[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at this point pretty much everyone who is religious should just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 1432199894047.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432199894047.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
at this point pretty much everyone who is religious should just be killed. It's fine if you believe in the idea of divinity, but if you are a part of any irrational religion, you are slowing down the march of human progress. I don't care if you guys call me autistic, it's ridiculous. You grew up having your parents tell you dumb fairy tales and don't believe any of those, but hold on to a religion you know makes no sense. Complete retardation
>>
File: thbigcunt.png (360 KB, 431x400) Image search: [Google]
thbigcunt.png
360 KB, 431x400
If there is a God the how come all the girls in high school rejected me? Checkmate christcucks
>>
File: 1457289847077.jpg (72 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1457289847077.jpg
72 KB, 612x612
Death is a hard redpill to swallow, people just don't want to accept it.

If you stay in your religion for your family and the community though, I understand that
>>
>>27112851
whos that cummy mummy?

also this>>27113788
people find comfort in faith and shit and thats fine but a lot of people have been manipulated into believing/following most religions. You can't control what other people believe man, that'd be slowing down the human race just as much
>>
>>27112851
>2016
>not accepting esoteric Tibetan Buddhism non-sense as your system of beliefs
Pleb as fuck.
>>
>>27112851
>at this point pretty much everyone who is religious should just be killed.
Let's start with the maniac, suicidal fedora cult manifesting in r9k and r/atheism.
>>
>>27112851
>you are slowing down the march of human progress.
>what did he mean by this
Progress towards nihilism? Wew lad, must be one awesome ride!

Progression towards Feminist Utopia? Sharia? NWO?
>>
File: 1454185173765.jpg (25 KB, 259x350) Image search: [Google]
1454185173765.jpg
25 KB, 259x350
I never grew up with heavy religion. Denounced my belief for god senior year of highschool. Sophomore year of highschool start having suicidal thoughts because GF was depressed and wouldn't shut the fuck up about it, in turn made me depressed. I listened to an ex rock star turned christian give a speech about God. First time I said a prayer in over 3 years. "God, I don't know if you're real, I know "Head" (ex-rock star turned christian) wouldn't lie to me, show me that you are real, show me that you are really god." That night had a life changing dream that is long story, decided to give it another shot the next night. Another sign that god was showing himself to me. Ergo became a follower of christ, broke up with self proclaimed satanist psycho gf. Life is so much better when you live for something more than yourself. I challenge you to ask God to show himself to you.
>>
File: MEMES-2014-Jordans.jpg (65 KB, 533x536) Image search: [Google]
MEMES-2014-Jordans.jpg
65 KB, 533x536
A lot of people say the same vice versa with running shoes. http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/2-arrested-in-shooting-over-air-jordans/76763280
>>
>the march of human progress
Why don't we just ban all sorts and hobbies too. After all, they're just slowing down progress by taking people's focus off the human progress.

Why don't we reintroduce slave and euthenasia programmes, if your only goal is human progression

Also, human progression isn't a straight line like in a video game you fucking retard. It's not remove x get y faster.
>>
>>27114106
kek this as fuck

start meditating daily and take a trip into your own mind and destroy your ego OP, you'll see the world completely differently
>>
>>27112851
You are missing the point.

Religion is a game; same as any other role playing. They don't actually believe any of it any more than the Harry Potter cosplayers pointing wands at each other in the park.

It's just a massive LARP that has been going on for a long time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ

What's it like to be the example of a brainwashed idiot, OP?

>calls others retarded for having strong beliefs and moral standards

yup, down to that liberal meme of pointing out how anyone they disagree with is a retard.
>>
>>27114144
you, I like you
we need more (You)'s from you
thanks for the hardest laugh all week
>>
>>27114246
fellow redpilled brother. are you preparing for church tomorrow? I have to get to my russian orthodox one, where we have gregorian chants and absolutely no jewish technology for 2 hours. purely based, it is good to be loved and not be a degenerate.
>>
>>27114246
>Watch as brainwashed plebs that honestly think they are free thinkers for following KGB propaganda deny this
>>
File: Stanton canv.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1136) Image search: [Google]
Stanton canv.jpg
483 KB, 1920x1136
>>27112851
>at this point pretty much everyone who is religious should just be killed
>It's fine if you believe in the idea of divinity
Contradicting yourself there. For someone to have faith in divinity they'd need to also be religious.
>if you are a part of any irrational religion, you are slowing down the march of human progress.
In what way exactly? You can have faith in science, as well as be religious. It's not as if all who're religious are zealots.
>You grew up having your parents tell you dumb fairy tales
I'm not afflicted by mauvaise foi, having been an atheist, but it's certainly an issue due to Christendom.
>and don't believe any of those
Do you think that religious faith is about proving god's existence, or the divinity of the scriptures? It's about faith, moral commitment, and the purpose which they provide. Faith becomes significant at the outer edge of objective certainty, and our objective knowledge always has its limitations. Is a subjective truth come about by inward reflection not as worthy as an objective one for evading objective scrutiny?
>but hold on to a religion you know makes no sense
Theism makes plenty sense, read Summa Theologica.
>>
>>27114356
They are brainwashed by leftist propaganda into believing they are counter-cultural and free thinkers by not being religious. Don't worry, this fad will blow over in 30-40 years. It'll suck until then, but just hold on. It will be glorious when the beta cucks get overrun by alphas and order will be restored again.
>>
I've been an atheist since the concept of the christian God was explained to me, found it ridiculous (not the concept of a higher nondescript entity or whatever, though, but that's another topic) but now that I understand the role of religion as a method of order in society and what has resulted from a lack of it, I wish I could be religious again.
>>
>>27114189
>I challenge you to ask God to show himself to you.

Did that when I was a teenager, all the time. Nothing happened.

I don't hate Christianity, but I think it has failed the European peoples as a pillar for our communities.
>>
>>27114048
google says it's sofi yogi kimi or something
>>
>>27113788
>There are people that try to be edgy while being so beta they have to remain passive aggressive in doing so
>all under the guise of being open minded and understanding for being this way

oh my god, robots you manage to get lower and lower at all angles

Are you 14? You really think religious people do it because they're just scared of MUH DEATH, they believe in MUH FAIRY TALES
>>
>>27114848

Like you, I am a 'literal' fedora. I've always found religion ridiculous and I automatically think less of the intelligence of an individual believer, despite there having been many brilliant believers, of course.

Also like you, I'm old enough to recognize the important social aspect and 'aspirations' of religion, as a social glue, a common history, a compelling, positive story (humans need to tell stories in order to make sense of the world), etc. Someone who raises a family and belongs to a locally popular religion is 'doing all of the right things', and is effectively fully participating in society. Also, since he has reproduced and has the respect of some friends, co-workers etc, this all redounds to his mental and physical health. Even prayer has been shown to have health benefits in the supplicant, which I don't dispute.

However, where I fundamentally disagree with you, and with others who would like to 'go back' to religion, is in/with your conclusion. It seems to me that, rather than growing up and accepting the actual social value of "that old time religion", we should always instead seek to be able to do without it. To be, as I would put it, good enough, strong enough, smart enough to be able to do without religion. That this is in a definite sense 'anti-human' in that it offends our emotions and even mental health, is no kind of a defense of religion, when all other observations (science) tend only to diminish religion and theism. Quite the opposite I see this instead only as an indication /of the weakness of humans/, not to be able to 'be okay' with the desolate godless conclusion toward which nature inevitably impels us.
>>
Who the bitch in the picture
>>
>>27115140

Moreover, a small lie somewhere eventually expresses itself negatively in a society. I see god as this lie, the little bit of culture which allows religionists to specifically do the things that they do. Marxists told a rather distinct set of lies, which also expressed themselves negatively in the execution, and more quickly, leading to much the same results.

We should instead endeavor /to become animals that are capable of living without religion, and without the distress that that causes humans. I am exactly proposing that we should endeavor to /become non-human/, which feeds either into 'barbarism' (a Christian reply), or else whatever genetically altered post-human reddit memes you would care to imagine.

I can sketch an ideal society: an objectively superior version of the present, without any unintended consequences. Every time some disease is cured or a particularly useful piece of tech is developed, this is approximated. I see being able to do without god as another avenue for improvement - provided it doesn't cause the species to commit suicide in this life, or to be sent to hell in the next (part of what I meant by banishing unintended consequences above).
>>
>>27115066

I'm not that guy but cool ad-hom (no actually, you've probably said something right about fedoras in general).

But there are two honest pushbacks on your thing. One is, and I'm being perfectly serious and not memeing when I say this, you underestimate how dumb half the population is. I guarantee you that the people in ISIS truly believe in what they're doing. This is a consequence of both low-intelligence, but admittedly also poor education, a distinct but related issue. The low-intelligence is helped along by the more prevalent cousin-marriage which allows IQ samples to linger in double-digit territory. Also there are those who just plain believe, for whatever reason. But it is associated with lower intelligence.

The second pushback, and I smiled when you brought it up, is that that when you said "m-muh religionists aren't scurred of death", my reply is: uh, yeah, they are, like we all are. They just spin out a nice story for afterwards, and hate when that story is thwarted, both for cultural reasons, /but also because You Gon' Rot In The Ground, Boy./

A meme made the rounds on the internet recently which goes directly to your scoffing: basically, a study asserted that people dislike atheists because the basic ideas of atheism itself are experienced as an unpleasant reminder of death. Various pop-articles expounded on this, but I will simply link the relevant study's abstract, so you can work backwards if you like.

In short, your scoffing is turned back on itself because, yeah, to get through life, people actually do come up with (internalize) some vague notion of an afterlife, and keep that on automatic pilot, somewhere in their brains. And when that's questioned, they hate hate hate that.

http://spp.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/04/27/1948550615584200.abstract
>>
>>27112851
>trying to argue with a christian and they fall back to "because the bible says so"
You just can't argue with those types of people. Then they always move the goal posts around.
>>
Religion is fucked I remember being in church as a child saying to myself how the fuck do people believe this dumb shit. And then they pass around trays asking for money suck my shitty ass
>>
>>27115164
Asian trap
>>
>>27114356
Are you just baiting or actually this stupid? I stopped reading at your second reply since you clearly have the reading comprehension of an elementary school child. Your first line cut the sentence off half way through and you're arguing it out of context. The second line is just as bad as you seem to be intentionally acting dense in order to argue. Your science and religious comment was exactly what he was addressing with his conditional, and so was the third sentence.

>Believing in the idea of divinity
Okay so your example would currently be under that category but oh whoops here comes the conditional
>if you are a part of any irrational religion
(by the way he's obviously including zealots in this category)See, now we would need to know more specifics to understand if you example would fall under this category. Would it really matter if someone has "faith in science" if they also believe something stupid like the flying spaghetti monster? It's also pretty funny you would use the word faith. Do you think that all sorts of scientists and mathematicians just have "faith" that their formulas and theorems are correct? No, they know they are correct because it's something that can be proven.

I don't even want to read the rest of the garbage you typed out.
>>
File: KNOCK.jpg (55 KB, 400x497) Image search: [Google]
KNOCK.jpg
55 KB, 400x497
My parents told me God didn't exist. That was the "fairy tale" they told me when I was young. Now as an adult, I realize that God does exist. The only way you will respond to this post is by insulting me. You say there's no evidence God exists? There's no evidence to prove otherwise as well.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
-Carl Sagan

If you don't understand the beauty, the passion, the love of a God who would put himself in a human body just to experience death like all of us, then I can't help you. God came here to die, and when he was here he said:

"If you love me, you most hate your brother, sister, father, mother, yes, and even yourself"
-Luke 14:26

Does that sound like something the average Christian does? No, it does not. Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way. Few Christians really follow it.
>>
>>27112851
OMG she is sooooo hot. i want her!
>>
>>27115447
>when you said "m-muh religionists aren't scurred of death"
I'm pretty sure he meant that the religious are not religious solely due to their human will to persist being exploited, though I'm sure that in some instances individuals will convert after buying into the concept of salvation & life after death.
>>27115730
>The second line is just as bad
I'd imagine that by "slowing down the march of human progress", he was referring to the cases of religious whom adhere to spirituality & the gospel, shunning science. It's primarily zealots wishing to dispel objectivity, not moderates, which do not seem to be halting human progress.
>they know they are correct because it's something that can be proven.
I can note the distinction between empirically verifiable truths & individual subjective truth.
>pretty funny you would use the word faith
Only zealots would claim to "know" that a god exists. A deity existing cannot be proven or disproved unless you're Gnostic. You'll lean towards faith or disbelief, there is no absolute certainty, & a moderate would not pretend that there is. Faith cannot prove a god's existence, & I do not believe it should be able to, as that's not the point. Its purpose is to provide purpose, an objective moral standard, & a principled set of values, which is why I use "faith" here.
>>
>>27116666
>pretty funny you would use the word faith
I misinterpreted that as directed towards the next line, well, it's 04:00.
It'd not be wrong to use "faith" here since objectivity does not necessarily lead to certainty. They must have faith in their field's contributors, of which their current knowledge & its system of praxis is based upon.
>>
>>27112851
>>27114238
Indulging in religion is merely a means of passing time, what it comes down to is the fact that we're highly advanced multicellular organisms

there is no God, only physical matter
>>
>>27114189
Also christian, what's up bro
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.