[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw you realize all your problems are a side effect of industrial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: Unabomber-sketch.png (59 KB, 247x329) Image search: [Google]
Unabomber-sketch.png
59 KB, 247x329
>yfw you realize all your problems are a side effect of industrial civilisation
>>
>he's represented as crazy
>read his manifesto
>it makes a lot of sense

am i crazy or is he sane
>>
Primitivism is a fucking joke. You can tell it's bullshit because no primitivist actually goes and lives in the wild.
It's literally the Khmer Rouge, veganism and modern environmentalism were the worst things to happen to the left in recent memory.
>>
the beast isn't industrial civilization, it's capitalism
>>
File: 1414832038427.jpg (50 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1414832038427.jpg
50 KB, 722x349
Actually, yes that is surprisingly true. Oh well, too late to go back now. We've been softened by our degenerate life-styles now.

Maybe if we get lucky an asteroid will collide with your planet within the next couple years or so and put us all out of our misery...
>>
File: 1378429664673.png (236 KB, 1347x570) Image search: [Google]
1378429664673.png
236 KB, 1347x570
>>27098297

>it's capitalism
>>
File: 1457642987788s.jpg (3 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
1457642987788s.jpg
3 KB, 124x124
>>27098234
What does Ted think about the Martians controlling our penises?
>>
>>27098253

Well he suffered from government experimentation and killed a lot of innocent people. What makes him insane is that fact that he actually thought his manifesto being published would induce any change in society.
>>
>>27098234
Honestly I got where he was coming from but were at a point of no return. This fuxk really thought we were going to turn to some anarcho environmentalism?

That said - his assessments of lefties pierced the fucking heart of it.
>>
>>27098234
How do you deal with being alienated every fucking day
>>
>>27098276
>antinatalists have to kill themselves
>communists have to donate all their belongings to government agencies and get on welfare/workfare
>nationalists have to treat foreigners abusively

There is a word for this, its called ad-hominem
>>
>>27098734
it's not an ad-hominem if you're arguing that a certain lifestyle is better and should be forced on everyone and then not participating in it when you have the chance. That's something a lot more worrying.
>>
>>27098685
I don't know anon, I am in the same boat. industrial society has made it so difficult for people to connect even without social awkwardness
>>
>>27100062
You are a stupid man and I hope you die soon
>>
>>27098234
Oh totally. It certainly isn't because you are one of the very few that despite living in the greatest period of human history thus far with the most opportunities afforded to individuals to make something of themselves, fail horribly and then blame your personal failings on the outside world like a manchild?
>>
>>27100488
why u think you have to be something?
>>
File: tedkaczynski.jpg (36 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
tedkaczynski.jpg
36 KB, 480x320
>>27098234
Uncle Ted? On /r9k? Genius!
>>
>>27100488
So things out of your control don't change your life at all? The way people treat you doesn't change your life at all? Cool.
>>
File: 1449216979519.jpg (308 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1449216979519.jpg
308 KB, 1000x707
>>27098234
>>27098253
>side effect of industrial civilisation
http://webpages.scu.edu/files/The%20Unabomber%20Manifesto.pdf
His manifesto is pretty interesting.
>>
>>27101825
>So things out of your control don't change your life at all? The way people treat you doesn't change your life at all?
Hope you aren't implying the way people treat you is out of your control. And undoubtedly the stuff you consider to be "out of your control" are not, or at some point were not and you let it slip from your control (which by the way is in your control).
>>
>>27101866
>Hope you aren't implying the way people treat you is out of your control.
That's exactly what I'm implying.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

Looks mean everything.

>And undoubtedly the stuff you consider to be "out of your control" are not
Like height, penis size or facial bone structure?
>>
>>27101900
>Like height, penis size or facial bone structure?
Height yes, others probably no. There have been plenty of studies on proven ways to increase height , easily accessible and successful. It's your own fault for not taking advantage of them when you could of. The others are either have no proven accessible ways, or the way to control them require too much effort to be what I would consider to be reasonably in your control.
>Looks mean everything.
Nope. They mean a lot. And how your look is almost entirely in your control, unless you are literally incapable of dressing yourself, or even expressing your desire to be dressed a certain way. But if so you have more important things to be worried about than how you look.
>>
>>27101945
>There have been plenty of studies on proven ways to increase height , easily accessible and successful.
Like getting your legs broken? That sure is easily accessible. Being in a wheelchair for at least 6 months is NOT something that inferior people can afford. Not to mention it doesn't really help. The real damage is done by growing up inferior(short). That's where your confidence gets destroyed. If I got "tall" at my age, it's already too late. CHAD OR DEAD.

>And how your look is almost entirely in your control, unless you are literally incapable of dressing yourself, or even expressing your desire to be dressed a certain way.
Yeah let me just rearange my chin and jawline. Also yeah, my cheekbones need a little tinkering. Oh wait, cosmetic surgery? That's about as easily accessible as leg lenghtening. Not to mention the point about growing up inferior(ugly in this case) still stands.
>>
>>27101963
Somehow I knew that if I didn't elaborate, you would mention EXACTLY those two cosmetic surgeries. There being ways that are totally shit DOES NOT mean that there aren't ways that are perfectly reasonable. You could of increased your height through diet and exercise, which I assume were in your control.
And I didn't say you needed to change your face structure. I was implying that you should dress better. And you can wear make-up, learn to present yourself better, use body language suited to your social goals, ect. Those again I am assuming are in your control.
And if they aren't, then you can't trace your problems back to industrial civilization.
>>
>>27098234
>yfw you realize your batshit insane masturbating to gore but don't care
>flip flopping between shallow emotions on a dime
>nothing matters and you feel no shame, fear, regrets, or remorse
Self destruction here I come. I just woke up from a two hour nap and downing even more Jim Beam. Feals great.
>>
>>27102028
>You could of increased your height through diet and exercise, which I assume were in your control.
That's bullshit. Unless you were starving your diet wouldn't change your height. And I wasn't. As for excercise it was the guys who would lift from very young age who somehow ended up being short.

>I was implying that you should dress better.
Dressing better when your facial structure is shit? That's useless. Like trying to make a pig look like a princess. Sure, you can dress it in a dress, give it a tiara, a wig but at the end of the day it's still going to shit on the floor.
>>
>>27100091

NICE AD HOM BRAH
>>
>>27102057
>That's bullshit. Unless you were starving your diet wouldn't change your height. And I wasn't. As for excercise it was the guys who would lift from very young age who somehow ended up being short.
I'm not expert on the subject, all I know is that there is enough research done in the field that someone looking for advice on how to achieve a goal (in this case being taller) can have plenty of confidence in what they find. And you'd be surprised at how diet can affect your height, just because you weren't starving doesn't mean you were eating right. Of course I'm talking about during developmental stages, which I assume you are past.
>Dressing better when your facial structure is shit? That's useless. Like trying to make a pig look like a princess. Sure, you can dress it in a dress, give it a tiara, a wig but at the end of the day it's still going to shit on the floor.
Then toilet train it as well.
>>
the problem is how difficult it is to acquire a house.
honestly makes you think about living in a trailer park.
life would be ridiculously easier if we weren't all paying for half our lives or more for a building that we live in.
>>
>>27102113
>Of course I'm talking about during developmental stages, which I assume you are past.
Yeah because I sure could have chosen what I was eating when I was 6. You're so fucking retard. Typical normies trying to divert the blame from themselves.

Also [citation needed] for all your claims. And don't tell me to just google or search on my own. If you claim something, you back it up. If you don't, then your claims are false.

>Then toilet train it as well.
Missing the point this hard. Which is that the pig is never gonna be the princess. Because it's a fucking pig.
>>
>>27098234
You'd have other problems if it wasn't for industrial civilisation though, like being persecuted on religious grounds, or famine, or dying because you got cut on some metal, or dying from wild animals.

Industrial civilisation could have certainly been done better and we have been incomprehensibly wasteful with oil (the source of ALL societal advancements past 1900), but if it went away you would still have a lot of problems, arguably worse ones.
>>
>>27098297
you are a fucking idiot

He actually talks about liberals in his manifesto, and it makes a great deal of sense, basically liberals are weak, incompetent people who push for a social support/welfare system because it will help them. They only 'care' about others because they are projecting their own inferiority complex on others.
>>
>>27102144
>Yeah because I sure could have chosen what I was eating when I was 6. You're so fucking retard. Typical normies trying to divert the blame from themselves.
ABSOLUTE FUCKING KEK. ANYONE IN THE WORLD WOULD DEFLECT BLAME FOR HOW A STRANGERS LIFE TURNED OUT, NORMIE OR NO.
>eah because I sure could have chosen what I was eating when I was 6.
Maybe not. What about when you were 7? Maybe not? 8? Maybe not. 9? 10? 11? When do you think you should start taking responsibility for something as simple as feeding yourself?
>Also [citation needed] for all your claims. And don't tell me to just google or search on my own. If you claim something, you back it up. If you don't, then your claims are false.
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/2/521s.short
First google hit. Give me time and I'll find you more.
>Missing the point this hard. Which is that the pig is never gonna be the princess. Because it's a fucking pig.
Then what is your fucking point? And try not using shitty metaphors to try to convey it, convey it in terms of your life and the ways you can or can't control it. Because that's what I'm trying to change your view on, not if a pig can be a princess or not.
>>
Has anyone seen World's End?

Really stuck with me. The main character is a massive nostalgiafag who wants to relive his high school years and never properly grows up like the rest of his friends because of it. But times change and the world goes to shit but now he is happy and sober going on adventures in the post apocalypse.
>>
>>27102249
I think his desire to be himself, or his ideal version of himself was very selfish. And in the end it completely sent to world to shit. This just makes me think he's a giant asshole and I can't see anything redeeming or commendable in his actions.
>>
>>27098234
I communicated with Ted for awhile. He's different. You should watch this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLqrVCi3l6E
>>
>>27102224
>ABSOLUTE FUCKING KEK. ANYONE IN THE WORLD WOULD DEFLECT BLAME FOR HOW A STRANGERS LIFE TURNED OUT, NORMIE OR NO.
Well it wasn't my fault. Not to mention there is no proof to your claims. Or even that I did have a bad diet.

>Maybe not. What about when you were 7? Maybe not? 8? Maybe not. 9? 10? 11? When do you think you should start taking responsibility for something as simple as feeding yourself?
Probably when you have money to buy your own food. Until then it's up to your parents.

You even read the document you posted?
>A few compelling data implicate training or competition as causal in the shorter stature and decreased body mass of some pubertal athletes in specific sports.
You posted a paper that doesn't help your point.

Also my point is that no matter how hard I work, the things that I can't change will always limit me. And people who got luckier in things they can't change will have better results and humiliate me.
>>
>>27100062
There's a difference between participating and doing something alone and you seem too stupid to grasp the difference.
>>
>>27102378
Do you think people in primitive societies lived in large groups? Just grab 20 primitivist comrades and go live in Alaska or the outback. What's stopping you?
>>
>>27102334
>Well it wasn't my fault.
Says you. And it being others fault doesn't mean it wasn't your fault. More than one person can be at fault for something. Stop trying to shift responsibility away from yourself, please. I want you to be better than you are right now, and I also believe you can't improve a fault if you don't accept responsibility for changing it.
>Not to mention there is no proof to your claims. Or even that I did have a bad diet.
It's not about proof, or being right, or truth. I just want for you to get better.
>A few compelling data implicate training or competition as causal in the shorter stature and decreased body mass of some pubertal athletes in specific sports.
>You posted a paper that doesn't help your point.
I didn't read it, no. And that doesn't not help my point, my point was the exercise and diet affect height, and that they are in your control. I never made assumptions about your height, bar that they weren't ideal to being tall as possible, which I only assume because you are unhappy with your height (I assume)
>
Also my point is that no matter how hard I work, the things that I can't change will always limit me.
Everyone has limits. The Chaddiest Chad in all of Chadsville has limits on how Chaddy he can be. All people are equals in the fact they have limits. The fact that those limits are not equal does not change that fact.
And I will say here, I don't believe your limits are as low as you seem to think they are. And right now I want nothing more than for you to believe that for yourself.
>and people who got luckier in things they can't change will have better results and humiliate me.
No, the people who got luckier and put in at least the same amount of effort will have better results. No one can tell how much potential another has squandered. So don't make that a reason to squander yours.
>and humiliate me.
This is absolutely, equivalently, positively within your control. No one can make you feel shame except yourself.
>>
>>27102448
>And it being others fault doesn't mean it wasn't your fault.
That's actually EXACTLY what it means though.

>It's not about proof, or being right, or truth. I just want for you to get better.
But what I believe, my mindset is based on the truth. I can't believe something if I don't think it's the truth. Even if it makes me happier, better person or whatever else. I can't delude myself. That I can't do.

>I didn't read it, no.
So you send me "proof" that you didn't even read? Are you for fucking real?

>Everyone has limits. The Chaddiest Chad in all of Chadsville has limits on how Chaddy he can be.
There is limits that prevent you from being the top 1% and then there is limits that prevent you from being at least slightly above average. That's why limits of Chad Thundercock(is it just me or is his full name used less and less on /r9k/?) don't matter.

>No, the people who got luckier and put in at least the same amount of effort will have better results. No one can tell how much potential another has squandered. So don't make that a reason to squander yours.
I don't really understand your point about squandering. I'm not very bright, or a native speaker for that matter. Could you maybe say it in a different way?

>This is absolutely, equivalently, positively within your control. No one can make you feel shame except yourself.
But if I see someone get things that I want very easily due to getting lucky when being born(if you want examples then it would be my tall "friend") how can you not be ashamed? Knowing you approached dozens and had no results while he didn't have to try and got succesful. How can you not hate yourself and him also? It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>27102448
>And I will say here, I don't believe your limits are as low as you seem to think they are. And right now I want nothing more than for you to believe that for yourself.
Only a loser would write this kind of stuff to an anonymous stranger on the internet. Why don't you remove the plank from your own eye first, famalam?
>>
>>27102521
>That's actually EXACTLY what it means though.
I refute that. Your logic might agree with that, but I refuse to accept that. And not even just on a personal level, on a logical level.
>But what I believe, my mindset is based on the truth. I can't believe something if I don't think it's the truth. Even if it makes me happier, better person or whatever else. I can't delude myself. That I can't do.
And your truth is based off perception, which can never be true. You can choose to accept your perceptions of how the world is, or you can choose not to accept them. How you choose will affect the "truth".
> I can't delude myself. That I can't do.
I used to think I couldn't. That by doing that I would somehow lose part of myself that was essential to being myself, so any delusion I had wouldn't affect me, it would affect the person who accepted it. Then I decided it didn't matter.
>>I didn't read it, no.
?So you send me "proof" that you didn't even read? Are you for fucking real?
I read the title, and assumed it would express evidence for the point I was making. And it did. You wrongly assumed what point I was making. Lastly I will dismiss this as this is an ad hominen.
>>Everyone has limits. The Chaddiest Chad in all of Chadsville has limits on how Chaddy he can be.
There is limits that prevent you from being the top 1% and then there is limits that prevent you from being at least slightly above average. That's why limits of Chad Thundercock(is it just me or is his full name used less and less on /r9k/?) don't matter.
Don't matter to who? If Mr. Thundercock is only happy if he is the absolute Chaddiest in the world, and his limits prevent that, I'm sure it would matter to him greatly. And my advice to him will be the same I give to you.
Be the best you can be, and most importantly be happy with the best you can be. Even if everyone else calls it inadequate, don't you think that. I think that will make you happy. I wish it would make you happy.
>>
>>27102521
>>No, the people who got luckier and put in at least the same amount of effort will have better results. No one can tell how much potential another has squandered. So don't make that a reason to squander yours.
I don't really understand your point about squandering. I'm not very bright, or a native speaker for that matter. Could you maybe say it in a different way?
Say you had a man who had eternal happiness placed at his feet. All he needs to do is pick it up. If he does not pick it up, he will not be happy. To pick it up is fully within his capabilities. Picking it up is infinitely more preferable to him than not picking it up. If he does not pick it up for lack of effort, he has squandered his good luck. His good luck has done nothing for him. He will be as unhappy as you.
>>This is absolutely, equivalently, positively within your control. No one can make you feel shame except yourself.
But if I see someone get things that I want very easily due to getting lucky when being born(if you want examples then it would be my tall "friend") how can you not be ashamed? Knowing you approached dozens and had no results while he didn't have to try and got succesful. How can you not hate yourself and him also? It doesn't make sense.
Because I choose not to be. And when it is too hard, when I cannot help but hate, I still know I should not. Or at least, I still believe I should not. Accepting unfairness is very hard to do, and there are merits in raging against it. I choose the option that brings me the most peace of mind.
>>27102563
Fark you cunt.
>>
>>27102654
>I refute that. Your logic might agree with that, but I refuse to accept that. And not even just on a personal level, on a logical level.
So how do you refute that? So far you've only stated it as a fact.

>And your truth is based off perception, which can never be true. You can choose to accept your perceptions of how the world is, or you can choose not to accept them. How you choose will affect the "truth".
There are things that aren't affected by perception. They're just plain true. Like statistics about how things out of your control make everything much harder. That's not a matter of perception.

>I used to think I couldn't. That by doing that I would somehow lose part of myself that was essential to being myself, so any delusion I had wouldn't affect me, it would affect the person who accepted it. Then I decided it didn't matter.
It doesn't matter? I would say it fucking does. If you can't even be honest with yourself, then what can you ever hope to accomplish in life.

>I read the title, and assumed it would express evidence for the point I was making. And it did. You wrongly assumed what point I was making. Lastly I will dismiss this as this is an ad hominen.
It's not an ad hominem. You sent me something you didn't even read. And when I called you out on it, you backpedalled and said you were trying to prove a different point. Fucking retard who also doesn't know what ad hom is.

>Be the best you can be, and most importantly be happy with the best you can be. Even if everyone else calls it inadequate, don't you think that. I think that will make you happy. I wish it would make you happy.
But it's not adequate and I know it. It's the truth. By ignoring this I am deluding myself. Which as I've said before is something I can't do.
>>
>>27102717
>Picking it up is infinitely more preferable to him than not picking it up. If he does not pick it up for lack of effort, he has squandered his good luck. His good luck has done nothing for him. He will be as unhappy as you.
His good luck makes it much more likely for him to pick it up. Also you keep throwing the word happiness around. But to ignore the truth for happiness. That's something very low. And that's what you're implying.

> Accepting unfairness is very hard to do, and there are merits in raging against it. I choose the option that brings me the most peace of mind.
Well I can't just accept it. Accepting unfairness makes me ironically even more miserable. Or actually it doesn't. Me being miserable proves I did not accept it. But how could I? How could I let people shit on me(unfairness). I don't understand how. How can I be okay with that, ever.
>>
File: HmzR17w.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HmzR17w.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>27098734
>Believing true Communism has a government.
>>
>>27099674
Oh, hi there Norman, didn't see you there for a second! Damn Daniel, xD.
>kill yourself you filthy normalfag
>>
>>27102754
>His good luck makes it much more likely for him to pick it up. Also you keep throwing the word happiness around. But to ignore the truth for happiness. That's something very low. And that's what you're implying.
I was just trying to help you understand squandered. I probably went off my point there, which was this. No one can tell if your results are from lack of luck, or lack of effort. You might think you can tell, but chances are you can't. All I know is that you have accepted what you have reasoned, and all I can say to that is to change your reasoning.
> But to ignore the truth for happiness. That's something very low. And that's what you're implying.
Is it? Perhaps so, but I'm past the point of caring about the truth in this situation. No one can tell the truth of this situation, of your life. The only reason you think it's true is because you accept what your eyes have seen, what your ears have heard. And we all know how trustworthy those are (or if you don't, read Descartes. I can't remember exactly what his teachings were called, but it might interest you. It's a whole new perspective on how truth, reality, and perception interact with each other.)
>>
>>27102953
Your post is becoming a little too metaphysical. Let's get back to earth now. All of the philosophy doesn't mean much when you get slapped in the face in real life for your inferiority(figuratively).
>>
File: 1456021142804.png (59 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
1456021142804.png
59 KB, 239x250
>>27098234
yes you can blame all your problems on industrial civilization
>>
>>27103005
>All of the philosophy doesn't mean much when you get slapped in the face in real life for your inferiority(figuratively)
Sounds like you aren't believing hard enough. I have found great solace in philosophy and religion. Perhaps you might also. There are people who can express it more eloquently than I can, try learning about philosophy and religion. I know how hard it is to research without guidance so I won't suggest that. You are in university right? If you can (you can), take a paper on one or both of those subjects.
>>
File: 1350481689996.jpg (30 KB, 601x695) Image search: [Google]
1350481689996.jpg
30 KB, 601x695
>>27102041
Are you me? This has been my entire night.
>>
>>27103059
You're such a tryhard.
>>
>>27098234
If it wasn't for the modern world I would have probably been killed years ago.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.