[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you go about showing your true personality to people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1438553104785.gif (137 KB, 659x576) Image search: [Google]
1438553104785.gif
137 KB, 659x576
How do you go about showing your true personality to people?

I am very polite and kind to others, and I try to be outgoing and cool to the normies but I'm really a manically depressed, self conscious, mentally deranged and disinterested loser with obsessive/autistic tendencies.

No one wants to be around someone like that.
>>
File: Melkor_Bauglir.jpg (277 KB, 1104x900) Image search: [Google]
Melkor_Bauglir.jpg
277 KB, 1104x900
>>27111801

I use it to frighten homeless people who babble at me.
>>
>>27111879
What's your personality like family?
>>
>>27111899

I have no idea, people are just instinctively repulsed or scared of "real me" for no seeming reason.
>>
>>27111926
hm
thats interesting. maybe you have those empty, soulless depression eyes. you can tell a lot about a person from their eyes.
>>
I don't. I've given up. This game simply doesn't want me to play it or rather inherently puts me at a disadvantage.

Therefore, I won't play it.
>>
>raised to repress my emotions at all costs
>learned through experience that the best way to get what you want from people while avoiding conflict is to tell them what they want and behave in a way that never conflicts with their interests
>as a result I am INSANELY inhibited, and cannot relax around anyone, no matter how long we've known each other
>I know who I am and what my real personality is, but it feels impossible to let down my guard long enough to let anyone see it
>at work I get called a robot, people comment on how rigid and polite I am, they ask me all sorts of questions trying to get to know me better and all I can do is give them shallow or evasive answers in reply
this is a special kind of hell
>>
>>27111879
That sounds like a good way to get eventually stabbed.
>>
>>27112470
You are me, anon.

The good part about it is that everyone thinks I'm insanely straight edge even though I do drugs and shit.
>>
>>27112470

Same here. The worst part is people like fake me more than real me.

It's like being an ugly person who's really good at makeup.
>>
File: 1457649782771.gif (2 MB, 540x501) Image search: [Google]
1457649782771.gif
2 MB, 540x501
Just do what I do and never let your guard down for anybody, never be comfortable at any moment and always walk on eggshells for fear of anyone finding out anything personal about yourself. Live in constant fear and lies like I do.

You'll always be alone and will never form a meaningful relationship with anybody, but it's better than the permanent sting of rejection from someone you care about deeply! I think!
>>
>>27111801
A good friend of mine is exactly like that. He's a pseudo-cyborg, really. Tries to function in society acting as a normie around everyone but me, although lately he's been trying so hard that even with me some of his "normie aspects" manifest themselves.
>>
>>27112747
fake it till you make it huh
>>
>>27112470
>>27112525
>>27112528

A feeling I know too well.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.