[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>parents want me to see a therapist Why do they do this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: REEEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>parents want me to see a therapist

Why do they do this

I'M FUCKING FINE JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE
>>
You've obviously got a lot of pent up aggression. Maybe you should ask yourself why, and if it's time to confront that.
>>
>>27109434
You'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ
>>
Trust your parents anon.
>>
>>27109434

Make sure you can pick your own, ask the insurance your parents have, search on psychology today's therapist finder and PICK A MAN
>>
>>27109434
your parents are sending you to a magical huckster who will give you meme pills.
>>
>>27109434
Also I'd search under jungian
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2208x1242
>>27109568
That's a psychiatrist that's different
>>
>>27109551
fuck off huckster. No one with half a brain takes your shyster profession seriously.
>>
>>27109434
Tell your parents to fuck off and you're happy just the way you are
>>
>>27109585
Yes, I know. The huckster refers you to Dr. Feelgood. That's the system.
>>
>>27109586

Honestly if you had a decent therapist you'd be happier, it's really that simple.

Why don't you join the scientologists and talk about why therapy isn't real, that's the level of stupid you're at.
>>
ITT people who need therapy argue using ad hominem attacks and memes
>>
>>27109615
>27109615
Yeah, no. Fuck off with your completely nonsense profession.
>>
>>27109644
>everyone who uses ad hominems and memes needs therapy
>trust me I'm a doctor
>>
>been in and out of therapy since I was 14

It really is a meme. I wish I had never started.
>>
File: 1457597838569.png (415 KB, 598x536) Image search: [Google]
1457597838569.png
415 KB, 598x536
>>27109615
The entire purpose of therapy is to find a flaw in someone and tell them they need to talk to you about it x amount of hours every week to make as much money from them as possible, how can you tell me your scam of work has helped anybody when you've manipulated them into thinking they've got a problem they need to focus on for your own profit?
>>
>>27109434
Literaly the worst people on the planet, every therapist i know is an arrogant piecee of shit who thinks that they understand everyone, always have a superiority complex and treat you like an object.
They are by far the biggest idiots i ever talked to.
If you want help just see a psychiatrist who actually got a relevant degree and get prescribed some xanax or whatever you need
>>
>>27109496
PEPSI

blox
>>
>>27109846
This anon knows what he's talking about
>>
>>27109775
No, you should see a narrative therapist it's about finding strengths and using what you're good at
>>27109977
No he doesn't
>>
>be me
>10 years ago
>school happens to notice i have asperger's on my file
>literally has been causing 0 issues, teachers didn't even know because it caused 0 issues
>send me to some therapist
>literally only makes me grouchy and pissed off
>"Oh, it must mean anon isn't getting enough therapy"
>FUCK OFF
>>
>>27110052
Sorry you had a shit experience with therapy, honestly my agency is an crap shoot, I feel bad for every kid that doesn't get me as a therapist and is stuck with some woman who calls boys "creepy" (true story)
>>
>>27109434
seeing a therapist is pretty cool

I saw one and talked about sex and shit for like 50 minutes. This woman was serious cougar and I had serious transference for her, but it was still pretty chill
>>
>>27110138
>says transference

Ooo, I like psychoeducated clients..no homo
>>
>>27110091
I had sex with my female therapist, it was on my 4th visit. Basically she got to know me and found out that I have a rich family and she made her move.
>>
>>27110202
0_0

Did you report her? That's some serious fucked stuff.
>>
>>27110202
Come on. Did that really happen?
>>
>>27109775
because if you are on neetbux in america
99% of the time you can get a therapist for fuckin any medicaid provider for free. Yeah all therapists dont take medicaid but the majority of them do and then its fuckin free.
>>
>>27109434
You're not fine. Shut up OP. Go to the therapist. You need it.
>>
>>27110195
Im minoring in psychology

I love psychology just wish you didnt need a phd to do something with it
>>
File: 1447068848718.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1447068848718.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>27110202
If you have brazzers worthy fucks while visiting your therapist you aint no robot.
GET OUT NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27110283
You only need an MA bruh, only two more years, start as a trainee doing therapy after only one year of grad school
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1017x903) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1017x903
How do you avoid getting committed while speaking honestly with you therapist? I can't help but feed him lie after lie, so therapy ends up doing nothing for me. I don't want to get put away desu
>>
>>27109551
I'm visiting one for the first time on the 16th and I'm seeing a woman, why do you say pick a man. It's in capitals so I'm scared now.
>>
>>27110363

You avoid getting committed by not saying you want to kill yourself or other people.

If you say a plan or specifics about killing yourself, you might get committed.
>>
>>27110381

Some women are good, I had a good female therapist.

my current therapist says chads unironically and gets my detached redpill view of women and the role they should play in my life, I think a woman might respond by being angry at my view of women and polyamorous lifestyles women have
>>
I had to go to therapy when I was in this program for young adults who didn't have permanent housing

I was always interested in psychology and knew a lot about it and had spent a lot of time analyzing my life. I seriously knew everything my therapist was going to tell me before she told me, but I was still respectful and just say things like, "yeah, I kind of thought that might be why" instead of saying, "yeah, no shit"

Therapy can be cool just for having someone to talk to and might even help some people, but it rarely moves mountains
>>
>>27110394
Well that's why I'm in fucking therapy in the first place gg no ree psych system
>>
>>27110439
this.
Therapy is good at pointing out shit you already knew. Oh you're lonely well thanks for taking 75 dollars for 45 minutes to come to that conclusion I already knew
>>
>>27110458
You can talk about the pain and your thoughts but if you have a plan to kill yourself you might get committed

Talk about the feelings and hopelessness
>>
Last time I went to a psychologist, when I told her I spent at least 6 hours every day browsing imageboards, she literally said I might have brain damage, and if I kept doing it, I could go insane.

She literally said I might have brain damage and that browsing imageboards that much will make me go insane. I N S A N E.

Never went back there

It's true though
>>
>>27110556
>she
Well there's your first mistake
>>
>>27110439
Also I just want to say it's probably most beneficial for normalfags who are just going through a tough time. If you're a broken human being already there's not much to be done. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again
>>
>>27109434
see a therapist

its not actually bad once you get into the flow of it

its nice to have someone that you can basically tell everything who isnt allowed to criticize you
>>
>>27110729
>its nice to have someone that you can basically tell everything who isnt allowed to criticize you
save yourself some money and get a fern.
>>
>>27110907
ferns don't feel the same for me

i want to know that another human being is at least listening to me and thinking about what im saying

that said, for some people ferns probably work just as well
>>
File: 1455665750303.jpg (43 KB, 604x516) Image search: [Google]
1455665750303.jpg
43 KB, 604x516
>>27110556
Lol how can it be true? You should have asked her how often does she watch tv and then tell her she has brain damage too. What a stupid cunt, i went through 3 "therapists" those people are all lying cunts that just want to make money out of people with problems because they couldn't be real doctors.
>>
>>27110907

How would that save money? Health insurance pays for the therapist, you have to buy fertilizer and other things for a fern.
>>
>>27110907
No. Get a dog.

Nothing helps me more when I'm sad than my dog. He doesn't understand what i'm saying, he doesn't judge me, but he understands that i'm sad and tries to comfort me.

Doggos are angels
>>
>>27110949
>is at least listening to me and thinking about what im saying
The huckster is probably zoning out or thinking about his grocery list or something
>>
>>27110972
deductible > plant food
>>
>>27110987
A dog has the IQ of a 2 year old child. It's a stupid animal. You're projecting onto it. Get a teddy bear. They're cheaper.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 250x228
Anon you are luckier than most of us. Many of us are struggling with depression, social anxiety and bipolar disorder. And we don't have enough money to see a therapist.This can make your life great, make sure to do exactly what the therapist tells you to do.
>>
>>27110990
he says stuff tho, and he remembers things i said multiple sessions ago

he's thinking about it at least somewhat
>>
File: images.png (3 KB, 99x94) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 99x94
Anon you are luckier than most of us. Many of us are struggling with memes.
>>
>>27111037
And a plant has no IQ. And two year old kids understand when people are sad, they just don't care. Doggos understand and care.
>>
>>27111149
>Doggos understand and care.
Nope. Get a real friend. Your relationship with your dog is a narcissistic fantasy.
>>
>>27111172
I have friends, and I love my doggo more than them. I also have a family, and I prefer my dog.
Dogs a best
>>
>>27111224
You're in a relationship with yourself. You're a narcissist.
And delusional.
>>
>>27110381
Because women will never understand your male point of view.
>>
>>27111263
Yeah, but i'm happy
And I like my dog
>>
>>27111460
Fine. Just know you're no different than a child with a teddy bear. And don't bring your stupid dog into restaurants and supermarkets and airplanes.
>>
>>27111263
What's wrong with that? Narcissists are the happiest people because they have good self-esteem and find all the love they need just from looking in a mirror.
>>
>>27111630
When I was a child, I had a teddy bear and loved it. I like getting home and seeing my dog welcome me jumping and smiling.
Don't worry, I only go out with my dog to walk, I never take him anywhere else.
>>
>>27109434
No you're not, you're screaming at strangers on the internet who really couldn't give less of a fuck about your problems, but it's the only outlet you have for your seemingly vast amount of pent up aggression.

Take advantage of the fact that the therapist and your parents want to help you.
>>
Psycology is a meme.
>>
>>27111671
Covert narcissists are depressed people though.
>>
Kill your therapist in the name of the beta uprising
>>
>>27111727
How can you be so depressed and still see yourself in such a grand light?
>>
>>27111881

Because you're pissed at the world for not understanding how much better you are than them.
>>
>>27111916
Doesn't it bring you down a notch though when you realize things aren't getting better? That your greatness will never be realized and maybe you weren't the demigod you thought yourself to be.
>>
>>27111951

This isn't how narcissism (or mental disorders as a whole) work.
>>
>>27111974
You sure about that? I had quite an ego when I was young, until life showed me the reality of where things stand. Might have coincided with the depression too, but I don't see how you can think of yourself as superior when everything is really screwed.
>>
>>27111923
Reverse image checks out
Don't do this man
>>
>>27112029

Having an ego =/= narcissism. Narcissism is a legitimate mental/personality disorder. As in, there's literally something different about the way your brain works that prevents you from perceiving the world properly, and no matter how much objective information is presented to you, it will not register.
>>
>>27109434
Do it. It's nice to talk to somebody other than /r9k/.
>>
>>27111923

Maybe actually slow down and explain your situation a bit first instead of making threats in all caps? You might not have gotten responses in the past, but I'm listening.
>>
File: 1438834934274.png (14 KB, 553x502) Image search: [Google]
1438834934274.png
14 KB, 553x502
>>27111951
>>27112029
Unabomber was a classic example. The dude fully understood that modern society is completely fucking stupid and decided he wanted no part in it.
>>
>>27111923
Nobody cares if you kill Nebraskans.
>>
>>27112072
Maybe I've misunderstood that, but I thought it was just a personality trait. I suppose it's normal to be pretty cocky in your youth.
>>
>>27112137

No, what you're talking about is just called being a dick.
>>
>>27112156
Yeah, but I was a happy dick. I actually miss those days, though not so much the lack of wisdom and brashness of it.
>>
>>27109551
>PICK A MAN
Psychology isn't a man's field, it's a field for leftist circlejerkers. In the end it doesn't matter which gender you choose.

I've seen several therapists in my time, and the men were just as bad as the women. The one I've seen for the longest was a CBT guy who spewed the same fucking textbook shit every time I saw him.
>>
>>27110202
>found out that i have a rich family and she made her move

What move anon? Like try to fuck your dad and take the money or make a move on you?
>>
>>27112221
>Psychology isn't a man's field, it's a field for leftist circlejerkers. In the end it doesn't matter which gender you choose.
Truth. What kind of man is a therapist?
>>
>>27112221
Your therapist was into cock and ball torture? What did you learn from that?
>>
>>27112221
psychology was invented by men.
>>
He woke up sad again
He wonders when the rain will end
>>
>Doing a psychology MSc part time
>Including undergrad, a total of 5 years education to become someone's assistant for 2 years to get the experience to do another 3 years in a doctorate to get fully qualified
>mfw I think I bought into the psychology meme
>>
>>27109434
>Why do they do this

Despite your temper tantrums screaming otherwise, they actually do love and care for you.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.