[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well... I have a dead end job but a little bit of money saved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1456813298214.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1456813298214.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Well... I have a dead end job but a little bit of money saved up... looking to make a change. (I live in the United States... Industrial area)

What trade should I look into? (preferably something requiring a year or less of schooling)

I want to make a decent enough living to be able to support a family.

Any input from people in the trades would be a lifesaver (Literally).

Halp
>>
You should look into an industrial trade
>>
There are a few things, but I think trades in general are multi-year. That being said, you can work when you're not in school so you'll be making money.

Electrical is pretty good, also HVAC is good.
>>
Trucker. All you need is a class A license & you'll be really needed in 5 years. The average trucker is 58.
>>
Move to Cambodia and create a loli fortress with the money you have now and live like a king
>>
>>27104607

Yes, but which one?

I'm basically looking for some kind of skilled trade that:

1. Is somewhat enjoyable
2. decent demand for job
3. can support a family
4 preferably a year or less of schooling
>>
>>27104678
Sounds like a trade is good for you!
>>
>>27104678
join the reserves or national guard and get electronics technician training, then go to work in a semiconductor fab for like 60k/year
>>
>>27104801

I have thought about it but I have some past medical issues that may bar me from joining the military. From what I've read I'd have to get a waiver to join and the odds of that happening are extremely low at present.
>>
>>27104674
THIS
My dad went into trucking 2 years ago and makes bank.
Vet tech is what I am and at least in Florida you can just walk into the job.k
I make 12 an hour and the practice is paying for vet school. Was a carpenter throughout college and it sucked, go any kind of medical trade
>>
>>27104967
Army takes anyone who can do pushups. My buddy has severe epilepsy and he served.
>>
>>27105062

Basically my issue is that I was addicted to heroin.

Which I haven't done drugs in years and it's really zero issue aside from the fact that I went to rehab and it's in my medical records.

From what I've read anyone who answers yes to the "ever addicted to drugs/alcohol" question requires a waver which they very rarely give out because of the amount of people trying to join to get the benefits.

and I'm not going to lie about it since it is in my medical records and I'd rather not be dishonorably discharged.

IDK how true this is but I've had many people independently tell me the same thing,
>>
File: froggod.png (416 KB, 370x547) Image search: [Google]
froggod.png
416 KB, 370x547
oh life
>>
File: bt5.jpg (9 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
bt5.jpg
9 KB, 195x258
bump bimp bumpo asss
>>
Is welding good or it just a 4chan meme?
>>
>>27105453

I was wondering the same thing actually.

eh it's 11:35 EST here most of the North America people in trades are probably working right now. (I work nights)
>>
>>27105169
I'm currently in the Navy right now. I know a few people with waivers for drugs. It is very possible, as long as you appear to be honest. And if your recruiter likes you, he'll walk you through the process and show you the ropes. Trust me, plenty of people lie on their initial screenings and never get caught
>>
>>27105726

I'm not really the lying type anyway-- I'd be going to route of trying to get a waiver.

But thanks for the info.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.