[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>spend all day making a video >have no friends to share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 12421521522.jpg (45 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
12421521522.jpg
45 KB, 800x680
>spend all day making a video
>have no friends to share it with
>the initial excitement about the concept died about 3 hours in so I won't even enjoy watching it
>>
>>27101250
post it I wanna watch it.
>>
>/wsg/
Then link it here

I'll be the judge
>>
I'd be glad to watch it anon
>>
>>27101250
Gib link senpai
>>
>>27101388
>>27101416
>>27101426
>>27101452
I knew this was going to happen

I'm doing it. This isn't an attention whore thread.

You're meant to post feels.
>>
File: 931085152421.jpg (99 KB, 680x777) Image search: [Google]
931085152421.jpg
99 KB, 680x777
>>27101688
>make post
>miss one word
>now it means the complete opposite of what I meant
>>
>>27101688
Alright then:
>wok in television, want to make movies
>write almost a dozen short film scripts
>few of them practical for principal
>a couple aren't awful
>plan to shoot the ONE
>camera gets stolen
And I just lost all my motivation for a few months. However, I'm saving money, will prolly rent a better camera than the one I owned instead anyways, got legit actors lined up, and I've been tinkering with the script since the theft.

I'm feeling good about this one guys.
>>
>>27101688
>>27101724
Also, you should share the video anyways. Fuck it, why not?
>>
>>27101250
Baby.
I'm eager to view it.
>>
I like makin' vids too though I haven't had much inspiration of late. What do you use?
Vegas Pro here, think I pirated 13 recently. Use 11 on my laptop because that's the last x86 one I could find.
>>
>>27101812
>Vegas Pro
Any reason you don't just pirate Premiere? Just wondering, I don't have anything against Vegas, it's just I've never seen anyone use it in real life. Speaking of, how do you like it?
>>
>>27101812
I've just been fucking around recently rather than trying for quality so I've been using blender

Now that I've actually tried legit editing a video I can definitely see it being inferior to premiere
>>
>>27101832
I def see plenty of people using Vegas, in fact probably more from my perspective.
Vegas was simply the first one I pirated after having a look around, and I got used to it fast enough I didn't have to look elsewhere.
Plus recently I talked about it to a friend and he talked about the pros and cons of each and we came to the conclusion that Vegas was a better solution for me. So yes, I like it.
Still I have been meaning to try Premiere, and I will sometime soon to see what it's like.

>>27101850
I've been meaning to start dabbling in modeling lately so I've booted up Blender but not done a whole lot with it.
>>
>>27101865
>Vegas was simply the first one I pirated after having a look around, and I got used to it fast enough I didn't have to look elsewhere.
That makes perfect sense, and is honestly how I pick most of my creative software to work within.

Besides minor details and UI differences, editing software is mostly personal preference based anyways, unless you work somewhere professionally. So if Vegas works for you, definitely stick with it.
>>
>>27101912
I did finally give Photoshop a proper try after using GIMP for different things over the years, and after actually using it for a while I found it to offer a lot more, even for the more simplistic stuff I'd use it for.
>>
>>27101934
The combo of Premiere+Photoshop+After Effects is just so good, could not live without it nowadays. Makes most processes that much smoother.
>>
>>27101976
Yes, the potential of using them all together has had me curious too.
I'm still not really sure what After Effects is though, you use it with Premiere to do special effects stuff? I used it once and didn't get it.
>>
>>27101976
Is photoshop really that much of an improvement over gimp?

I've used both for years and the only difference is that gimp lacks features in the base build that can be added later through plugins.

I want to get into linux soon and it seems like a benefit to be able to more experienced in GIMP
>>
>>27102001
After Effects is sort of complicated, in a sense it has many purposes.

I primarily use it to create motion graphics, either within AE or importing assets from PS and animating/tracking the graphics within AE. You can use it to create simple to very complex visual effects as well, either using the native effects or a variety of 3rd party plug-ins.

If you're interested, I'd check out Video Copilot to see a glimpse of AEs potential. Their tutorials are the best, at least the ones that don't require you to buy their shit.

They also have the best intro tutorial series for any software I've ever watched. It's a bit outdated, but the basic principles should still be there:
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
>>
>>27102071
>>27102001
I spent days editing exports of segments of video in photoshop because I didn't know how to use After Effects.

Seriously, just learn it.
>>
>>27102053
Personally, I've never used gimp before, just because I've always basically had access to PS. However, everything I've heard is positive, and that includes a bunch of die-hard graphic artists who swear by PS.

If it works, keep using it until it doesn't work anymore. That's always been my motto for creative software, and why I ditched Reason for Ableton, for example.
>>
>>27102053
I dunno, but after I used photoshop to do some typesetting stuff for a doujin I found out how much more powerful it was.
But yes it really sucks none of this stuff, and music stuff like Ableton and FL aren't available on Linux. It's why I dual boot and use VMs and stuff.
>>
>>27102071
>>27102095
Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to giving it all a go.
>>
>>27102143
I fucking love using After Effects, even if it's just dicking around with fractal noise and the like.

Good luck, and have fun!
>>
>>27101250
you're too creative for them anyway, man. chin up!
>>
>>27101250
I know such feels.

>consider making music
>realize i have no one to share it with and it will end up getting maximum 200 views on youtube before sinking into the abyss
>give up

>consider taking pictures of my toys and lego MOCs
>realize that i have no one to share such an interest with, and that there are many talented MOCers posting their pictures on the inernet already
>give up
>>
>>27102243
I have this too all the time, but listening to a really good certain kinda song always inspires me so much I think "I love this, I want to be able to create something like this and evoke feelings in others too", but then part way though I realise I will never be good enough to do that and get discouraged and the cycle repeats.
Some day I hope I make it if I stick with it some way.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.