[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does weed help you cope with things(anxiety,depression)? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 1456639223747.jpg (126 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1456639223747.jpg
126 KB, 444x460
Does weed help you cope with things(anxiety,depression)?
I've been thinking about smoking just to help me right now, or is it just a meme.
>>
Depression? Yes.
Anxiety. No.
>>
>>27111236
No, it makes it worse for me. It's fun for like an hour, but then I freak out and hate myself.
>>
Depression? No.
Anxiety. Yes.
>>
I've done it twice, first time was great, second time i sneade hard and collapsed into a puddle of misanthropy and depression
>>
weed helps me cope with gender dysphoria
>>
>>27111248
>>27111275
As you can see, your mileage may vary. Try it out and decide for yourself.
>>
When I was smoking it seemed to have a long term positive impact on my depression, I felt better even for like months after I stopped smoking. Then the depression came back.
>>
>>27111236
I wouldn't recommend it. You may end up thinking everything is police and sleeping in your friends trunk because you refuse to GT out of the car because the "police" are everywhere.
>>
>>27111236
It's a meme, and makes you feel like you are mentally handicapped always
>>
It varies from person to person
My recommendation is that if you really want to do it, do it on your highs (no pun intented), when you are at the top of your shitty life, like i don't know...Saturday 2am? then weed
>>
>>27111284
POST FEET TRANNY!

original post of the day award bronze winner
>>
Everything depends on the person, it's really sometimes the only thing that helps. I smoke occasionally for 7 years now - love it
>>
>>27111236
O P I A T E
P
I
A
T
E
>>
File: stalin smokin.jpg (53 KB, 394x395) Image search: [Google]
stalin smokin.jpg
53 KB, 394x395
It helps with depression at least for a bit. with anxiety i have felt very anxious on it, but not more so than sober. so if i was you i'd give it a shot, its quite fun and inst to dangerous, just dont start if you need to study or do important shit, it saps your ability to be fucked with stuff and your motivation gets pretty low.
>>
Weed amplifies those feelings x1000 for me
>>
>>27111236
I have purely obsessional OCD (which is practically just internalized generalized anxiety). It's a personal hell by itself, and weed just exacerbates the problem.

It doesn't matter if it's a good or bad day for me; if I happen to begin the cycle of obsessive thought, it snowballs from there and the experience on weed is total hell.
>>
>>27111248
> Anxiety. No.
Depends on the strain for me desu. Some make me relaxed as fuck, and others can make me paranoid and anxious as hell
>>
>>27111275
This imo, but weed makes me anxious but body type is good for me
>>
>>27111722
>>27111754
That's because there are sativa and indica strains. One gives you the head high, a cerebral sort of euphoria, and the other a body buzz. The second one won't cause anxiety, but you might get couchlock.
>>
>>27111236
At first yea

But now I'm sure I have a bipolar disorder. I can't control that voice in my head anymore when high

And my anxiety is through the roof.

I'm quitting. The ride was fun while it lasted
>>
>>27111922
This tbqhfam

Especially now that I'm taking Zoloft, I've become way too impulsive with my weed use and can't control it anymore. So now it just leaves me a spaced out anxious wreck for most of the day. Plus...I fap a bit too much on it I think.
>>
>>27111236
>Depression? Yes.
>Anxiety. yes
>>
>>27111236

watch this, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JDpE5L4N74

peace
>>
>>27112002
Ha

I'm on Zoloft too. First time while on zoloft the weed had little to no effect. Now that I'm on it again it rapes my shit and those that I'm smoking with get pissed because I need to slow down

If it's an indica strand I literally can't talk. My thoughts are racing and it's all negative shit. I can still cook up some art but thinking is a no go
>>
Do not use drugs for anxiety/depression. Marijuana will make it worse if you are depressed most of the time.

I've found that mushrooms and MXE can be good for working through anxiety/depression but I don't think most robots and people in general do well with hallucinogens.
>>
Lately I've been paranoid that people conspire against me, I'm afraid that weed has given me schizofrenia is it possible?
>>
>>27112360
>is it possible?
It's impossible for marijuana to "give" you mental illness. It is possible for marijuana to bring latent mental illness to the forefront. If you're mentally fine when not doing drugs then just don't do drugs. Marijuana can't "give" you anything except for a buzz.
>>
>>27111236
i could only do it at night when im alone, cause otherwise i feel anxious, but its great. makes me interested in life again and fapping is amazing
>>
>>27112391
This

I took a huge hit and about 20 minutes later I started thinking the most retarded shit. Thought my best friend was a secrete agent and the rest were using just using me

It were hard to fight the thoughts but logic wins every time. I just thought of all the good times and ignored the crazy

I don't think I have it in me to do it a second time. That was an intense moment for me
>>
File: Salvia comic green couch.jpg (692 KB, 1056x4830) Image search: [Google]
Salvia comic green couch.jpg
692 KB, 1056x4830
>>27111236
No not really.

It'll make you feel good for a couple of hours and it's fun to eat a whole bag of cheese while watching your animes or whatever, but it has no significant long-term effects to help you with those.

>>27111248
>>27111275
>>27111289
>>27111920
>>27111722
>>etc.

Either meme strains can make it worse. Either you get extremely paranoid and it increases your anxiety, and/or the couchlock and overall laziness worsens your depression.

The best thigns you help you cope and even overcome those things are powerful entheogens like mushrooms, salvia, and peyote. Even Ayahuasca.
>>
File: RbrH8.png (191 KB, 924x982) Image search: [Google]
RbrH8.png
191 KB, 924x982
You should put the idea to bed right this instance
>>
>>27111236
DON'T SHOOT THE GOAT
>>
>smoke a lot
>get anxious
>have a panic attack

There you have it. You will think you will die, but you will not.
You will have nothing to do, except to control yourself.

And when you learn to control yourself, and what it means... then you will have it.

You will feel very grateful for having listened to me.
>>
Who /kratom/ here?
It's excellent. It completely removes my autism in social situations and motivates me to work. It's like all the things people say about nofap, only it actually works. You can hardly even tell you're on a drug, it just feels like a natural great mood.
>>
>>27113373
Love it, prefer red vein bali, have red vein bali but don't use it because I literally stop shitting even after a single use. Even if I use tons of fiber and water my shits either don't happen or involve painful cramping.
>>
It effects people differently. When I smoke I feel good but the next day I feel very anxious and shitty.
>>
>>27113373
Kratom doesn't do shit for me, Phenibut however has changed my life.
>>
>>27113373
Been keeping up a decent kratom habit for over a year now. I don't know how people say it doesn't get you high, because I am definitely getting high. Perks my spirits up and keeps me carefree.
>>
Weed affects everyone differently. Some people smoke it and feel less anxious/depressed and others smoke and feel even more depressed/anxious than they were before.
I recommend you try it, see how it affects you then go from there
>>
>>27111236
>tfw a qt girl smiled at me as I was entering my dispensary today

Do it my man. Just don't use it for escapism and don't do it too much because if you do you will not develop like a normal human being.
>>
File: 1449929559387.jpg (51 KB, 482x529) Image search: [Google]
1449929559387.jpg
51 KB, 482x529
>>27111236
I clicked on this thread hoping th OP image was a gif, now I'm disappointed and even more depressed than I was.
>>
>>27111654
Magic mushrooms help with ocd a great deal
>>
>>27111236
Do not smoke in the interest of using it to alleviate a personal problem that you're having. It will only make your situation worse. I've been through this and it nearly destroyed me.
>>
>>27111236
drugs are there to make a good time an even better time, they are the topping. If youre doing them just for the sake of doing them or as a coping mechanism thats when problems develope
>>
>>27117452
just be ready for a mental breakdown tho.
>>
>>27118783
Only if you go DUDE MUSHROOMS LMAO and down a whole bag in one go

On smaller dosages it is still calming pleasant without any of the mindfuck. More of a body high than a trip.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.