[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people look down on "shitty" degrees? What is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1453621906001.jpg (26 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1453621906001.jpg
26 KB, 600x726
Why do people look down on "shitty" degrees? What is wrong with studying things like philosophy and medieval history? 10 people get a job cleaning toilets. One of them studied Asian studies, that guy will someday become the manager and manage 10 other toilet cleaners. While the ones who didn't study in college will keep cleaning toilets.

Why is there so much hate on bs degrees cause they have no job prospects?
>>
>>27107705
>Why do people look down on "shitty" degrees?
Because a lot of people dont see their practical application, like there's no profession as philosopher as oppose to electric engineer. Let's be honest out of 100 people who finish history bachelor only 5 or 10 will work something directed to it. Others will work something completely different.
>>
Because those people then go on to complain about their student debt and want people who didn't get retarded shit tier degrees to pay for it
>>
File: 1424148547800.jpg (96 KB, 640x942) Image search: [Google]
1424148547800.jpg
96 KB, 640x942
>>27107738
Valid point, m'sir. A tip of the hat to the STEM master race.
>>
>>27107705
Because these dormnorms will bitch ENDLESSLY about not having the fucking 6 figure job of their dreams immediately out of school. They never shut the hell up and want everyone else to suffer so they can whine over their $50,000 art degree that got them a job as a grocery stocker. You made the decision to get a useless degree, not us.

I'm also sick of the same dormnorms whining about being poor college students as if I'm supposed to feel sorry you decided to take out a loan and party every weekend in some Chad school because you feel like you're too good to work.

Fuck college kids.
>>
Hey I know where that pic's from.
>>
>>27107705
A lot of those people with "shitty" degrees are loud in their insecurities. Also our world is a lot more greedy, and being erudite just for its sake isn't going to gain you extra perks.
>>
>>27107887

A lot of the people I know in the same shitty major as me (International Relations) seem pretty realistic about it tbf. A lot of them are planning to go to grad school, some of them are getting their master's, a couple are in ROTC and are joining the military as officers. And the school itself is very realistic about how competitive "our field" is and how tough it is to get a job without connections/experience. But I go to one of the better IR schools, I guess the experience might be different at University of Flyover State.
>>
>>27107705
It is all the boomers' fault. They are the ones who got the same shitty degrees when college was affordable and went on to get high-paying jobs because going to college was actually valued back then.

And now these same boomers become teachers and parents and tell the kids that they need to go to college and "do what you love" because they've no idea how much has changed.
>>
I-is a degree in History useless? I'm canadian and go to the country's number 3 school if that counts of anything.
>>
File: 1457756387317.jpg (72 KB, 750x511) Image search: [Google]
1457756387317.jpg
72 KB, 750x511
>>27110241

Yes, it's useless, but your life also won't be ruined if you graduate with the wrong degree, unlike in the United States, where a piece of paper costs as much as a fucking house.
>>
>>27110241
Yes it is. Don't major in history unless you like being broke and unemployed.
>>
>>27110360
He's in Canada; Canadians get free everything and their schooling costs like ten dollars. He can study whatever he likes.
>>
>falling for the degree meme
wake up sheep, the only reason we believe a piece of paper has any worth is because of propaganda
>>
>>27110399

Canadian here.

This is true.

and trudeau swung by to drop off a half-ounce earlier on today.

He also let me fuck his wife. shit was so cash
>>
A degree should be a investment in yourself and with a shitty degree you have made a shitty investment
>>
The only reason science degrees are so valuable is because so few people do it. If more people took up STEM degrees there would be more competition for jobs - so why do science graduates constantly insult people who didn't take them?
>>
File: 1437546138920.png (238 KB, 900x941) Image search: [Google]
1437546138920.png
238 KB, 900x941
I don't mind people who want to study a field that doesn't give many employment chances afterwards. In fact, I kinda envy them, because I wish I could study philosophy or history on an academic level like that.

But don't start bitching about financial hardships afterward and demand my tax money to fund your bad decision making. They are luxury degrees, and ideally only rich people would pursue them because they have enough economic security.

If you are from the lower middle class like me, choose for an employable degree.
>>
>>27107738
do you realize that the price of college has increased like 500% in the past twenty years? And baby boomers have the audacity to tell us to get jobs, when they paid like 500 dollars for one semsester. Fuck this mentality. Being a student shouldn't mean twenty years of debt, irrespective of what major you chose!
>>
>>27110981
Feels good not to live in burgerland. Even moreso when I look at your next president. Clinton/Trump. What a joke of a nation.
>>
>>27111029
go fuck yourself. I hate this goddamn country
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.