[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only won $20 in the lotto this week Fuck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1457569312133.jpg (357 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
1457569312133.jpg
357 KB, 500x620
>only won $20 in the lotto this week

Fuck.
>>
>>27098431
>playing the lotto
I don't know why people do this to themselves
>>
>>27098747
They call it an idiot tax but I'm sixteen dollars richer than when I woke up this morning without lifting a finger. And it was from a free-play ticket.

Don't be upset about being unlucky.
>>
>>27098780
well, that's cool. Just not my thing.
>>
>>27098826
OK. I hope someone with a more interesting opinion responds.
>>
>>27098865

>POST WHAT I WANT YOU TO POST
>>
>>27098881
I will amend my previous statement to make it pander to this anon's needs:

"Can someone share their entirely non-biased opinion about games of chance; let me qualify this by emphasizing the inconsequence of my own thoughts in the matter."
>>
>>27098780
This is the same logic every retarded ass lotto-buyer uses, I'm X amount richer. But then you look back and see that $16 doesn't make up for the hundreds of dollars lost in the past, because unless you win big this happens to every one of you.

Anyway thanks for paying your idiot tax, idiot.
>>
>>27098881
Wow you made me fuck up my own thread, thanks you shitheap.
>>
>>27098780
Kek, my maths teacher once called it a tax on the mathematically inept.

All lotteries are rigged such that in the long term, if you were to play them week after week then you'd lose money (e.g. they might rig it so that, on average, for every $10 spent you get $7 back), however to keep things interesting, they increase the variability of your winnings by having prizes in the hundreds of thousands / millions. With this said, the probability of you winning is very small, so majority of the population will never win the lottery.
>>
>>27098973
I've matched four numbers several times for a payout of $20. Matching five numbers would net me (at the least) $300 which would more than cover all of my costs.

Are you telling me than a magnitude of ten is that difficult to surmount?
>>
>>27099026
I meant $3000 FUCK I've ruined this thread.
>>
>>27098954
you're very welcome buddy boy >;)
>>
>>27099026
>>27099055
I don't know how your lottery works. How many numbers do you have to choose from, and how many can you pick total per game?
>>
>tfw lost on draftkings for the 10th day in a row
>>
>>27099116
Not sure if it's different in Burger county but here's how it goes in Canada.

Pick 7 different numbers ranging from 0-49.

Seven numbers plus one bonus number are drawn from a vat of bouncing balls (NOT gay).

PRIZES:
Match 0-2: Nothing
Match 3: Free Play
Match 4 or 3+ Bonus: $20
Match 5: Decent amount of buckaroos
Match 6: You're fucking made
Match 7: You can buy and sell everyone you hate and have 25 mil left over to build your empire.
>>
>one in 20 million chance at winning 10 million is totally worth it!
>it's only $10 a week, only $520 a year!
>gotta be in it to win it!
>>
>>27099188
The chance of matching 5 is .02%. It just gets lower from there my man. Honestly lottery is such a rip off.
>>
>>27098431
Pick better numbers next time retard.

Like these repeating ones.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.