[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>le suicide is le selfish :^) Can this meme die already?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: do it for her.jpg (179 KB, 845x507) Image search: [Google]
do it for her.jpg
179 KB, 845x507
>le suicide is le selfish :^)
Can this meme die already?
>>
>>27106188

I honestly think it's just something people say to try to rationalise existence when suicide is the logical answer. It's never, ever made sense to me.
>>
It is if there is anyone who truly cares for you
>>
>>27106188
shit taste on the image

but anyways its all about guilt, normies abhor guilt, it is the absolute worst torture they could ever feel. Ironic how incredibly fucking selfish it is to demand other people continue to suffer so they can avoid feeling guilty.
>>
>>27106188
It's really no meme. It's an outside perspective on suicide- if you're going to do it, you need to want to commit sudoku more than you want to protect the feelings of the people around you.

If nobody is gonna get hurt by it, that's pretty easy. If someone is going to get hurt by it, then calling it "logical to commit suicide" is the true rationalization.
>>27106206
>>
>>27106237
>it's selfish for you to make a decision regarding your own life!
>it's not selfish for me to expect you to live on just for my sake!

Normies, everyone.
>>
>3dpd
gross, i wanna go to anime land, anyway yeah what's selfish is giving birth to us and guilt tripping us to keep suffering
>>
But it IS selfish though, unless everybody in your life is such a terrible person that they truly don't deserve being considered for the grief you'll cause them... Or you're totally isolated (not /r9k/ isolated where your mom feeds you cheetos, I mean literally 0 connections).
>>
>>27106266
Lack of self-awareness is a staple of the normie mind.
>shit taste on the image
Fight me, faglord.
>>
>>27106289
>If nobody is gonna get hurt by it, that's pretty easy. If someone is going to get hurt by it, then calling it "logical to commit suicide" is the true rationalization.

>if nobody cares about you kill yourself, literally who cares lol
>if somebody might feel slightly inconvenienced by your death it's selfish for you to do it though :^)

>>27106337
>>27106289
>>27106266
>life (or death) decisions should be restricted by other people's feelings

Holy fuck. Literally "your freedom ends where my feelings begin".
You normies being alive inflicts great emotional burden on myself, you should probably kill yourselves to fix this, stop being selfish. :^)
>>
>>27106206
then why are you alive.
Don't give me the "waiting for parents/friends to die" or "working on it" meme either. You want to kill yourself, you kill yourself
>>
>>27106587
did he say that he wanted to die?
>>
>>27106628
but suicide is the most logical answer
>>
>>27106692
...in certain situations
>>
>>27106692
If suicide is the most logical answer why don't you kill yourself you little twit? :^)
>>
>>27106701
yes, in certain situations, excluding all but "my death is imminent anyways"
Other than that, there's never not a reason to keep trying to see where your road goes.
Excuse the faggy terminology stuff there
>>
File: 1445378326406.jpg (415 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
1445378326406.jpg
415 KB, 1750x2500
>>27106188
It is selfish in my opinion, but why should that really matter? Everything people do is selfish anyway, doesn't matter if it's suicide or spending every waking hour trying to get rich.
>>
>>27106736
And there's never not a reason to just end it instead.

Both living on and killing yourself are both illogical and selfish.
>>
>>27106769
so both are illogical and selfish, so why not continue living, which apparently heralds the same consequences as being dead while also allowing you to experience any fun you could possibly have in your life
>>
>>27106791
>so why not continue living
Yeah I don't see anything against it, I'm not suicidal myself. I just don't think those who /are/ suicidal are any more selfish than those who aren't.
>>
File: 1421589057817.jpg (59 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1421589057817.jpg
59 KB, 500x331
>>27106791
This is pretty much accurate tbqh fampai.
>>
>>27106815
well, I agree in some ways.
We will be selfish and hurt people, whether on accident or not, all throughout our lives. But at the same time, we can try our best to be losers who bring happiness to other people.
I'm starting to sound like a normie, but still
>>
>>27106188
Then kill yourself faggot. What are you waiting for? Don't give me the "oh i've tried like le 10 tiemz but nobody ever lets me go through with it :^(((" because if you really wanted to kill yourself, you could. It's the easiest fucking things in the entire world you nigger.
>>
>>27106188
Ever read Camus?
Fuck life and fuck suicide
Don't like life? Tell that cunt to go fuck himself.
He's trying to make you quit because Life is a chad, but tell that chad FUCK YOU to his face
Live in spite of that douche, live just to piss Life off
>>
>>27106393
>>if somebody might feel slightly inconvenienced by your death it's selfish for you to do it though :^)

Look, I don't think suicide is necessarily wrong or bad, but to imply that it is just a slight inconvenience is just stupid. My best friend killed himself and it really fucked up his family, and totally ruined his parents' lives. It still fucking hurts me every day. If you want to kill yourself that's fine but don't pretend it has only a minor effect on the people left behind.
>>
>>27106587
Because my biology doesn't want me to die
>>
>>27106927
>Live in spite of that douche, live just to piss Life off

This has kind of been the way I've thought lately. I just want to live to spite this shit world
>>
>>27106984
But then they all die soon after that too.
Then it never really mattered and you never really mattered.
>>
>>27106984
Whats it like having a friend you care so much about?
>>
>>27107299
I really wonder the opposite. What would it be like having someone who cares about you.
>>
reminder that suicide is the biggest spook of all

there is more
>>
>>27107370
>Implying life isn't a spook
>>
>>27107439
life IS a spook

but suicide is a bigger one
>>
>>27107133
Same here to be honest. I've had people tell me I'm a miserable piece of shit who deserves to be alone and for a while it really fucked me up; but now I decided to just live my life to piss them off.
>>
If stars died of old age
They wouldn't explode, they'd burn out with a slow fade
But stars escape life with a gun shot
Which makes me think they stick a pistol in their sun spot
Bite the barrel, squeeze the trigger
Might have cared once, but the obstacles seem bigger
And they're stuck behind a giant 8 ball
The milky way is star brains that are smeared across the space wall
You know the red giant in sector two?
Yeah, Hector, true, he was a depressing dude
I think he thought nobody thought about him
And now that I think about it, I'm liable to guess it's true
Everybody wants the sun to come and cure their rough moods but suns need love too
I give out energy and don't receive. I'm tired now, I'll go to sleep
And when this is the coldest solstice, maybe folks'll notice me

Goodbye Maggie, Goodbye Jules
I wish you'd stuck around, you wise fools
Cause friends they tend to come and go
The way the ocean ebbs and flows but there's reminders in the tide pools
But when the standing water's putrid
Who am I to say a choice you made was stupid?
There's a bunch of us who loved you
Fucking stuck here pointing fingers at ourselves for something you did
You you you you you packed your problems in a suitcase
You you you went away forever to a new place
You left behind a lot of blue faces and bouquets and loose ends like shoelaces
But my friend, it's too late
So all my lightweights and barflies, let's raise a pint each time a star dies
And toast the memory of hard lives
Filed on the interstellar hard drives and archives
>>
>>27106188
Isn't it equally as selfish to "force" someone to live when they want a way out?
>>
>>27107670
>ywn be a star
why live man
>>
>>27106188
It really pisses me off.

These fucking retards will try to convince someone that they're seflish for killing themselves because it affects them regardless of how much pain that person is in.

I'm sick of people projecting their selfishness onto others.

>>27106927
>brah, I totally saw this fucking Arnold motivational picture
>bruh, you just need to totally grab life by the horns and ride that bitch bro because that's what life is man, just grab it by the horns and be yourself
>brb doing 5 pushups #hardcore
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.