[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
airport tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: 1457703294145.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1457703294145.png
67 KB, 230x230
What are your favorite airport tricks you haven't shared with anyone but are really useful?
>>
In flight, put the tray down and fold your arms on it and sleep like you're at a desk. Do not recline your seat, it's a dick move.
>>
File: 113634012-H.jpg (379 KB, 1389x454) Image search: [Google]
113634012-H.jpg
379 KB, 1389x454
>>27100740
They'll let you fly the plane anywhere you want if you bring a boxcutter on board with you.
>>
>>27100810
agree with the tray thing, but recline? nah.

In any journey exceeding 3 hours if you do not recline your seat, it will seriously hurt your back and cause more strain on your backbone.
So unless you wanna impress a stranger you'll never meet again in your entire fucking life, I suggest you recline in those circumstances and sit like a human and not a wooden board.
>>
File: 88.jpg (32 KB, 405x291) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
32 KB, 405x291
>Tfw i used to work at the airport as a baggage handler until i got fired for fighting.

I miss all the guys i worked with, so many fun stories.
>>
>>27100740

>Almost about to piss myself
>During takeoff the g forces make my bladder almost explode
>Ask flight attendant if I can take my seatbelt off
>Tell he I will literally piss the plane if I can't
>She lets me
>Using the toilet at an angle with g forces was a very unique feel.
>>
>>27100875
share some anon, would love to hear stories about the weirdest of travelers you have encountered.ever.
>>
File: 2341.png (272 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2341.png
272 KB, 400x400
>>27100890
would've loved a related pic
>>
File: Arnie.jpg (84 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Arnie.jpg
84 KB, 600x400
>>27100949
Majority of my stories of things we've done in the bag-room, things I've witness. Band equipment thrown around the room, trumpets broken, bags flown across the floor, bags ripped open etc..

I won't share any tarmac stories (Outside where the planes are) though.
>>
>>27100976

Also I'll give one little story of what happened to a women's bag one time.

I remember picking up a certain suitcase (it was a females) and threw it thinking i was going to get it on one of the barrows, it completely missed, hit the floor, and ripped open. The thing litrelly blew up, clothes went everywhere etc.. Me and another worker laughed our asses off and went to work and put everything back in the suitcase, got duct-tape and fixed it up. Anyway 15 minutes later when the flight left, we go to move a barrow and notice we forgot her shoes. We then started talking and could not remember if she had another pair.

I felt like a cunt but god damn it was hilarious, i threw them in the bin. Afterwards a few other guys found out and we were saying jokes for a good 20 minutes all laughing our heads off about it.

Saying shit like;
>Damn this bitch is going to say "Fuck that airline the cunts I'm never flying with them again they stole my fucking shoes" etc..

Fuck i miss it.
>>
>>27101084
hahhah that was fun. on a side note, why didn't you keep the shoes? also didn't the women have the right to lodge a complaint that her items were stolen from within her locked suitcase? can she press charges?
>>
>>27101160
>hahhah that was fun. on a side note, why didn't you keep the shoes?

They were female shoes, like low-cut sort of shoes with pink on them. Plus i am size US 12.

>also didn't the women have the right to lodge a complaint that her items were stolen from within her locked suitcase? can she press charges?

Things happen, she has no proof anyone stole anything out of her suitcase, she can see the suitcase was busted open which happens sometimes even if you are careful depending on the quality of the suitcase and just how packed it is (It also had no lock). Though she can buy INSURANCE when she went to pay for the ticket which costs extra. So THEY might be able to reimburse her, bit i highly doubt it. I deal with nothing we have other people who deal with all these problems and cop all the headaches and they are women ;)

Every broken bag, etc.. we bring up and they deal with it and also cry and complain because it's "extra work". Also In the bag-room where i was working all of us knew every camera angles, so it was easy to snip past.

I've had a few instances where I've broken pram wheels by trying to pry them open since lots of them are so fucking complicated, after i broke it i just threw it at the front for collection and ran away. Only if people knew just how much people fuck around in the bag-room.
>>
>>27101084
Should've stolen her panties
>>
>>27101235
title of the story, carry minimal luggage.
>kek
>also why am I getting the vibe you're based in florida? I might be completely wrong though, just a thought.
>>
>>27101291
and sold them on craigslist. lots of money in that.
>>
>>27101291

Fuck that, but we did pick them up. I used a piece of wire and the other guy lifted them up with his shoes like a soccer ball.

>>27101292

Think of it this way, if you are one of those guys that bring a heavy as fuck bag, at least me and the guys i was working with. I'll throw your bag across the carousel and make it hit the wall on purpose hoping i fuck something up out of spite. I worked 13 hours a day, i don't need over-sized heavy as shit bags.

I was surprised to see one day the supervisor doing the same, i saw one instance of a very respect supervisor who mainly works out on the tarmac inside one day with me. This guy was throwing band equipment down the carousel.

All you could hear was

>BANG BANG BANG BOOM
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>27101337

Also one last story for me since i am already breaking OPSEC here. I'll give you one quick story of a prank we used to do to each other.

Quite a few times, depending on how busy it is, who is working and if it's boring or not. But we used to do things like flip a bag downwards so the zipper end is facing down. We'd open up the entire bag, turn the suitcase to the side a little so you cant see the zip is opened and and wait for someone to pick it up on the carousel. As soon as someone opened it all the contents would spill out on the floor. We'd pretend like we didn't do it or know what's up.

Man i feel like crying that's how amazing my time was, we even used to have a radio and fucking blast at full volume things like 50 cent, Metallica etc..
>>
File: puzzleblooper.jpg (63 KB, 480x317) Image search: [Google]
puzzleblooper.jpg
63 KB, 480x317
If you can get into the private lounge (several credit cards like Amex Gold gift free access) you can eat all the tendies and drink all you alcohols you like for free.

Even if you don't have access, you can ask someone entering if they can sign you in as their guest (some people have guest privileges)
>>
>>27101419
badass af

>>27101703
dude, this can be golden advice for someone like me, I'm a fucking student and I'd kill for this
>>
>if you're only going to be in a place for a few weeks and can do laundry there, you can army-roll your shit into a backpack and not pay for checking baggage
>smoke pot or eat a brownie before you go through TSA if you have bad enough nausea or flight sickness
>always charge your shit or have an extra battery; delays suck
>have headphones
>wash your damn hands; airports are gross
>wear flip-flops or shoes you can easily slip off when going through security
>tie an extra pair of shoes to your bag by the laces
>wear extra layers to transport them without packing them; you can always take them off and sit on them or wrap them around your waist
>flight booking websites use cookies and you can get a better deal if you know that
>always book early to get better rates
>>
>>27102235
>tie an extra pair of shoes to your bag by the laces

everything else is fine, but this.
care to elaborate?
>>
Pack your own laundry powder, hotels make you pay a lot for it.
>>
>>27102292
Extra shoes
tie your shoe to your bag with the shoelaces. This way you can carry more
>>
if you're going to jerk it on an airplane, go to the first class bathroom, they usually have more space and also hand lotion (only necessary if your a cut fag like me)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.