[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /feelosophers/ here What are some readable intellectual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 1449866295357.png (42 KB, 672x550) Image search: [Google]
1449866295357.png
42 KB, 672x550
Any /feelosophers/ here

What are some readable intellectual philosophy works that I can read and soak in for the wisdom that you robots recommend?
>>
File: Schopenfeeler.jpg (146 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
Schopenfeeler.jpg
146 KB, 576x635
Anything by pic related.
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 264x400
NEET-core
>>
Pleb tier:
Kant
Nietzsche

Add pleb philosophers to the list.
>>
any edgy nihilistic physicalist philosopher like nietzsche will make you not give a fuck about anything
>>
>>27101454
>>27101483
Then what are some god tier philosophers/works
>>
>>27101483
>any edgy nihilistic physicalist philosopher like nietzsche will make you not give a fuck about anything
any others to add that are like nietzsche

I really need the >will make you not give a fuck about anything
is something I want to learn
>>
>>27101454
Why are they plebs? Serious question.
Off the top of my head Kants Catagorical imperative and Nietzsches... Well actually most of Nietzsches work is pretty good.
I'm genuinely interested to hear why you think they're bad? Or if not bad at least plebeian? That said, I don't think Kant is what OP was looking for as he's kind of hard to read.

>>27101398
To recommend though... That's a pretty hard question. What kind of philosopher are you looking for OP? What philosophers have you already read?
>>
File: evola_men_ruins.jpg (100 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
evola_men_ruins.jpg
100 KB, 1100x1100
>>27101483
>nietzsche
>nihilistic
when will this meme die?
>>
>>27101527
I might get grilled to this, but Alan De Botton is a pretty good entrance tier philosopher. He's all about "philosophy to the masses". He even turned his books to docos. He won't give you the revelations that Nietzche will though.
>>
Aurellius Meditations

/lit/
>>
>>27101527
I was thinking more nihilistic and negative, I haven't read any unless you count Aristotle's metaphysics once in college
>>
>>27101552
I absolutely agree with that, Consolations is a really good book IMO if you don't know much about Philosophers. His doco a guide to happiness was also IMO super amatuer but actually really endearing to him personally.
>That scene in Consolations for love when he asks that girl out and she's clearly not interested.
It made me like him more funnily enough.
>>
>>27101516
bump for this

fuck off bot
>>
>>27101563
Really enjoyed this too
>>
>>27101527

Because they both don't have anything new to say. categorical imperative is just treat peple as you would want to be treated, that's why they are for plebs. It's not like any person with half a brain could have thought about these things on their own.
>>
File: cabezaborradora.jpg (32 KB, 322x500) Image search: [Google]
cabezaborradora.jpg
32 KB, 322x500
>>27101398
Emil Cioran is the ultimate robot philosopher. /On the Summits of Despair/, /A Short History of Decay/, /The Temptation to Exist/, /The Trouble With Being Born/ etc.

Also, if you're an autistic anthropophobe, check out some speculative realism and non-philosophy works. Ray Brassier, Francois Laruelle, Quentin Meillassoux et. al.
>>
>>27101563
I still haven't finish Meditations. Too much duty and glorious Roman purpose for me to find it applicable to myself. Could you extrapolate more on what you got our of it?
>>
>>27101611
That's quite ironic because not seeing that difference is kind of a view of the common people.
>>
>>27101398
Ride The Tiger by Evola
>>
>>27101641
seconding cioran.
>>
>>27101641
>speculative realism and non-philosophy works. Ray Brassier, Francois Laruelle, Quentin Meillassoux et. al.

Please spoon feed me more and recc a book.
>>
Sapho
Socratese
Plato
"A fire in the belly"
Ishmael.
Kierkegaard.
>>
I tried to follow Lao Tzu's teachings but I'm too low serotonin and obsessive-compulsive to actually follow through with his words. I doubt anyone like Nietzsche would help my situation, and Kierkegaard might just exacerbate it all.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>27101766
Evola is the mos fedora of philosophers.
>>
File: epictits.jpg (17 KB, 278x420) Image search: [Google]
epictits.jpg
17 KB, 278x420
Short and straight to the point.
you can read it online here http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/discourses.html
>>
>>27102262
The one to begin with is /After Finitude/ by Quentin Meillasoux

Then try the following:

/Nihil Unbound/ by Ray Brassier
/Axiomatic Heresy/ by Ray Brassier
/In the Dust of This Planet/ by Eugene Thacker
/Cosmic Pessimism/ by Eugene Thacker
/Principles of Non-Philosophy/ by Francois Laruelle
/On The Black Universe/ by Francois Laruelle
>>
File: evola.jpg (35 KB, 454x339) Image search: [Google]
evola.jpg
35 KB, 454x339
>>27101766
>muh Evola
>muh prep the tiger
>>
No albert camus?

Pretty edgy stuff
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.