[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any military robots here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4
File: pepe.jpg (11 KB, 172x187) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
11 KB, 172x187
Any military robots here?
>>
Wanted to do submarine nuclear propulsion so I could go months at a time without seeing the sun, but turns out you're not allowed to do that if foreign-born.

>tfw recruiter thought I would sell nuclear secrets to Putin
>>
US Army DEP herem how about yourself?
>>
>>27100701
*here
god damnit fingers
>>
>>27100698
Man fuck being a nuke. School is super intense and the job itself is so stressful that the nukes want to kill themselves. Although I hear it pays great once you get out.

>>27100701
Im in the navy
>>
>>27100730
I'm still delayed entry so i don't know if i count
>>
>>27100730
>Although I hear it pays great once you get out.

From what I've read, it depends. Those guys who walk out of being a nuke and make $70,000-$90,000 within the first couple of years at a nuclear plant usually have engineering degrees. Without a degree, it's tougher to find a high-paying job, but I've read that you can find one that pays pretty well ($40-55k range) at any kind of power plant.
>>
Guy joining the NG here, going for 25B

Recruiter told me I could land a pretty sweet $80k job after AIT what with the secret clearance and the knowledge of telecom systems. I know he's probably full of shit (told me I was taking hair and blood drug tests at meps) but just how full of shit is he?
>>
Yeah, I come here periodically to shit post. Former 2/75 team leader, currently work as an independent contractor, I spend a lot of time Chad posting when I'm overseas and have nothing to do.
>>
>>27100892
Guard isn't looked at as favorably as active duty because everyone knows you were a weekend warrior/whateveritisyoudid. If the job sounds like something you want to do, than go for it. But never EVER sign for any contract because you want the signing bonus or for any future promise of financial reward, or any other kind of reward or assistance tied to your contract. Get every school or training you want, as well as any other stipulations that have been promised to you IN YOUR CONTRACT! They might try to tell you they'll revise it later, but if it aint Gucci don't sign shit!
>>
>>27100892
if you go into it knowing that nothing is 100%, you'll be okay. i'm going in as 31b, and just because i'm an mp doesnt mean ill automatically get a job with civie law enforcement.
>>
>>27100892
He is completely full of shit. Having a secret clearance will open the door to some jobs but if you dont have a degree or experience, you are not gonna get a job. Also you dont get hair tested at meps. They draw your blood but im not sure if thats for drugs because they also do a piss test
>>
>>27100741
>>27100892
>>27100951
No fgts, you aren't military bots because you went to MEPS once

11b active duty here, I'm on staff duty atm getting paid to eat Dominos and shitpost
>>
So many US-Soldiers here, what did expect, I can't understand all your abreviations.

German Medical Officer Trainee here, I get to study medicine, which is pretty good, regarding I'm getting paid while at it.
>>
>>27100988

Aren't soldiers not supposed to talk about what unit they're in and stuff like that?
>>
>>27100895
Do you ever worry about being captured and killed on camera?
>>
>>27101000
im not the guy you replied to, but 11b is infantry, and of course the infantry guy comes in infantry talking shit.
>>
>>27100988
Bro i work as an EMT in the navy and im just here sitting at the firestation just shitposting on here. I work 24hrs on and 24hrs off and most days i dont even get a call. its fucking great
>>
>>27101015
oh shit i didn't even look at the picture he posted,
>>
>>27101000
Holy mother of Kek
>being this boot
>>27101015
Come at me hooah
>>
>>27101038
he is probably just a civilian.

and the fact that u said hooah is pretty boot tbqh
>>
>>27100951
Actually, pro-tip: being an MP makes it harder to get a job civvie side as a LEO than any other MOS in the military. 99% of military personnel HATE MPs, more so than edgy teenagers hate regular cops. This is because many MP commands are fucked up beyond belief, and even if you're a decent guy going in, the tricks of the trade will cause you to be perceived as a dick by everyone you meet.

This being said, many cops today are former military, and hold DEEP resentment towards MPs for the various BS infractions they got hit with while in the service. For example, I seriously once got a ticket for going 26 in a 25 mph zone, which also got me in trouble with my command at the time because I was about to get shipped off to a leadership school. So many cops with military backgrounds in hiring positions will hold having been an MP against you. It's not always fair, but the way the world is. Being an MP might be a chill job while you're in (MIGHT BE), but if your end goal is to go into civilian law enforcement, DO NOT BECOME AN MP!

>>27100988
Nice, my senior instructor at sniper school started his career in 4/25. Solid fucking dude.

>>27101000
Dayum son, not everything in the military is superduper OPSEC BLACKAWPS.

>>27101005
Nah, my jobs are pretty cushy these days. Besides, being captured requires surrendering, which isn't something I'm keen to do with Hadjis.
>>
>>27101038
>Come at me hooah
i bet you're going to be that guy who wears the cringy army outfits after he gets out and wont shut up about the ~3 years he 'served'
>>
>>27101062
Confirmed for never having been on the line, hell you're probably ng
>>
>>27101065
>This is because many MP commands are fucked up beyond belief, and even if you're a decent guy going in, the tricks of the trade will cause you to be perceived as a dick by everyone you meet.

hey thanks for the heads up! and im going to try not to be a dick when im an mp, im a pretty chill dude at home and im going to do my best to not let myself get corrupted.
>>
Do you military robots believe that what you're doing is just?
>>
>>27101085
Im in the navy so the mentality is a little different I guess. NO ONE says "hooyah" past their "A" school. Although we do say "rah" sometimes because my rate in particular is always with the marines
>>
>>27101136
i won't speak for everyone, but i do
>>
File: 1.png (219 KB, 1011x1013) Image search: [Google]
1.png
219 KB, 1011x1013
>all these faggots think they are robots

i bet these queers think they are NEETS as well, joining the military and being a typical normie.
>>
>>27101136
Not everyone in the military kills people. Hell, like 90% of the jobs are just support
>>
>>27101156
He didn't ask "is killing people just" he asked if what they do is just, whatever that may be.
>>
>>27101155
Im more of a failed normie than anything
>>
>>27101100
Yeah, one of my best friends went into the Marines and at the last minute got shafted out of infantry and became an MP. He made the most of it and got lucky enough to go to get trained as a dog handler, and ended up going to MARSOC selection when he re-enlisted and passed. But man did he have horror stories to tell about his time as an MP. Generally, MPs are dicks, because the people they are surrounded by and work with are dicks. Then, on top of that they have a quota system that is beyond fucked that forces you to fuck over other soldiers in order to not get chewed out and shit-sticked by your command.

So even if you're a solid dude who keeps his integrity and sense of chill, no one else on the outside will know that. So when you apply for a job and a guy that was an infantry vet (and 11bs get their party on and probably have the most clashes with MPs) will have an instant negative reaction towards you as an applicant. It doesn't mean you'll never get hired as a civilian LEO, but it will make it harder way before it makes it easier.

>>27101156
This.
>>
>>27101136
It mostly feels retarded honestly, it's like adult daycare with paperwork and guns most days, but as stupid as military life is most guys love it even after they get out

>>27101140
Hooah isn't used in the same capacity as hooyah, at least not on the line in infantry units, it's more like yut
>>
>>27101153
Why do you think that?
>>27101156
But the support has to do with keeping the military running, so they would still need to worry about justice because they're still responsible for whatever just or unjust things the military does.
>>
>>27101155
you posting this comment is why you have no friends, your an elitist, you're no better than a chad. you look down on people who have different interests and make just assume everyone who is into a hobby or job choice is all the same. there are plenty of robots in the military, its a good escape.
>>
>>27101202
Im assuming you think the things that the military does are unjust. What do you find unjust about the military
>>
>>27101178
if it helps my chances, there is a specific backwoods area i'm trying to be a cop in, and most people aren't former military, so my fingers are crossed
>>
>>27101226
No, I'm just asking since I started reading Republic.
>>
>>27101233
Most PDs don't like to hire MPs because they tend to be enormous faggots and they don't have an understanding of EOF in line with civilian sensibilities
>>
>>27101270
i guess the challenge will make the prize even more sweet
>>
who here diagnosed /ptsd/?
>>
>>27101289
>who here diagnosed /ptsd/?

are you? im curious
>>
>>27101288
Trust me man, MP is one of the worst jobs in the Army. Go 68 series and I promise you won't regret it, especially 68x
>>
>>27101332
I went to my school with the 68w people (im in the navy) and the army school is so damn strict lmao.
>>
>>27101270
>>27101332
I have to agree, I wouldn't recommend MP. It's a shitty job; everyone will hate you (other soldiers, other MPs, your own command), you'll hate everyone else, and above all you'll hate yourself.

68W has a much better shot at becoming a cop afterwards, or 11B, or literally ANYTHING besides 31B.
>>
>>27101332
i already got my ship date, loooks llike im fucked
>>
>>27101379
Unless you've left for ft. Leonardwood already you've still got time to pick another MOS
>>
>>27101407
i think ill just give it a shot and if i don't like it, ill reclass if i re enlist. if i cant reclass and i hate it i just wont re enlist, im really set on it
>>
I was in CSOR (Canadian Special Operations Regiment) and did 2 tours in Afghanistan

I'm a robot cause my ex gf wouldn't dump her current bf to get back to me despite having a 2 months affair behind his back...

They're monogmous now fml
>>
>>27101443
if she'd cheat on him, she'll cheat on you, forget about her brother
>>
>>27101455
oh no i wouldnt care if she cheated on me, i would only care if she stopped loving me...

im pretty sure she cheated on me when i was in afghanistan but w/e dont ask don't tell

i cheated on her a lot too, i even got a second girlfriend once because we were long distance im just not jelouse...

i wulda shared her with her current bf i dont care
>>
Im a coast guard officer
>>
>>27101468

can you honesty say it wouldn't bother you to know shes getting fucked by some other dude while your with her
>>
>>27101471
puddle pirate
>>
its disgusting the amount of normies who browse r9k.
>>
>>27101379
>>27101407
This! Until you reach your basic training site, you can still re-class! They'll tell you you cant and all kinds of BS, but it'll be exactly that: BS. Even when you're halfway through basic you can quit, it's called refusal to train. Sure the cadre will make your life hell, but you can do it. Tell your recruiter that you have a family friend who's recently talked to you about your decision to enlist, and he has told you for many reasons NOT to go as an MP. Tell them your "friend" is an SFC with the 75th Ranger regiment, and that he told you that you can 100% still re-class, and that the recruiter is full of shit if they don't let you. Tell your recruiter that your "friend" has offered to speak with him if he feels the need to contest this, and that you WILL NOT SHIP for 31B.

Trust me buddy, you DO NOT want to be an MP. I have literally heard a pilot brag about how ignored an urgent CAS request from an MP that was out on patrol and how he changed his frequency and left them to fend for themselves because he didn't feel like helping out MPs. Trust me man, don't do it. All you will deal with is DUIs, Bull shit tickets, Domestic violence, suicidal soldiers, and rape accusations. It's every robots WORST nightmare as an MP. You WILL be spat on, you WILL be cursed out by guys much stronger and meaner than you who have seen combat, you WILL be dicked over by your command constantly, and you WILL be despised by every other armed forces service member you meet despite everything you do to stand out from your peers.

I have nothing to gain from you not going MP, but it kills me to see young guys get broken down by the military. I loved my time in, it took me from lonely beta to loving life in it's entirety. So it really kills me when I see someone going down a shitty path.
>>
>>27101471

Sea pig get OUT
>>
>>27101484
it doesn't bother me knowing she's getting fucked by her bf right now...

her and i aren't through im sure i'll see her again , its just one of those relationships

i broke up with her when i became schitzophrnic and im a lot better now and theres a lot of love between us
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 1440x1440
0341 ride or die!!

Have fun humping 11s
>>
>>27101497

i honesty do not want to risk this, i know the army is downsizing and if i for some reason become unable to serve, i would no longer have a purpose in life. i wasn't tricked into this, my recruiter was a chill dude, he didn't push me to be an mp, all he wanted to do was get me the job i wanted.the only time he suggested jobs is when i asked what kind of stuff you can do, i stated doing research and found 31b. if its going to be shitty, ill put up with it, all i want is a purpose and to be of any help i can.
>>
>>27101522
find someone more faithful brother, and be more faithful yourself
>>
Thinking about becoming a Air Force Officer, should I go for it fellow robots? What can I expect? Red pill me
>>
>>27100652
Army here. CQ is kicking my ass as we speak
>>
>>27101625
do it bro. they probs have the cushy-est jobs in the military
>>
>>27101630
how is it kicking your ass? In the navy all we do is sit at the front desk in our barracks and play on our phones.
>>
Former Australian infantry with one tour of Afghanistan here. I'm more of a chad than a robot though, so I guess this doesn't apply to me. I never did get why robots would join a combat corps though, nobody wants the quiet loser watching their back.
>>
>>27101693
It's a 12 hr shift and I'm tired as fuck.
>>
Air force here, cyber security. But I'm a relatively low rank (E4) so all I really do is fix computers and do general IT
>>
11B here

Korea is alright thank god its only a fucking rotation, I couldnt be stationed here.
>>
>>27101730
>12 hour shift

lmao here it's 24 hours
>>
>>27102464
which country?orignial
>>
>>27103087
How is Ft. Lewis?
>>
I'm thinking of joining the air force as a nurse any advice bots?
>>
>>27106344
The Army pays more for the same job
>>
>>27106395
But which one has better benifits? I don't really care about pay that much
>>
>>27106395
Everyone in the US military has the same pay grade, someone in the Army doesn't magically make more than someone in the Air Force if they're the same rank
>>
In DEP for the navy with an FTS IT contract leaving April 27th, hopefully I leave earlier I talked to my chief and might leave this month
>>
>>27106419
It just depends on your post, but you can't go wrong with the Army
>>27106462
O I'm laffin
>>
>>27102464
Is it a comfy job? What are your hours and free time like? Also what Air Force job is most robot friendly?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.