to take comfort in being alone. The silence, the space, it just sort of comforts me. Wasn't sure so I figured I'd ask any other anons.
>>
File: 1456714975435.jpg (306 KB, 1280x946) Image search: [Google]
1456714975435.jpg
306 KB, 1280x946
>>27115610
Your not alone

Talking/interacting with people in the past actually made me physically tired so I stopped trying

I like it in my room though, no people to bother me and I have my fiddler crabs prancing about doing their dance

Typically I open my window when its cold and let a breeze run over my keyboard to cool off my hands and get some fresh air in, I enjoy rain and thunder as well

Most comfy thing I can think of is isolated home up in the Norwegian mountains, cold and rainy all year long and hopefully some good morning fog to go with it

Only issue is Norway's food is typically imported and old by the time it gets there and their regional food is usually fish of some sort and I'm not really a seafood person
>>
>>27115832
I get what you're saying, but I actually am alone. I work as an IT guy, and my office is pretty quiet, and on a quiet floor of the building so I don't get a lot of interaction. That and I live by myself, with only one other couple living on the same floor in my apartment building.

It's comfortable though. No pressure or anything.
>>
used to, but not anymore.

I'm now in some kinda purgatory. With my hatred for normies growing by the day.
>>
>>27115961
A lot of people who live alone typically never stop talking about how they are going insane being alone

Is this the virtue of true robots, the ability to appreciate solitude?
>>
File: 1406321797224.gif (198 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1406321797224.gif
198 KB, 900x900
>>27115832
>OP says he likes being alone
>Your not alone
>>
A perfect life would entail being alone 8-22, and watch a movie and snuggle and sleep with a girl between 22-07.
>>
>>27116010
Iunno man. Might be? I know this mught sound contrived and dumb, but being alone is what you make it to be.

Even the way you describe it matters. If you call it isolation, yeah, you're gonna feel shitty about it, but if you just call it a quiet life, you sorta learn to appreciate it.
>>
>>27116054

I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't think being alone is unhealthy whatsoever. It's what you make of it. Since I cut out a lot of friends and staying in more, life feels so much simpler, I've come to gain more self-respect and learned a lot about myself through reading and movies.

In fact, I think there's a somewhat unhealthy need for constant interaction that we've developed with phones, text, email over the years. I tend to value privacy and independent thought.
>>
>>27116189
That's true lol. Sure, I feel those pangs of wanting for companionship, but then I remember how much progress I've made as a person now that I've spent so much time alone, that it makes it heard to go back. It's not even that I can't interact properly, I just don't have any interest.
>>
Lmao we got sum real fucking enlightened souls in this thread.
>>
>>27116408
Hey man, if you're gonna be a downer then why come in? Nobody said you had to.
>>
File: ayyyylmao.jpg (50 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ayyyylmao.jpg
50 KB, 600x338
>>27116014
Its as alone as I can get

My crabs are too cute to give them up, even if they do watch me jack off every night

link related, they have doing mating dances for about 2 weeks now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WPdNw6TZUE

Reminds me of pic related
>>
ive never interacted with people much and have had very few friends since i moved alot as a kid, also heavily introverted so being alone doesnt really mean much to me because ive always been alone
>>
>>27115610
I'm like that too. I don't understand why /r9k/ is so negative all the time. I don't know why anyone would want a friend or a gf.
>>
I'm a genuine introvert so I require little to no social interaction. Being anyone for too long starts to annoy me. I like people but only from a distance.
>>
>>27116604
*Being around anyone for too long
>>
>>27116567
yea i wish this board was less complaining and more discussion, hell it wouldent hurt to have a weekly self improvement thread, fucking anything but another tfw no gf thread
> he says as he complains
ya i know
>>
>>27115961
That sounds like a dream. Did you get a degree or any certifications to get where you're at?
>>
>>27115610
lonely implies being unhappy with being alone. you're alone, not lonely.
>>
Yes. I love being alone. I've always had friends when i was younger because thats what im supposed to do, and i even got a gf when i was 16, but then i just stopped talking to her, and i cut off all my friends.

I started getting my own ideas and opinions and realized i dont want anyone in my life, so why would i put time and effort into something i dont enjoy? I dont care if other people think im weird. This is my life.
>>
>>27116691
Got a masters degree in computer security and a bachelor's degree in computer science. All on scholarship too, whichis nice, so I didn't pay my left kindey for it.
>>
>>27116846
Sounds like you're doing alright for yourself man! Good for you. Anything in particular make you realize that?
>>
>>27116567
>I don't know why anyone would want a friend or a gf
Drama queen. Of course you know why, but it simply doesn't apply to you.
>>
>>27116890
What certifications have you gone through?

I'm in a position to be taking my CCENT right now but I've been putting it off because its a really intimidating test

Really want to have a CCNA though, mostly everyone has told me its mandatory for IT/communication type jobs
>>
>>27116189
Extroverts will vehemently argue against that.

Extroverts cannot understand introvert's needs for solitude and its benefits, and they will persistently shame, pressure, or even force them out of it.
>>
>>27116992
CCNP, CCNA, and PMP. And do what you feel is right bud.
>>
>>27116972
Well as you get older you start to form your own opinions instead of doing what everyone else is doing. My aspergers diagnosis also played a role in that lol.
>>
>>27117013
Fuck extroverts. Always the ones causing shit imo.
>>
>>27117038
Hey man, looks like it did you some good.
>>
Yep, i love the idea of being alone, probably due to the fact i have a problem with socially communicating and i practically became anti-social during my highschool years, it's funny because my cat is the same, still living with my family but it comes to my room to sleep in because it's quiet

...Guess i'm not lonely then if i have a cat and live with my family...
>>
OP here, anyone up to maybe start a robot self improvement thread every sunday? We could all keep our emails, make sure one gets started up on time and all that? Maybe it could help make /r9k/ great again.
>>
>>27116189
This is why I love being alone.

I'll interact with people every now and then, but never for too long. I start lose my sense of self and feel smothered in a way. It's strange, but being around people makes me feel claustrophobic.

I guess that's anxiety, but I have no real problem being social, it's just doing it for too long starts to eat away at me.
>>
>>27117082
I agree that you being alone is good, but maybeyou should work on your anxiety thing, just to have a fallback, you know? Make sure you aren't always stuck in one place.
>>
File: 1425006525221.jpg (1002 KB, 1157x875) Image search: [Google]
1425006525221.jpg
1002 KB, 1157x875
Of course. I don't even like existing in the same world as so many people. I feel loneliness but I enjoy the melancholia when it comes.

I want to live alone on a farm an hour long drive from anyone else.
>>
>>27117108
I've never felt super smothered when I'm around people, but I definitely feel a bit out of touch, maybe like I'm not working at full capacity, y'know?
>>
>>27117108
I actually get very energetic in social situations and after a long time of being in a social situation like a birthday party, i can feel ive opened up a bit and that my social skills got better in a matter of hours. So in a way social interactions kinda feed me, but i hate social interaction and i avoid it as much as possible.

Does that make me an introvert or extrovert?
>>
>>27117123
>you should work on your anxiety thing
It's not even anxiety, i don't go into panic mode or anything when the idea of talking comes up, i don't mind a conversation but i sometimes like to keep it short and simple.

Most times i won't even talk, Literally i'm gonna put it bluntly, throughout my life, i was (and still am) a silent mother fucker, you try to start a conversation and i'd be really hesitant to talk, it takes a while before i can actually open up to people to talk. And yeah, that does mean i never had a girlfriend, though always did have a girl trying to turn me gay for some reason...
>>
>>27117217
Maybe an in between? Iunno man, maybe do some personal experimentation with it, see where it goes.
>>
>>27117237
>trying to turn you gay
Well that sounds amusing? Anything worth telling?
>>
>>27117217
Introverts can exhibit certain extroverted qualities, but they can't sustain a high level of social interaction for long because they don't necessarily need the same amount of social fulfilment as an extrovert.

If you can go long periods without talking to people and feel fine, you're probably an introvert.
>>
>>27117013
Being alone isn't unhealthy, feeling chronically lonely is. There's nothing debatable about this.
>>
File: feel guy smiling.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
feel guy smiling.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>start feeling sad and lonely

>play mahler's adagietto on youtube

>suddenly it all feels so right
>>
>>27117260
Eh, it's a bit hazy, but i know when they were, but don't expect anything big or interesting, it's a shortie

>16, highschool
>February, on a tuesday
>Lunch time, girl i was friends with came up to me (after overhearing her talk about sexualities and shit) and handed me her phone
>"Watch this anon"
>Literally a 2 minute video of shirtless guy's dancing
>What'sThePointOfThisAgain.jpg
>Video ends
>"Er, what was the point of that?"
>"Oh, i wanted to turn you gay!"
>wat.jpg

That was the first part, here's the second

>Same year, but march on a friday
>In a RE class, computer room
>sit with mate opposite him and the girl just happens to be near my right
>everythings going well, just goofing around
>Same girl suddenly comes out with "Anon, why haven't you admitted you're gay?"
>ThisAgain.jpg
>"Because i'm...not gay?"
>"But just admit you are!"
>"Again, i'm not gay, seriously."
>She was still in denial, really confused
>Decides to stop (For now)
>just carry on with my day

I don't wanna derail the thread so...
>>
File: feels ok man .jpg (110 KB, 444x411) Image search: [Google]
feels ok man .jpg
110 KB, 444x411
>>27115610
yup

I feel bad for all the normiecucks who bitch about tfwnogf or tfwnofriends etc here. Dealing with people is actually far more bothersome for me, I enjoy my own company far more.
>>
>>27117106
Wow you're so content in being alone you want a regular club of Internet strangers doing a weekly thing together. You're a hack.
>>
>>27117341

Haha. Keep going faggot, shits funny.

Seriously though, why haven't you admitted that you a raging homo yet?
>>
>>27117328
Good for you man, keep up that kind of stuff when you're down.
>>
>>27117341
Jaysus man, that's a fuckin tale to tell. Good stuff man.
>>
>>27117315

BUT IT'S NOT NORMAL

YOU NEED TO SOCIALIZE

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

YOU CAN'T DO EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF

YOU ARE DEPRESSED

WE ARE A FAMILY
>>
>>27117398
That's as far as i could anon, She was always a strange person, that i'll admit

>Why haven't you admitted you a raging homo yet?

Because i'm not constantly 24/7 thinking about jumping on a guys dick

And i'm aromantic, i know, kill me
>>
>>27117359
Dude, I just wanted to maybe help some people put. You're being an ass for nothing.
>>
>>27117511
just the standard shitpost nothing to see here
>>
>>27117461
Humans are social creatures and those who feel genuinely content to be alone almost all the time are the strange ones. I can't blame them for thinking there's something wrong with us really, but it's still annoying.
>>
>>27117558
No the irony of this thread is that it wouldn't exist if op really had no need for social interaction.
>>
I hate all of you. Dont ever come near me. I hate talking to you guys.
>>
>>27117626
well i think interacting with someone over the internet is different than doing it in person
>>
File: peepgottagun.gif (509 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
peepgottagun.gif
509 KB, 500x246
>>27117595
I dont understand why they have to involve themselves in our fucking business

I bet its all those Soccer moms that hit the wall at 28 and have nothing fucking better to do all day than complain to their betabux husbands about their useless opinions

Living in the south around these entitled fucking busybody mothers pisses me off, spouting their inane drivel constantly because their fucking shithead kids moved away and have no real hobbies besides fucking moving their jaw

And those STUPID BITCHES have the gall to call us strange?

And they might be right ;_;
>>
>>27117726
Extroverted people attract other extroverted people, leading to a group of people who think the way they act and experience things is the only right way of doing things. Soccer moms or not. I don't really share your mad feels.
>>
>>27117726
ya just take it easy bro ;)
>>
>>27117626
The difference is that youre not a person in my life. Youre just a red box with some text. You dont affect my life. I dont want any people in my life.
>>
>>27115610
where the fuck is the tv!!!!!?
>>
I'm fine being alone. I am lonely though. I just cannot deal with any social interactions, I always feel out of place wherever I go and I'm never comfortable. I've forced myself to do social stuff and these feelings just never go away. basically whenever I leave the house I get intense anxiety and I always feel like I'm looking over my shoulder waiting for something bad to happen.

I really don't know how I can possibly fix my brain at this point, I'm 29 and I've been like this since I was 19. Xanax helped but I don't take it anymore because I'd rather not be a benzo addict.

anxiety and avoidant personality have pretty much ruined the past 10-14 years of my life.
>>
i like these threads we should have more of them
>>
File: sweatinpepe.jpg (61 KB, 540x511) Image search: [Google]
sweatinpepe.jpg
61 KB, 540x511
>>27117794
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't like that

I don't feel like that's ever lead to anything good in the past, shit like witch hunts and albinos getting turned into bone charms

You may say we live in modern society and don't have to worry about stuff like that but it still exists, maybe not in the same way it did before

Makes me nervous
>>
>>27118194
if theres happenings the first person theyre gonna suspect is you
>>
bumping for >>27118154
>>
>>27119560
>>27118154
its pretty much a /comfy/ thread with more talking and less comfy pics
>>
>>27115610
yeah. i guess i fall in this category as well.

Think every once in a while about what it would be like to have a gf/marry/children, but honestly how noisy that would be. Some cunt complaining about the bills or I won't take her anywhere?

I assiduously avoid my coworkers for fear that I'll have to give up my valuable lunch alone time or god forbid I'll have to entertain one of them on the train to/from work.
>>
Being alone all of the time is really comfy but I wonder if that's because I know that I can talk to anons whenever I want to.
>>
I try to reach out to people, usually girls, occasionally because I've internalized that that's what I should do, but it always leaves me disappointed and upset. I'm not ecstatic, but I'm content and happy in my own company, watching my shows, eating food I like, listening to music I like, playing vidya, reading. Maybe I'm just autistic, but interacting with other people has never made me happy.
>>
Is online interaction different from 'normal' interaction? I can talk online all day and enjoy it, but irl conversation is shit. I can't wait to earn enough to be alone again. The volume of stupid petty shit I hear from my parents on a daily basis is astounding. Why can't we all just be silent?
>>
I'm not totally introverted but my most comfy moments are always spent alone. My two friends live far away and communication is irregular, which is just fine. I like having at least one friend but I really couldn't handle it if they were high-maintenance
>>
>>27120257
In offline conversations I always feel more pressure. Eye-contact, body-language, noticing how awkward your voice sounds and feeling pressured to keep up and feeling like I have to prove myself, put up an act, etc.

Online conversations are much more laid back and comfy.
>>
>>27120380
Also sorry for the extremely shoddy sentence I'm really tired so... Good night mai alonies~
>>
>>27115610
There's a difference between being alone and being lonely. The former is a statement of observed reality, the latter is an internal emotional state. Introverts don't get sad just because there's nobody else in the room.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.