[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do children on 4chan "mock" songs from the late
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: music.png (18 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
music.png
18 KB, 800x800
Why do children on 4chan "mock" songs from the late 90's to early 2000's? (ie Evanescence, Coolio and others)
Is the style/culture unknown to them? Or do they indirectly mock their siblings/older people who know and enjoy them?
I don't get it.
>>
Everyone really only likes the music of their generation. It's pretty much as simple as that.
>>
Go watch the South Park episode about Stan being a cynical asshole and having Asperger's. You should learn a thing or two about yourself when you do.
>>
File: 1423534014502.png (179 KB, 1308x1332) Image search: [Google]
1423534014502.png
179 KB, 1308x1332
They're shitty songs that were just thrown together to make a quick buck. That was the era of complete commercialization, everyone sold out and nothing of artistic merit emerged out of that, besides a few outlier bands. You don't actually like Evanescence and Coolio, do you?
>>
>>27109998
>Go watch the South Park
>You should learn a thing or two about yourself

I'm neither 12 years old nor retarded. If you still watch cartoons you're too young for this board anyway.
>>
>>27110037
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's what this board is for.
>>
>>27110032
>You don't actually like Evanescence and Coolio, do you?
Are you fucking kidding me? Of course I do. Tens, if not hundreds of millions of ther people do as well.
>>
File: 1421136195641.jpg (38 KB, 645x444) Image search: [Google]
1421136195641.jpg
38 KB, 645x444
>>27110037
>>27110163
Well, you should accept that you're listening to what is essentially the "cartoons" of music, and people will look down on you for that. Because it's just derivative mindless trash thrown together by some big suits to make stupid teenagers give them their money.
>>
fuckin dadrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy9Lgpg1m8
>>
>>27109961
>Older
The late 90s is when music and all media jumped the shark to chase that pleb buck. Everything after 1998 was shit.
>>
There are a bunch of great bands from the 90s what the fuck are you talking about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.