[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would anyone be interested in reading some quotes about Adolf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: Adolf_Hitler.jpg (36 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Adolf_Hitler.jpg
36 KB, 620x372
Would anyone be interested in reading some quotes about Adolf Hitler taken from the Ian Kershaw's "Hitler: A Biography"?

I will post quotations in this thread focusing on his youth and his personality as perceived by others.

Please bump if you're interested.
>>
On his teacher's memory of the young Adolf

>"his former class teacher, Dr Eduard Huemer, recalled Adolf as a thin, pale youth commuting between Linz and Leonding, a boy not making full use of his talent, lacking in application, and unable to accommodate himself to school discipline. He characterized him as stubborn, high-handed, dogmatic, and hot tempered. Strictures from his teachers were received with a scarcely concealed insolence"
p.26
>>
>>27108140
How they explain Hitler relationship with women overall?
>>
Keep em koming!
>>
>>27108178
There are several interesting quotations about this. I'll post some nice ones ITT.

On Adolf's romantic life

>"[Hitler had] no relations with any woman during the years of their acquaintance in both Linz and Vienna. This would not alter during his remaining years in the Austrian capital. None of the accounts of Hitler's time in the Men's Home gives a hint of any women in his life. When his circle of acquaintances got round to discussing women - and, doubtless, their own former girlfriends and sexual experiences - the best Hitler could come up with was a veiled reference to Stefanie, who had been his 'first love', though 'she never knew it, because he never told her'. The impression left with Reinhold Hanisch, an acquaintance from that time, was that 'Hitler had very little respect for the female sex, but very austere ideas about relations between men and women. He often said that, if men only wanted to, they could adopt a strictly moral way of living.'"
p.30
>>
Also if anyone has any requests about a certain topic I'll do my best to find something relevant, though most of my quotes cover his life until around the age of 25.

On Adolf's ideal woman

>"Probably, he was frightened of women - certainly of their sexuality. Hitler later described his own ideal woman as 'a cute, cuddly, naive little thing - tender, sweet, and stupid'. His assertion that a woman 'would rather bow to a strong man than dominate a weakling' may well have been a compensatory projection of his own sexual complexes."
p.30
>>
>>27108177
>>27108201
Why is it that every time I read about someone's youth who is considered a monster by normies I always find that they were similar to me in a few ways?
>>
>>27108201
>He often said that, if men only wanted to, they could adopt a strictly moral way of living.
What does this mean? Should men become vocels?
>>
On Adolf's view of sexuality

>"But his prudishness went far beyond this. It amounted [...] to a deep disgust and repugnance at sexual activity. Hitler avoided contact with women, meeting with cold indifference during visits to the opera alleged attempts by young women, probably seeing him as something of an oddity, to flirt with or tease him. He was repelled by homosexuality. He refrained from masturbation. Prostitution horrified, but fascinated, him. He associated it with venereal disease, which petrified him."
p.30
>>
File: himmler-and-girl-full.jpg (77 KB, 502x602) Image search: [Google]
himmler-and-girl-full.jpg
77 KB, 502x602
Do you have any quotes about Hitler's relationship to Himmler?
>>
>>27108251
There are more quotations about this topic in another book I have a bunch of quotations copied from. I can post them later on if anybody is interested.

On Adolf's poverty during his early twenties

>"During the next months, Hitler did learn the meaning of poverty. [...] During the wet and cold autumn of 1909 he lived rough, sleeping in the open, as long as the weather held, probably in cheap lodgings when conditions forced him indoors. [...] Hitler had now reached rock-bottom. Some time in the weeks before Christmas 1909, thin and bedraggled, in filthy, lice-ridden clothes, his feet sore from walking around, Hitler joined the human flotsam and jetsam finding their way to the large, recently established doss-house for the homeless in Meidling. [...] The twenty-year-old would-be artistic genius had joined the tramps, winos, and down-and-outs in society's basement."
p.32
>>
>>27108273
Not at hand I'm afraid. The notes I've taken are focused on his youth, i.e. up until the age of 25 when he fought in the First World War.
>>
>>27108140
About his micro benis? No thanks
>>
On Adolf's homelessness in Vienna

>"[Hanisch] encountered a miserable-looking Hitler, down at heel in a shabby blue check suit, tired and hungry, in the hostel dormitory one late autumn night, [...] The hostel was a night-shelter offering short-term accommodation only [...] Hitler, looking in a sorry state and in depressed mood, went in the mornings along with other destitutes to a nearby convent in Gumpendorferstrase where the nuns doled out soup. The time was otherwise spent visiting public warming-rooms, or trying to earn a bit of money. Hanisch took him off to shovel snow, but without an overcoat Hitler was in no condition to stick at it for long. He offered to carry bags for passengers at the Westbahnhof, but his appearance probably did not win him many customers."
p.32
>>
On Adolf's lonely lifestyle in Munich

>"As in Vienna, Hitler was polite but distant, self-contained, withdrawn, and apparently without friends [...]. Frau Popp [landlord] could not recall Hitler having a single visitor in the entire two years of his tenancy. He lived simply and frugally, preparing his paintings during the day and reading at night."
p.38
>>
>>27108359
Omg it's so impressive he was homeless. I read Mein Kampf and it impressed me a lot.
>>
On Adolf's vegetative state of living

>"Since his failure in the Art Academy in 1907, he had vegetated, resigned to the fact that he would not become a great artist, now cherishing a pipe-dream that he would somehow become a notable architect - though with no plans for or realistic hope of fulfilling this ambition. Seven years after that failure, the 'nobody of Vienna', now in Munich, remained a drop-out and nonentity, futilely angry at a world which had rejected him. He was still without any career prospects, without qualifications or any expectation of gaining them, without any capacity for forging close and lasting friendships, and without real hope of coming to terms with himself - or with a society he despised for his own failure."
p.39
>>
File: 1455692133011.webm (455 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1455692133011.webm
455 KB, 1000x563
>>27108412
Shit I relate to this too much
>>
On Adolf's fellow soldiers / comrades during World War 1

>"His lack of a sense of fun made him an easy target for good-natured ribbing. 'What about looking around for a Mamsell?' suggested a telephonist one day. 'I'd die of shame looking for sex with a French girl,' interjected Hitler, to a burst of laughter from the others. 'Look at the monk,' one said. Hitler's retort was: 'Have you no German sense of honour left at all?' Though his quirkiness singled him out from the rest of his group, Hitler's relations with his immediate comrades were generally good."
p.40
>>
More on Adolf's fellow soldiers / comrades during World War 1

>"For all that they got on well with him, they thought 'Adi', as they called him, was distinctly odd. They referred to him as 'the artist' and were struck by the fact that he received no mail or parcels (even at Christmas) after about mid-1915, never spoke of family or friends, neither smoked nor drank, showed no interest in visits to brothels, and used to sit for hours in a corner of the dug-out, brooding or reading. [...] One of his closest comrades, Balthasar Brandmayer [...] described his first impressions of Hitler at the end of May 1915: almost skeletal in appearance, dark eyes hooded in a sallow complexion, untrimmed moustache, sitting in a corner buried in a newspaper, occasionally taking a sip of tea, seldom joining in the banter of the group. He seemed an oddity, shaking his head disapprovingly at silly, light-hearted remarks, not even joining in the usual soldiers' moans, gripes, and jibes. 'Haven't you ever loved a girl?' Brandmayer asked Hitler. 'Look, Brandmoiri,' was the straight-faced reply, 'I've never had time for anything like that, and I'll never get round to it.' His only real affection seems to have been for his dog, Foxl, a white terrier that had strayed across from enemy lines."
p.40
>>
On Adolf's behaviour while living in a Vienna homeless shelter

>"he had a way, noted Honisch [a fellow resident], of keeping his distance from the others and 'not letting anyone come too close'. He could be withdrawn, sunk in a book or his own thoughts. But he was known to have a quick temper. This could flare up at any time, particularly in the frequent political debates that took place. Hitler's strong views on politics were plain to all. He would often sit quietly when a discussion started up, putting in the odd word here or there but otherwise carrying on with his drawing. If he took exception to something said, however, he would jump up from his place, hurling his brush or pencil on the table, and heatedly and forcefully make himself felt before, on occasion, breaking off in mid-flow and with a wave of resignation at the incomprehension of his comrades, taking up his drawing again."
p.34
>>
If anybody is interested I will post more quotations about Adolf's youth from the book "The Young Hitler I Knew". They are very funny and very sad in equal measure.
>>
Great thread op

I remember the last time we had this thread I was totally encompassed by it for the rest of the day
>>
ITT: Hitler is literally me.
>>
>>27108575
Keep the quotes coming
>>
>>27108588
Just to point out for the sake of not coming across as a meme-pusher / spammer, the quotes posted so far ITT are all from a different book than the one I used previously. The other book, by August Kubizek, is far more entertaining though in my opinion.
>>
>>27108619
Yeah I noticed

I'm still happy with whatever content you give us
>>
Heil Hitler ;-;
>>
>>27108608
Ok, will keep posting. The following quotations (and page references) are from the book "The Young Hitler I Knew" by August Kubizek, who was Adolf's only friend throughout his teenage years.

For the sake of making sense I will post them in chronological order, but if anyone has a request for details pertaining to a specific topic I will see what I can do.

On Adolf's school life

>"His classmates, mostly from solid, good-class Linz families, cold-shouldered the strange boy who arrived daily 'from amongst the peasants'"
p.59

>"In class he rarely came to anybody's notice. He had no friends, contrary to primary school, and wanted none"
p.59

>"He too, was completely alone. His father had been dead for two years. However much he loved his mother, she could not help him with his problems. He just needed to talk and needed someone who would listen to him."
p.32
>>
On Adolf's behaviour and conduct towards people and society

>"Adolf set great store by good manners and correct behaviour. He observed with painstaking punctiliousness the rules of social conduct, however little he thought of society itself"
p.38

>"People who knew him in Vienna could not understand the contradiction between his well-groomed appearance, his educated speech and his self-assured bearing on the one hand, and the starveling existence that he led on the other, and judged him either haughty or pretentious. He was neither. He just did not fit into any bourgeois order"
p.38

>"He wallowed deeper and deeper in self-criticism. Yet it only needed the lightest touch - as when one flicks on the light and everything becomes brilliantly clear - for his self-accusation to become an accusation against the times, against the whole world. Choking with his catalogue of hates, he would pour his fury over everything, against mankind in general who did not understand him, who did not appreciate him and by whom he was persecuted"
p.158 / 159

>"There was a strange contradiction which always struck me: all his thoughts and ambitions were directed towards the problem of how to help the masses, the simple, the decent but under-priveleged people with whom he identified himself - they were ever-present in his thoughts - but in actual fact he always avoided any contact with people"
p.164
>>
>>27108710
>Choking with his catalogue of hates, he would pour his fury over everything, against mankind in general who did not understand him, who did not appreciate him and by whom he was persecuted"

Normie holocaust when
>>
lmao hitler such a virgin boi desu
>>
File: sadness.jpg (36 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
36 KB, 500x380
>>27108703
>he just needed to talk and needed someone who would listen to him
>>
On his loneliness and solitary nature

>"Although he always felt a sense of responsibility for everything that happened, he was always a lonely and solitary man, determined to rely upon himself, and so to reach his goal"
p.165

On his mother's request to her son's only friend shortly before her death

>"'Gustle', she said - usually she called me Herr Kubizek, but in that hour she used the name by which Adolf always called me - 'go on being a good friend to my son when I'm no longer here. He has no one else'. With tears in my eyes I promised, and then I went"
p.137

On Adolf's first Christmas following his mother's death

>"I can well imagine what Adolf's Christmas Eve in the year 1907 was really like. [...] I could [...] understand that he did not want to disturb our quiet little family celebration, to which I had invited him. The serene harmony of our home would have made him feel his loneliness even more. Compared with Adolf, I considered myself fortune's favourite, for I had everything that he had lost: a father who provided for me, a mother who loved me and a quiet home which welcomed me into its peace. But he? Where should he have gone that Christmas Eve? He had no acquaintances, no friends, nobody who would have received him with open arms. For him the world was hostile and empty. [...] All he ever told me of that Christmas Eve was that he had wandered around for hours. Only towards morning had he returned home and gone to sleep. What he thought, felt and suffered I never knew"
p.140
>>
More ayy lmao komment
>>
File: 1457753189707.png (23 KB, 922x791) Image search: [Google]
1457753189707.png
23 KB, 922x791
>>27108878
>He had no acquaintances, no friends, nobody who would have received him with open arms. For him the world was hostile and empty. [...] All he ever told me of that Christmas Eve was that he had wandered around for hours. Only towards morning had he returned home and gone to sleep. What he thought, felt and suffered I never knew"

Sounds like my christmas
>>
On Adolf's attitude to women

>"The presentiment of decay that existed in those years in the Hapsburg Empire had produced in Vienna a shallow, easygoing atmosphere, whose empty moral sense was covered by the famous Viennese charm. The slogan then so much in vogue, "Sell my clothes, I'm going to Heaven," drew even the solid bourgeois classes into the superficiality of the morbid "higher circles." [...] The then famous saying, "Austria is going to the bad through her women," certainly seemed to be true as far as Viennese society was concerned. In the midst of this brittle milieu, whose persistent, erotic undertone insinuated itself everywhere, my friend lived in his self-imposed asceticism, regarding girls and women with lively and critical sympathy, while completely excluding anything personal, and handled matters which other young men of his age turned into their own experiences, as problems for discussion. And this he would do in his evening talks, as coldly and factually as though he himself were quite remote from such things."
p.116
>>
He probably hated himself
>>
>>27109072

Of course, but when you hate yourself, you have to ask why you are inadequate. Unless your self-hatred is simply wallowing in some perceived essential flaw that makes you worthless, which I think was the opposite of what Hitler was about.
A productive kind of self-hate is identifying what you are a spineless bastard for being unable to change in the world around you, and what you are a petty mediocrity for being unable to change in yourself.
I think Hitler could relate to that kind of sentiment.
>>
anon from previous thread who asked if your initial set of quotes was from Ian Kershaw's book

Glad to know I'm not the only one who related to some of Hitler's feelings while reading it.
>>
Rather post the one from his best and only friend, Kubicek. That was a great thread
>>
On Adolf's relationship with his mother, who eventually became sick and died of cancer

>"Adolf spoke but rarely of his family. He used to say that it was advisable not to mix too much with grownups, as these people with their peculiar ideas would only divert one from one's own plans. [...] Apparently among all the grownups he accepted only one person, his mother."
p.9

>"Adolf really loved his mother. I swear to it before God and man. I remember many occasions when he showed this love for his mother, most deeply and movingly during her last illness; he never spoke of his mother but with deep affection. He was a good son. It was beyond his power to fulfil her most heartfelt wish to see him started on a safe career. When we lived together in Vienna he always carried his mother's portrait with him."
p.21

>"he was anxious to escape the atmosphere that prevailed at home. The idea that he, a young man of eighteen, should continue to be kept by his mother had become unbearable to him. On the one hand, he loved his mother above everything: she was the only person on earth to whom he felt really close, and she reciprocated his feeling to some extent, although she was deeply disturbed by her son's unusual nature, however proud she was at times of him. 'He is different from us,' she used to say"
p.124

>"His eyes blazed, his temper flared up. "Incurable -- what do they mean by that?" he screamed. "Not that the malady is incurable, but that the doctors aren't capable of curing it. My mother isn't even old. Forty-seven isn't an age where you give up hope. But as soon as the doctors can't do anything, they call it incurable." I was familiar with my friend's habit of turning everything he came across into a problem. But never had he spoken with such bitterness, with such passion as now. Suddenly it seemed to me as though Adolf, pale, excited, shaken to the core, stood there arguing and bargaining with Death, who remorselessly claimed his victim."
p.62
>>
>>27109161
Every post from [ >>27108703 ] on is from Kubizek's book.

Note: I am posting more / different quotations from that book in this thread since some people may have seen the original thread last year.
>>
Interesting stuff. I'll be lurking.
>>
[Note: page references here are from an online version of the same book]

On Adolf's reaction to his mother's death

>"The next day Adolf came to see us at home. He looked worn out and we could tell from his distraught face what had happened. His mother had died in the early hours of the morning, he said. It was her last wish to be buried by the side of her husband in Leonding. Adolf could hardly speak, so deeply shaken was he by the loss of his mother."
p.64

>"Frau Klara was laid out on her bed. Her waxen face was transfigured. I felt that death had come to the dead woman as a relief from terrible pain. Little Paula was sobbing, but Adolf restrained himself. Yet a glance at his face was sufficient to know how he had suffered in those hours. Not only had he now lost both his parents, but with his mother he had lost the only creature on earth on whom he had concentrated his love, and who had loved him in return."
p.64

>"His father dead, his mother dead, his only sister still a child, what was there left to him? He had no family, no home; only his love, only Stefanie in the midst of all his sufferings and catastrophes had remained steadfastly by his side -- admittedly only in his imagination. Until now this imagination had been strong enough to be a help to him. But in the spiritual convulsion through which he was now passing, apparently even this obstinately held conviction had broken down.
p.79
>>
>>27108243
we are destined for greatness friendpai
>>
Do you think hitter spoke other languages? Axis History Forum says he might have spoken rather good French and English, based on his time in France and apparently he references English and French books in MK that hadn't been translated yet.
>>
anything about the yaoi love between goebbels-kun and hitler-sama?
>>
On Adolf's idea of the Flame of Life

>"Much that Adolf used to tell me in those long nightly talks is concentrated into one particular phrase in my memory, and in this case, that which connotes these passionate discussions is the strange cliche, "The Flame of Life." Whenever the questions of love, marriage or sex relations were raised, this magic formula would crop up. To keep the Flame of Life pure and unsullied would be the most important task of that Ideal State with which my friend occupied himself in his lonely hours. With my inherent preference for precision, I was not quite sure what Adolf meant by this Flame of Life, and occasionally the phrase would change its meaning. But I think, in the end, I did understand him aright. The Flame of Life was the symbol of sacred love which is awakened between man and woman who have kept themselves pure in body and soul and are worthy of a union which would produce healthy children for the nation"
p.118

>"In the midst of this corrupt city, my friend surrounded himself with a wall of unshakable principles which enabled him to build up an inner freedom, in spite of all the dangers around. him. He was afraid of infection, as he often said. Now I understand that he meant, not only venereal infection, but a much more general infection, namely, the danger of being caught up in the prevailing conditions and finally being dragged down into the vortex of corruption. It is not surprising that no one understood him, that they took him for an eccentric, and that those few who came in contact with him called him presumptuous and arrogant. But he went his way, untouched by what went on around him, but also untouched by a really great, consuming love. He remained a man alone and guarded -- an odd contradiction -- in strict monklike asceticism, the holy Flame of Life."
p.121
>>
>>27109441
Nothing about that sorry, I should have stated in the OP that my focus was on the period from his childhood to his time in the army aged 25. I do know however that Goebbels was a virgin until he was around 35 years old, and that in his diaries he wrote about Adolf visiting his room at 4am and walking back and forth while confiding in him about his loneliness and depression.
>>
post them faster...
>>
>>27108243
Only those who have experienced the heights of despairs grow radical enough in their perception of the world to dare overstep the boundaries of what society has deemed to be ''morally correct''.
>>
>>27109562
Sorry, wasn't sure if anybody was reading.

On his reaction to being rejected by the art school in Vienna

>"He had been refused by the academy; he had failed even before he had got a footing in Vienna. But he was too proud to talk about it, and so he concealed from me what had occurred. He concealed it from his mother too. [...] He made no attempt to obtain exceptional treatment or to humiliate himself in front of people who did not understand him. There was neither revolt nor rebellion, instead came a radical withdrawal into himself, an obstinate resolve to cope alone with adversity, an embittered 'now, more than ever!' which he flung at the gentlemen of the Schiller Platz [art school]"
p.130
>>
>>27109599
OP here. I'm not sure if you were referencing E.M. Cioran here but I have a bunch of notes on his book "On The Heights of Despair" too which I might post another time.
>>
On Adolf's reaction to August (the author) tutoring a girl on the piano in the boys' shared bedroom

>"Adolf said nothing. But hardly had the girl got outside that he went for me wildly - for his unfortunate experience with Stefanie he was now a woman hater. Was our room, already spoilt by that monster, that grand piano, to become the rendezvous for this crew of musical women? he asked me furiously [...] The result was a detailed speech about the senselessness of women studying. Adolf got himself more and more involved in a general criticism of social conditions. I cowered silently on the piano stool while he, enraged, strode the three steps along and the three steps back and hurled his indignation in the bitterest terms"
p.156 / 157
>>
>>27109599
Not that guy, but I was never morally inclined. I guess me and my friends were never taught it or something, but making people suffer (by stealing their pokemon cards for example) was just funny to us.
>>
On August and Adolf's nights out at the opera

>"The high spots of our friendship were our visits to the Hof Opera, and memories of my friend are inseparably connected with these wonderful experiences."
p.183

>"Having finally secured the ticket, there started a rush towards the promenade which was fortunately not far from the box office. It was below the imperial box and one could hear excellently. Women were not admitted to the promenade which pleased Adolf hugely, but on the other hand it had the disadvantage of being split up into two halves by a brass railing, one for civilians, one for the military. [...] This always made Adolf very wild. Looking at these elegant lieutenants who, ceaselessly yawning, could hardly wait for the interval to display themselves in the foyer as they had just come out of their box, he said that among the visitors to the promenade artistic understanding varied in inverse proportion to the price of the tickets."
p.184

>"One disadvantage was that the promenade was usually the haunt of the claque, and this often spoilt our pleasure. The usual procedure was very simple: a singer who wanted to be applauded at a certain point would hire a claque for the evening. Its leader would buy their tickets for his men and in addition pay them a sum of money. [...] So it would often happen that at a most unsuitable moment, roars of applause would break out all around us. This made us boil over with indignation. I remember once, during Tannhauser, we silenced a group of claqueurs by our hissing. One of them, who continued to shout 'Bravo!' even though the orchestra was still playing, was punched in the side by Adolf."
p.184
>>
>>27109706

Please respond

>>27109407

Have you read Kershaw's The End?
>>
On Adolf's poverty and his attitude towards the rich

>"When we went with empty stomachs into the centre of the city, we saw the splendid mansions of the nobility with garishly attired servants in front, and the sumptuous hotels in which Vienna's rich society - the old nobility; the captains of industry, landowners and magnates - held their lavish parties: poverty, need, hunger on the one side, and reckless enjoyment of life, sensuality and prodigal luxury on the other"
p.163

>"But Adolf, homeless, rejected by the Academy, without any chance of changing his miserable position, developed during this period an ever growing sense of rebellion. The obvious social injustice which caused him almost physical suffering also roused in him a demoniacal hatred of that unearned wealth, presumptuous and arrogant, which we saw around us. Only by violently protesting against this state of affairs was he able to bear his own "dog's life." To be sure, it was largely his own fault that he was in this position; but this he would never admit. Even more than from hunger, he suffered from the lack of cleanliness, as he was almost pathologically sensitive about anything concerning the body."
p.163

>"At all costs, he would keep his linen and clothing clean. No one, meeting this carefully dressed young man in the street would have thought that he went hungry every day, and lived in a hopelessly bug-infested back room in the 6th District"
p.163
>>
>>27108229
>His assertion that a woman 'would rather bow to a strong man than dominate a weakling' may well have been a compensatory projection of his own sexual complexes."
Yeah, it's definitely just because he was insecure. We all know that women love weak, shy, men.
>>27108262
>Hitler avoided contact with women, meeting with cold indifference during visits to the opera alleged attempts by young women
So because he didn't flirt every women he met, he had "a deep disgust and repugnance at sexual activity"?
>He refrained from masturbation.
How in the fuck could the writer even know this?
>>
>>27108710
>Choking with his catalogue of hates, he would pour his fury over everything, against mankind in general who did not understand him, who did not appreciate him and by whom he was persecuted"
He sounds exactly like the Supreme Gentleman
>>
>>27109679
you're lower than the normalfags
>>
>>27109789
And yet all the supposed NEETs on here are just like me, laughing at the slaves for having to shovel shit.
>>
>>27109779
Just to point out: the first quotation you reference is by Kershaw, who portrays him rather negatively in his biography. Kubizek, the author of the two latter quotes, slept in the same room as him throughout their years in Vienna. How he knew he didn't masturbate I don't however, though they did appear to discuss sex a great deal, though Adolf only ever seemed to do so in a detached and analytical way.
>>
>>27109787
One of the reasons I posted these quotes on /r9k/ originally is because of how similar Adolf seemed to Elliot. It's also interesting that among Elliot's final google searches were things like "did Adolf Hitler ever have a girlfriend?" and "Hitler had no friends".

Also, I was planning to save these quotations for later but I'll post them now since they directly link to Elliot:

On Adolf's plan to win the lottery in order to turn his life around

>"One day when I interrupted the bold flow of his ideas for the national monument [one of Adolf's many ideas for his imagined German state] and asked him soberly how he proposed to finance this project, his first reply was a brusque, 'Oh, to hell with the money!' But apparently my query had disturbed him. And he did what other people do who want to get rich quickly - he bought a lottery ticket. [...] Adolf was sure he had won from the moment of buying the ticket and had only forgotten to collect the money. His only possible worry was how to spend this not inconsiderable sum to the best of his advantage"
p.111

>"The day of the [lottery] draw arrived. Adolf came rushing wildly round to the workshop with the list of results. I have rarely heard him rage so madly as then. First he fumed over the state lottery, this officially organised exploitation of human credulity, this open fraud at the expense of docile citizens. Then his fury turned to the state itself, this patchwork of ten or twelve, or God knows how many nations, this monster built up by Habsburg marriages. Could one expect other than two impoverished devils should be cheated out of their last couple of crowns? Never did it occur to Adolf to reproach himself for having taken it for granted that the first prize belonged to him by right"
p.114
>>
>>27108878
Damn, this makes me feel for the guy.

Jesus, what a life.
>>
>>27108935
>More ayy lmao komment

Have some respect for our glorious Fuhrer, you piece of shit.
>>
>>27108710
>"He wallowed deeper and deeper in self-criticism. Yet it only needed the lightest touch - as when one flicks on the light and everything becomes brilliantly clear - for his self-accusation to become an accusation against the times, against the whole world. Choking with his catalogue of hates, he would pour his fury over everything, against mankind in general who did not understand him, who did not appreciate him and by whom he was persecuted"

The thing about this, although it makes him seem like elliot, was he actually wrong in his criticism and analysis of society if we can assume he used this knowledge to gain such power and following in his later years?

Normies tend to sit back and say 'oh hahah look at this know it all faggot supreme gentleman', but in Hitlers case he actually put this stuff into practice and it worked, his number one followers being the normies that formerly persecuted him and his number one dissenters everyone like hitler as a youth, or secret commies.

It just makes me laugh that people never really learn from what in human society allowed a Hitler to occur and to this day the social atmosphere is almost perfect to create another, but the same people who despise him and laugh about him are instrumental in his revival in another person.
>>
keep em coming. Maybe i misremember but weren't there much more in the original thread? You seem to be a cool fellow, also into Cioran. Though i think Cioran is too radical for the robots here.
>>
>>27110234
Yes there were more but I hate having like 5 posts of quotes in succession as it looks like an offputting wall of text or something.

These ones are about a girl named Stefanie. Hitler and his friend (the author) would wait at the river in Linz each day to watch her and her mother walk by on their daily stroll.

>"I found out that Stefanie's mother was a widow and did, indeed, live in Urharr, and that the young man who occasionally accompanied them, to Adolf's great irritation, was her brother. But from time to time the two ladies were to be seen in the company of young officers. Poor, pallid youngsters like Hitler naturally could not hope to compete with these young lieutenants in their smart uniforms. Adolf felt this intensely and gave vent to his feelings with eloquence. His anger, in the end, led him into uncompromising enmity towards the officer class as a whole, and everything military in general"
p.67

>"To be sure, Stefanie had no idea how deeply Adolf was in love with her; she regarded him as a somewhat shy but, nevertheless, remarkably tenacious and faithful admirer. When she responded with a smile to his enquiring glance, he was happy and his mood became unlike anything I had ever observed in him [...] But when Stefanie, as happened just as often, coldly ignored his gaze, he was crushed and ready to destroy himself and the whole world"
p.67

>"I thought, for a long time, that Adolf was simply too shy to approach Stefanie. And yet, it was not shyness that held him back. His conception of the relationship between the sexes was already then so high that the usual way of making the acquaintance of a girl seemed to him undignified. As he was opposed to flirting in any form, he was convinced that Stefanie had no other desire but to wait until he should come to ask her to marry him. I did not share this conviction at all, but Adolf, as was his habit with all problems that agitated him, had already made an elaborate plan"
p.69
>>
More about Stefanie.

>"And this girl, who was a stranger to him and had never exchanged a word with him, succeeded where his father, the school and even his mother had failed: he drew up and exact programme for his future which would enable him, after four years, to ask for Stefanie's hand. We discussed this difficult problem for hours, with the result that Adolf commissioned me to collect further information about Stefanie"
p.69

>"'Stefanie is fond of dancing. If you want to conquer her, you will have to dance around just as aimlessly and idiotically as the others.' That was all that was needed to set him off raving. 'No, no, never!' he screamed at me, 'I shall never dance! Do you understand! Stefanie only dances because she is forced to by society on which she unfortunately depends. Once she is my wife, she won't have the slightest desire to dance!'"
p.71

>"As with everything that he couldn't tackle at once, he indulged in generalisations. 'Visualise a crowded ballroom', he said once to me, 'and imagine that you are deaf. You can't hear the music to which these people are moving, and then take a look at their senseless progress, which leads nowhere. Aren't these people raving mad?'"
p.70
>>
>>27108243
Think about it. Most of us really want the world to be highly moral, but it isn't. What chance is there to change this? Taking power seems like the easiest choice.
>>
Note: for some context on Stefanie, by all evidence she was the only girl Hitler was specifically attracted to ins his youth, though he never once talked to her.

On his lack of confidence in regards to Stefanie

>"With his memory of his first day in Vienna transfigured by his yearning for Stefanie, Adolf entered the critical summer of 1907. What he suffered in those weeks was in many respects similar to the grave crisis of two years earlier when, after much heart-searching, he had finally settled his accounts with the school and made an end of it. Outwardly, this seeking for a new path showed itself in dangerous fits of depression. I knew only too well those moods of his, which were in sharp contrast to his ecstatic dedication and activity, and realised that I could no help him. At such times he was inacessible, uncommunicative and distant. [...] Adolf would wander around alone for days and nights in the fields and forests surrounding the town"
p.123

>"Stefanie had probable long since become bored by the silent, but strictly conventional adulation of the pale, thin youth, my friend lost himself increasingly in his wishful dreams the more he saw her. Yet he was past those romantic ideas of elopement or suicide"
p.123

>"Adolf, perhaps, already realised that, if he wanted to win Stefanie, he would have to speak to her or take some such decisive step. Nevertheless he felt instinctively that it would abruptly destroy his life's dream if he actually made Stefanie's acquaintance. Indeed, as he said to me, 'If I introduce myself to Stefanie and her mother, I will have to tell her at once what I am, what I have and what I want. My statement would bring our relations abruptly to an end'"
p.124
>>
File: Gerd von Rundstedt.jpg (20 KB, 342x400) Image search: [Google]
Gerd von Rundstedt.jpg
20 KB, 342x400
>>27108488
>mfw I am just Hitler without the shitty childhood
>>
On Adolf as a friend

>"He hated the teachers and did not even greet them any more, and he also hated his schoolmates whom, he said, the school was turning into idlers. No, school I was not allowed to mention. I told him how little success I had had at school myself. "Why no success?" he wanted to know. He did not like it at all that I had done so badly at school in spite of all the contempt he expressed for schooling. I was confused by this contradiction.
p.9

>"But in spite of all the difficulties arising out of our varying temperaments, our friendship itself was never in serious danger. Nor did we, as so many other youngsters, grow cool and indifferent with time. On the contrary! In everyday matters we took great care not to clash. It seems strange, but he who could stick so obstinately to his point of view could also be so considerate that sometimes he made me feel quite ashamed."
p.10

>"I cannot conclude this chapter without mentioning one of Hitler's qualities which, I freely admit, seems paradoxical to talk about now. Hitler was full of deep understanding and sympathy. He took a most touching interest in me. Without my telling him, he knew exactly how I felt. How often this helped me in difficult times! He always knew what I needed and what I wanted. However intensely he was occupied with himself he would always have time for the affairs of those people in whom he was interested. It was not by chance that he was the one who persuaded my father to let me study music and thereby influenced my life in a decisive way. Rather, this was the outcome of his general attitude of sharing in all the things that were of concern to me. Sometimes I had a feeling that he was living my life as well as his own."
p.17
>>
File: 1360487149107.jpg (84 KB, 1280x521) Image search: [Google]
1360487149107.jpg
84 KB, 1280x521
>>27110698
>Without my telling him, he knew exactly how I felt. How often this helped me in difficult times! He always knew what I needed and what I wanted. However intensely he was occupied with himself he would always have time for the affairs of those people in whom he was interested. It was not by chance that he was the one who persuaded my father to let me study music and thereby influenced my life in a decisive way. Rather, this was the outcome of his general attitude of sharing in all the things that were of concern to me.

The truest bro. I wish I had a friend like that.
>>
I'm half Japanese.
This is a very good thread OP,
I wonder what Hitler thought of the Japanese,
If there's any quotes you will have my full respect for posting them!
>>
I hate what he did but I can understand why he resorted to it. He had nothing else.
>>
>>27111078

That feel when Hitler was a truer comrade than most of my present browbeating, nebbish, detached fellow travelers.
People heap scorn on robots for having such absurdly stringent principles while depriving themselves of human necessities - a party with a handful of such men as its fulltimers could go places quickly, and carry normies in swathes.
>>
File: 1435096970916.png (1 MB, 1200x741) Image search: [Google]
1435096970916.png
1 MB, 1200x741
>>27111308
There's this quote by him:
>>
OP I believe you've posted this on /pol/ and /lit/ as well, if you're the same anon.
>>
>>27111308
Imperial Japan was part of the Axis so I can't say he had a problem with them.
>>
>>27111455
>I hate what he did but I can understand why he resorted to it

In that case, you must be misinformed.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.