[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your problem is that you don't have any real hobbies or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: cutemuslim.jpg (28 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
cutemuslim.jpg
28 KB, 300x299
Your problem is that you don't have any real hobbies or experiences.

Playing video games and watching anime are not real hobbies unless you're doing them socially, such as within a club or a tourney. Spending 16 hours a day on 4chan isn't going to cultivate meaningful experiences you can share.

Gets some hobbies. Learn an instrument, do something competitive, get into art, etc. Do a bit of traveling, just outside of your home city. Do something you like that doesn't consist of you sitting on your ass all day by yourself and can impress people or be the starting point for a conversation.

Your problem is just that your boring. Only girls can get away with being boring. You cannot, so unbore yourself.
>>
>>27113155

I do have plenty of hobbies and consume lots of art and culture.

No girl has ever wanted to share them with me though since stuff like programming and ero-guro nansensu isn't considered interesting by most girls.

You sound like you don't want an "interesting" guy, just a guy who's good at things normal people value socially and/or beat other guys in competitions and therefore gives you tingles.
>>
>>27114322
I'm not a girl. I'm a guy who used to be in a similar position as many folks here and have become more successful with girls and relationships in general. I'm giving advice.

>I do have plenty of hobbies
Programming is a hobby that has a boy-girl ratio of like 100:1. And this isn't a topic that you can have a productive discussion on with someone who knows nothing about it. It's a good hobby to have for the kind of guy friends you might want, but you're not going to catch girls with it. Girls want a guy with a hobby she can impress *her* friends with. "Oh, he's into MMA" sounds a lot better than "Oh, he's a computer nerd." So yea, there's definitely this aspect of wanting things that other "normies." Get over it, dude.

> consume lots of art and culture.
The passive consumption of arts and culture doesn't really raise your stock all that much. You need to be active. Like Japanese culture / anime? Cool, join your local anime club and forge friendships with your fellow anime aficionados. Contrary to what you believe, girls really do prefer guys they have things in common with and are more open to having conversations with them. This isn't going to be the end, of course. You still need to not be completely autistic and beta in your communications with them, but you'll have a much better chance finding a >gf in this kind of scenario.
>>
>>27114608

Well duh. That still doesn't change the fact that girls are about as easy to operate as vending machines and even talking about "having hobbies" and "being interesting" in this context is misleading.

You're not making yourself "not boring" you're making yourself seem powerful and socially important.
>>
I have plenty of hobbies. I am into your typical nerd hobbies: reading( actual books and comics), video games, computer hardware etc. I also have less traditional hobbies like origami and book binding. I've made my own paper before. Before I decided to try out university one last time I went to a trade school for a year to learn how to be a machinist and to weld. I even got hired as a structural welder for a bit. I'm currently enrolled in a uni for metallurgy. While there I joined the blacksmithing club and I'm learning the basics. I've learned foundry work and have cast a variety of metals and I'm planning on setting up my own home foundry when I graduate. I'm currently on an internship at a large steel mill getting job experience and good pay.

None of this has helped me in the romance department. I am still very single. It has helped in the friend department however. I now have a very large, nice friend base of people who I genuinely enjoy being around. Being interesting will help you attract people in general not just women.
>>
NOTHING ELSE INTERESTS ME

I'M BAD AT EVERYTHING AND I DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO GET GOOD AT ANYTHING

I WATCH ANIME AND COOK FOOD AND THAT'S ALL I'M GOOD FOR
>>
Not easy when you've been a shut-in for nearly 7 years.
>>
>>27114743
>That still doesn't change the fact that girls are about as easy to operate as vending machines
Then why don't you have any success with them?

Being powerful and socially important is "not boring." And it is only one dimension here. They want someone with status but also someone who just does interesting shit. Programming doesn't interest the vast majority of girls.
>>
>>27114934
Cooking is a great hobby to have.
>>
The problem is social skills, that's LITERALLY IT.
With social skills you don't need to have experienced anything great or cool, you make them great or cool by the way you talk about them/ relate it to others/ etc.

Practice delivering your dumb hobbies in bite sized pieces and relating it to current news or whatever the topic is. Boring people are boring regardless of what they've "done", you can go skydiving tomorrow and try to tell normos about it but if your delivery is shit, if you talk like shit, none of it will matter.
>>
no shit
too bad I hate everything I tried so far
>>
>>27115111
Indeed inviting over to cook for someone is always a yes
>>
>>27114743
>girls are about as easy to operate as vending machines

I think there's a piece missing to your puzzle when 90% of the posts here are REEE VIRGIN RAGE and >tfw no gf
>>
>>27115111
Unless you're bad at it.
>>
I have many hobbies and happen to play 3 instruments. Shut the fuck up OP. Stop generalizing.
>>
File: beautiful long wojak.png (562 KB, 777x574) Image search: [Google]
beautiful long wojak.png
562 KB, 777x574
>>27113155
>tfw almost-normie when I was younger
>dated a bunch of girls
>only broke up with one
>every other girl broke up with me
>99% of the reason was "you're too boring anon"

Islam-kun, you speak words of truth, and also of feels
>>
>>27113155

Some of the best people I know are boring. We get along great.

It's called "Making allowances for a difference in personality"
>>
>>27113155
>>27114608
>you should completely change yourself for other person maymay
>>
>>27114979
>>27115232

I never said that I didn't have success with women desu. I've had plenty opportunities to get laid, literally gotten asked/more or less dragged away for fucking. And that was half-hearted attempts at manipulation.

But since I only operate these people to make them like me and be impressed by me I can't bear to touch them. I feel like a whore.
>>
>>27115327
You're going to change, regardless. Everyone does as time goes on. The question is do you want to change into someone who will be able to forge friendships with people or someone who remain in his current state socially.

That doesn't mean doing things you aren't interested in. Really, it's more like you need to go do the shit that you've been saying you would do but never did, or just putting yourself out there fore likeminded people.
>>
File: 1401681727741.png (50 KB, 1333x631) Image search: [Google]
1401681727741.png
50 KB, 1333x631
>>27114608
>>27113155
>2015 + 1

>Still buying the "hobbies make you an interesting person" meme

How gay can you be?
>>
>>27113155
>spending time doing X isn't a hobby but spending time doing Y is
Nigger, a hobby is literally a regular activity that one enjoys.
>>
>>27115466
This

It doesn't matter if it's a social hobby or not. OP is just a faggot hungry for validation from other people
>>
>>27114608
>join a club

I'm not in college or Highschool. What now. Where do I find fellow weebs irl
>>
>>27115542
Conventions and shit
>>
>>27115579
I don't have spare hundreds of dollars to buy passes to cons. I spend most of my money for rent/food/gym/car.
>>
>>27115466
>>27115535
This kind of autism is exactly why women aren't giving you play.

You can't sit here and complain about why women don't want you and not take steps to improve yourself.

Your hobby needs to have some kind of social aspect for it to be interesting to women because that's how women consume their hobbies. The social aspect is very important to them in the hobbies they consume, so they can't identify with hobbies where there's no social aspect. That social aspect doesn't need to be overt. Take instruments or art, for example. That you can impress people (even just her) with your guitar-playing or sculptures is enough to be valuable.
>>
>>27115746
HOBBIES

DON'T

MAKE

YOU

INTO

AN

INTERESTING

PERSON

YOU

FUCKING

DOLT
>>
>>27115746
It's autistic to know the definition of hobby?

You're assuming that I complain about women not wanting me. I'm not going to give up time of something I enjoy to pick up some shit that I don't. Memes aside, why would I want to be with someone that I can't be myself with? I'm not at the point of desperation where I have to make myself bored and miserable for a chance at some girl that even after we're together I still have to do the same boring shit to be "normal"
>>
>>27113155
I'm completely talentless and have an average intelligence.

I cannot into hobbies like music or art.

Fuck off.
>>
>being so beta that you change who you are at a chance of someone noticing you
>taking it even further to the point that you crave validation so badly you try and act superior on a mayan magazine forum
>>
>>27115426
>eventually you'll change so why don't try becoming the person WE want you to be
You normies make me sick
>>
>>27113155
>mudslime

I prefer my women to not be from a violent death cult that beats women
>>
File: 1444199054603.png (381 KB, 466x572) Image search: [Google]
1444199054603.png
381 KB, 466x572
If a woman would be upset that I like to watch anime, that's not a woman I'm interested in. Why should I have to sculpt myself around what they want instead of finding someone who wants what I already am?
>>
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 850x1226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 850x1226
I keep telling robots this. You need to have three hobbies: one to keep you fit, one that's creative, and one that makes you money. Any of these can be combined but whatever. Yeah, it's not fair that women get to be boring, but that's only because men are shallow and don't care if a woman is boring. Women don't like boring men, so step it up. The sexes are not equal.
>>
>>27116381
>one that's creative
How does an uncreative person become creative?
>>
>>27116270
You don't have to stop liking anime. But you should branch out into other things
>>
>>27115746
Sorry women GIVE you play? I thought you had to EARN, not be GIVEN

Your shit's all fucked up, how can you even trust what you think when it's so blatantly wrong?
>>
File: lite2xbrite.jpg (23 KB, 585x366) Image search: [Google]
lite2xbrite.jpg
23 KB, 585x366
>>27116270
>finding someone who wants what I already am

Hear Hear! That's the key. Find someone that loves you for you (and love them back no matter how screwed up the are).
Find a women ya can just chill with, without feeling compelled to entertain them (or hold in farts).
>>
>>27113155
My problem is that people care about what other people do while they're not around. Wow, what a bunch of cunts. I wish they'd mind their own business.
>>
>>27116381
Fuck off namefag. Women and money, good combination, just shock and awe over in this camp.
>>
File: image.jpg (459 KB, 850x1274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
459 KB, 850x1274
>>27116397
Creative is a broad term. People that are scientifically oriented may enjoy something like baking, which has quite a bit of chemistry.creative doesn't just mean dancing or painting or writing.

It can be model trains, gardening, or even translating a creative work for a fan group. Just give yourself a hobby where at the end, you can say you made something.
>>
>>27113155
Do you think this shit is insight in any shape or form? "Be interesting", wow great advice, I wonder why nobody here has ever thought of that.
>>
>>27116586
I don't even know how you can misconstrue what I said. If you want to be happy in life, let something that makes you happy make you money.

I don't care for men or their money.
>>
>>27116655
I don't even know how you can misconstrue my words. Fuck off namefag.
>>
>>27113155

>hobbies I don't like aren't real hobbies

under-aged and/or roastie
>>
>>27115824
How interesting someone is is dependent on the things that they do. Your hobbies are literally things you do for your own enjoyment. How could they not make you more interesting?

>>27115927
>>27116270

It's autistic to be so unable to understand context that you need to be anal about the strict definition of words. I'm not going to even explain why you were wrong. I'll give you the benefit of doubt here and assume you knew what I was saying, otherwise I'll look like an autist myself.

Girls aren't turned off by nerdy interests. They're turned off by exclusively nerdy interests. If that's all you're genuinely interested in, that's fine, and the kind of girls you attract will reflect that. But chances are you have a non-nerdy hobby or three that you've been thinking about getting into, but just haven't out of inertia. You spend so much time here on a nerdy forum that you've become too lazy to go and do other things.

Who "you" are is constantly changing. You have the ability to direct it, though. You're just being lazy.
>>
>>27113155
>less you're doing them socially
You are fucking retarded. By that logic going fishing or hiking by my self doesn't count as a hobby because its not social. Piss off normie not everyone gives a fuck about showing off to their shallow piece of shit friends like you do.
>>
>>27115993
No, YOU fuck off, and go do something interesting and stop feeling bad for yourself. You're of average intelligence? That means you're of equal or better intelligence than half of your population. Many of these people below you manage to be more interesting than you are. Why? Because how interesting you are has little to do with intelligence.

There is no such things as not being able to do hobbies because your ability to do hobbies is purely about interest rather than skill.
>>
>>27116164
It's about becoming the best version of yourself, not about who other people want you to be. Do you think the best version of yourself is a dude who spends his waking hours on a Japanese culture forum and jacks off to boys in dresses? I think not.
>>
>>27117677
>If that's all you're genuinely interested in, that's fine
so what is the point of this thread, other than to wave your massive dick in everyone's face
>>
>>27117859

>It's about becoming the best version of yourself, not about who other people want you to be.
>tells people to change their interests to hobbies that include more people or are more "normal"

you can't even keep your retarded bullshit straight
>>
>>27117859
Depends on your definition of "best" you utter dipshit. Try reading a book before you shitpost about how other people should live their lives.
>>
>>27116645
Some of you clearly need to hear it, even if you've heard it before since clearly it didn't stick with you like it should.

Look, I don't think I'm better than you. I see MYSELF in you and using the skills I've picked up dealing with people so that you can go down an easier road than I did. If you don't want to improve. If you want to stay the same and expect different results. If you think that a kawaii anime girl with superpowers is just going to float into your life one day and you'll live happily ever after, you're wrong.

>>27116874
I have grown out of most anime, but still play video games casually. This isn't about what I like. Those are just "hobbies" that are not going to make you interesting to girls outside of those fandoms. If you desire a nerd girl like that, you need to be actually involved in the social side of those interests. If you want a more normal girl, you need to be involved in things with more social value.
>>
File: commie pepe.jpg (26 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
commie pepe.jpg
26 KB, 365x363
>>27113155

I draw, I draw a lot.
Don't mind saying I'm pretty good.
170k+ views on dA in 6 months or so.
Doesn't do shit. Tried selling, market's fucked.
I'm never bored but boring oneself solves nothing.
If you want a significant change you're going to need more than a hobby that entertains you.

P.S. Fuck off.
>>
>>27117724
You aren't understanding.

Hiking and fishing are pretty social. They're things you can and might do alone, sure, but also something you can and often do with other people. Even more, they cultivate experiences that people / girls might find interesting. Caught a really interesting fish? Got chased by a bear one day on a hike? "Social" in this sense doesn't necessarily mean it's always a multiperson activity. Lastly, and this is going to bother you but it's important, they don't have negative social value on their own. They're something a girl can tell their friends this guy they're interested in does with no fear of embarrassment.
>>
Dont listen to this guy, my hobbies are 3d modeling, drawing, piano and im still a miserable shit.
Being a funny and entertaining personality is also wasted effort on whores
>>
>>27117884
The point is that, for one, it's probably not all you're interested in. Two, you aren't actually maximizing the benefits of your nerdy interests. You want a nerdy chick, but you aren't even hanging around places where nerdy chicks would be and becoming a part of the circles they hang. You aren't joining you're gaming club or your anime club. You're just sitting here, complaining, assuming the passive consumption of culture makes you more interesting to girls. It might make you interesting to a GUY like me who is interested in some of the things you are and enjoying talking about them on the same level, but girls will simply be turned off sexually.
>>
>>27118016
Do you think it's possible to make a living as an illustrator/artist? I mean not being able to sell drawings is one thing, but wouldn't it still be possible to get a job as a concept artist for a game company or something?
>>
>>27118162
>You aren't joining you're gaming club or your anime club.
Because they're too autistic and oblivious.

>complaining
I'm not complaining, you are.

>assuming the passive consumption of culture makes you more interesting to girls
I've never assumed this in my life.
>>
>>27118016
Link to your dA anon?
>>
>>27118016
>>27118111
I never said having a hobby was the only piece of the puzzle. Obviously you still need to know how to talk with people on a basic level (which getting a social hobby will help you with) and not be beta / autistic if you want the best girls you can get, but having interesting interests is a starting point and necessary.

>Being a funny and entertaining personality is also wasted effort on whores
My bet is you're a tryhard. Being the joker doesn't make girls all that attracted to you. Who do you think has more women coming after their shows, the rock star or the stand-up comic? Some guys confuse girls liking "funny" guys with them liking clowns. They like guys who can make them laugh with interesting observations, wordplay, callbacks, and teasing, not a guy who makes a fool of himself. Basically, the kind of humor that's effortless.
>>
>>27118210
>Because they're too autistic and oblivious.
Yet, I bet such guys are getting more anime fangirl pussy than you are.

Maybe it doesn't apply to you personally, but I'm making a general point.
>>
>>27118111
It just sounds like your really mad at yourself.
>>
I do have hobbies and experiences though, still a robot.
When you normalfags come here to try to tell us shit you always make a bunch of dumb assumptions.
>>
>>27117923
>>27117932

Never said change your interests. Either extend your current interests to make them more social or find other interests you have with more social value and make them your hobbies too. What you're going to do depends on what you want out of it. If you aren't interested in learning guitar, don't learn it just because it might make girls more interested in you.

My bet is that you already have cool stuff you want to do, but you never got to them because you're lazy.
>>
>>27118199

Afaik the best option these days is to draw accompanying a certain demographic; certain fanbases etc. and hope they will contribute to a Patreon or crowdsource.
I've tried after catering commissions to the lowest; MLP, Disney, vidya autists etc. and excluding the payment I received for the artwork it contributed nothing to my Pateon.
I gave up after 5 months of entertaining these idiots. They really are the worst to deal with.
Regarding illustration work in game companies you have to be lucky; I don't mean to be flippant but these tend to be closed clubs and my portfolios regularly go unanswered.
I don't fancy working 'freelance' for some shitty startup making diabolical anime apps for 50c/ea on google play.
I'm in college pursuing a degree in advertising/design which as of right now seems far more promising.
>>
>>27118393
>anime fangirl pussy
Autistic, oblivious, overweight anime fangirl pussy.

There are few people like me. There are few people who like the things that I like and aren't complete psychos about it.
>>
>>27118361
No ive never tried. I just know that im witty and fun naturally, but its wasted on whores. Most of the time youll just get a lol and nothing back, they just expect you to carry everything and be more and more entertaining.
With my male friends they usually have something fun to add too or can atleast carry on a conversation from things, and you actually get something out of it.
>>
>>27118446
Maybe it doesn't describe you, but it describes many of your friends here.I'm not new to /r9k/. I still lurk occasionally. know what I'm talking about.

If you have hobbies and experiences, that just means your problem is not based on those. They are necessary but not the only things you need to be successful. but the fact that you have them means you're already half way there and just need to improve upon yourself in other ways, meaning improving yourself physically and your ability to communicate.
>>
>>27118495
Don't assume shit about me, faggot. Self-improvement is a bad meme, just because you fell for it doesn't mean you need to drag other people down with you. Has this thread not made it obvious that no one here wants your advice?
>>
>>27118526
That's a bit discouraging, but good to know I guess. Maybe better to just learn programming.
>>
>>27118351

No son, last time I gave it out my account got spammed with reports/comments etc. because the shit I draw is Disney/Pixar xxx and retards like to fuck around with content ratings. I had to take down half of my artwork because of that mistake.
I've essentially moved off dA, may migrate to Tumblr but fuck my heart shrivels at the thought but it's more friendly than dA seems to be at this time.
>>
File: furio.jpg (26 KB, 390x592) Image search: [Google]
furio.jpg
26 KB, 390x592
I play piano, guitar and ukelele and i can draw some stuff. I read many books in the past (before becoming addicted to this cesspool), watched many films, went to art gallerys and no girl ever found me interesting... Most times they just find me weird or ignore me.
I also go to a lot of /mu/ related concerts
>>
>>27118612
Darn. I was really interested in in seeing a fellow artist robot's dA
>>
>Forcing yourself into normie hobbies will fix everything
Even worse than the "you just need to lift/dress like a fuccboi to fix everything" meme.
>>
>>27118805
So the problem here then is that you guys want a girl without having to put any kind of work in. The underlying issue here is that you think your girls yourselves. Probably were raised by your mother and, like a lamb raised by dogs, thinks it IS a dog. Girls can get away with having the mindset "guys should like me the way I am" because they have options at any level. YOU DONT HAVE THAT LUXURY. You will not fulfill your biological destiny with that kind of attitude.

No one says you have to force anything except forcing yourself out of the monotony of masturbation-4chan-anime-video games-masturbation-4chan.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.