[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest question to anime lovers. What makes you like anime so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 13
File: degenerate.jpg (96 KB, 640x1079) Image search: [Google]
degenerate.jpg
96 KB, 640x1079
Honest question to anime lovers.

What makes you like anime so much?

What makes it better than live action TV?

Why does it being a cartoon make it better?

I honestly don't get it.
>>
>>27099837
The themes and art style are generally more appealing to me than other genres of television. That being said, anime is actually pretty diverse, so it's a difficult question to answer in general.
>>
why is art better than photography
>>
I'm into animation in general. I don't limit myself to just anime.

Animation is beautiful, you are taking art and giving it life as it lives and breathes. There is so much you can do with animation that you could never achieve with live action. If you don't understand what makes animation great, you haven't seen enough.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (354 KB, 1159x1364) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
354 KB, 1159x1364
>>27099837
Anime appeals to loners with no girlfriends in Japan. If watched the anime that girl is from you would know perfectly well.
>>
>>27099954
What anime shows have the best art/animation that could show me the superiority of it?
>>
>>27099972
If you watched*
sorry about that.
Oh and also bait taken
>>
>>27099837
Animation lets action or surreal sequences be captured in a way you can't with live action. Look at any cliche anime fight, that shit wouldn't be able to be captured by normal actors. Anyways who says it has to be better than live action? It's nice to watch both because both can be good.
>>
>>27099837
More diversity, reality by itself always looks the same but with anime there are differentiating ways of using colors, different art styles etc.

Not to mention I like the stories much more than what live action has to offer.
>>
>>27099976
Right now I'm watching The Tatami Galaxy. Gorgeous.
>>
>>27099837
I like it because unlike regular TV that seems to be watched for entertainment, anime additionally provides escapism. I've never really felt invested in a live-action TV character, to me it's just actors reading lines in what's obviously a pre-built set; I can never suspend my disbelief.

Don't get me wrong, anime has its tropes and cliches and what-have-you. But I think it's because it's animated, and the worlds it builds generally so much more fantastical and dreamlike, that I can really immerse myself and get some escapism.
>>
>What makes you like anime so much?

Muh escapism meme to be honest, I ONLY watch romance anime and since im a lonely romantic it fills me with hope and happyness

>What makes it better than live action TV?

anime characters can be as PERFECT or imperfect as you want them to be, actors have backgrounds and families

>Why does it being a cartoon make it better?

romance is easy when it comes to cartoons because artists can recreate the style well and it gives me satisfaction to see my favorite ships actually DOING what the cannon implys but never shows
>>
>>27099837
I-I liek, da booooooobz
Day don't got jerms liek da wreel girls X(

No really though, I just find it very appealing because of how clean and artificial it is. I can't stand listening to normal voices anymore or looking at real faces. I also don't put a lot of weight on things being "deep" or "enlightening". I don't think you're going to find the meaning of life no matter how many books you read or movies you watch, and I doubly think substituting one bible for another is pointless. So I don't mind wasting my time on something that's often shallow, occasionally interesting, but at the very least always tries to be entertaining. I don't mind that it's often derivative either, being able to appreciate small differences in similar and familiar things is something that lends to anime's overall appeal.

Why's it better than live TV? Because there are somethings in anime you're never going to see on Live TV, and it tries to appeal to its own niche rather than what I can only refer to as "the masses". My mother likes a show called "Scorpion", I think it's a bleeding piece of shit made for idiots that like Big Bang Theory and CSI and want them both in the same show.

Animation also allows you to do somethings you can't outside of very advanced special effects. It just allows you to convey the concept of something better in general. It's also sometimes the difference between a photograph of a rose and a drawing of one. A photo can be detailed but it will never impress like an excellent and elaborate drawing of one
>>
20 minute episodes works far better for me. Most western 20 minute shows are either comedies or shit.
>>
File: happiness.jpg (276 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
276 KB, 600x600
>>27099837
One thing I enjoy about anime is generally the anime has a set number of seasons and they do not just run it into the ground like most live action shows do. Normally the anime covers a manga,book or game and then its finished. Instead of dragging it on forever and ultimately ruining the show. Because of this you get a larger variety in shows for anime series.

It should be noted that there are some anime that just drags on and on, Its normally shit anime like Naruto etc.
>>
>>27100194
Usually an anime covers a small portion of a manga, book or game. Very rarely until its finished the entire story.
>>
File: mk-illust22.jpg (136 KB, 900x630) Image search: [Google]
mk-illust22.jpg
136 KB, 900x630
I like anime for many reasons
>Interesting designs
>cool monsters
>anyone can be a hero instead of the usual types
When I was younger watching western cartoons I often liked the villian's designs more so than the heroes, and I wished that they could be the heroes instead.
>nice special attacks
>unusual locals
>anything can be an ability
>heroes with huge goals, they strive to complete inspired me to

In all honesty it's just interesting to me
>>
>What makes you like anime so much?

I just love animation a ton, and anime is a subset for that. One that is incredibly diverse and has all sorts of talent hidden in it.

>What makes it better than live action TV?

Live-action TV in general doesn't really appeal to me. I don't know how to describe it, but it often just doesn't work for me like a great movie does.

Even then, I generally prefer animated movies over live-action ones.

>Why does it being a cartoon make it better?

I don't like to say any medium is better than another, simply because I feel that they all have their own advantages/disadvantages and each can be utilized to create something beautiful. However, I feel animation is one of the most powerful mediums, because it gives an artist the ability to do whatever s/he wishes and in anyway they would want it, both visually and audio wise. The breadth of animation is HUGE and there is so much creative potential in it, some of which could never be replicated in live-action.

Shows like Tatami Galaxy, Hyouka, FLCL, Mononoke, and films like Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell and Isao Takahata's Kaguya-Hime are all very different, but each of them utilize the animated medium in a variety of ways to portray exactly what they want.
>>
File: 1438652493571.jpg (947 KB, 2500x1766) Image search: [Google]
1438652493571.jpg
947 KB, 2500x1766
I like some anime, I dislike others. I like the ones I like because of their setting, artstyle, characters, writing or soundtrack, or any or all of them in any and all possible combinations. I judge anime by the same metrics I would if I were watching something live action. You adjust your expectations accordingly after long enough, to the point where you can find enjoyment even in bad things and series you dislike. I guess what I'm trying to say is there's a lot of answers to that question and I'm too autistic to answer it properly.

As for your question regarding what makes it better than live-action TV, that's assuming the weeb you're talking to at that particular moment prescribes to that opinion. I know a lot of weebs who watch just as much western movies and TV as they do weebshit.
>>
File: Peco.png (785 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Peco.png
785 KB, 1280x720
>>27100008

Yuasa da god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tye60cgY6k
>>
File: 1408362052243.jpg (216 KB, 750x800) Image search: [Google]
1408362052243.jpg
216 KB, 750x800
>>27099837
The best way I would describe it would be that Anime has the ability to use "Expressionism" in motion.

Gestures,expressions, bodies, and fights can all be created to express the idea of what each one is to the maximum.

This is the reason why many see it as childish because many of what is seen is not possible in reality like proportions and fighting physics.
>>
>>27100250
Are you the new human monster in one punch man?
>>
>>27099837
The catgirls and large breasts make it extra sophisticated.
>>
Because Western shit is all the same bad drama-romance-action with muh grim dark setting and very srs theme. See that shit once seen it all.
>>
it has good shows

i watch live action as well. but when you watch an anime that has live action, then an animation of that same movie, i usually prefer the animation. the maker of the animation can put in the certian nuances that he wants, it can be better done with effects and stuff, and just more fine tuned in general.
if you watch something like death note live action it just feels 'fake' while the anime feels natural, in the way the characters move and everything. the 'effects' with having the shinigamis etc. also feel that same way, unlike anime which feels 'natural'.

just because it's animated doesn't make it better. like i said above is mainly why I prefer animated.. there's some live action that are better than anime versions too
>>
File: anime tiddies.jpg (111 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
anime tiddies.jpg
111 KB, 600x446
it's all the same shit but at least I can marathon an entire 24 episode show in a day
>>
File: 1453527737164.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1453527737164.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>27099837
>watching normalfag shows designed for braindead wagecucks to come home and waste hours to
>watching something specifically designed for shuttin neet failures

OH GOI I DONT GET IT GUYS, WHY WOULDNT U WATCH THE OFFICE LIKE ME?
>>
File: yTX4l17.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1036) Image search: [Google]
yTX4l17.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1036
I like the style of older anime and I dont think there is good live action mecha.
>>
>>27102519
What anime is that?

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>27102588
boku no pico
Macross do you remember love
>>
>>27100266
Aye-aye just rewatch the Shigurui
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.