[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw cant get past the first skeltons why am I such a failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: dark souls.jpg (158 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
158 KB, 1191x670
>tfw cant get past the first skeltons
why am I such a failure at everything in life?
failure thread I guess
>>
Don't go to the graveyard, go to undead burg.

This game isn't like other modern video games, it assumes you have the intelligence to know when to leave an area and come back later instead of just directly telling you.
>>
>>27097937
Get good skrub
/thread
>>
>>27097937
how the fuk I get there?
>>
>>27098134
Up the stairs and into the aqueduct, you blithering dimwit. It's in the opposite direction of the skeletons.
>>
File: 1 billion.jpg (53 KB, 728x640) Image search: [Google]
1 billion.jpg
53 KB, 728x640
>>27097917
>he went to the graveyard first
>>
File: 84896654.jpg (10 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
84896654.jpg
10 KB, 240x250
>>27098210
>mfw i went to new londo first
>mfw after hours of getting killed by ghosts i realized it was just a dead end
>>
>>27098193
>>27098210
s-sorry guys, still Im stupid for spending 3 hous on it for 2 days
>>
>>27098210
>not going to the graveyard first for the noobhander
it's like you want to try or something
>>
>>27098309
The rest of the game isn't worth it anyways anon. Just cut your loses and play something else
>>
Only reason to go to crypt is to cheese past and get specific gear, you should just go to the Burg

which you should have figured out alreadygit gud
>>
>>27098339
Shut up nigger this game is great
>>
>>27098339
graveyard-firster detected
>>
>>27097917
ME FUCKING TOO

i got the prepare to die edition and i am literally regretting my purchase
>>
>>27098462
Clearly you were not "prepared to die". Don't be a bitch next time and try again you fucking pussy
>>
>>27098462
>literally regretting my purchase

Wow faggot I'm glad you weren't figuratively regretting it.

>REMINDER: IF SOMEONE POSTS "Literally" UNNECESSARILY IT IS 100% PROOF THEY ARE FROM REDDIT

Fucking leave normie, out Out OUt OUT OUTOUTOUTOUT
>>
File: Dark Souls Tips.jpg (328 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Tips.jpg
328 KB, 746x746
I thought Dark Souls was a great game, albeit incredibly frustrating in the beginning. OP, all you have to do is pass the two hour mark, then you'll understand why everyone praises the combat and level design.

Anyway, here's my advice.
1. Pick Pyromancer. If you didn't and you're very short into the game, it may be worth restarting as Pyro. You get very powerful ranged spells that help dramatically, especially for boss fights.
2. Go to that Thor looking dude and upgrade your weapon/armor/etc. A fully upgraded weapon makes things much easier.
>>
https://youtu.be/FxBb5lv5xkA
well this is complex, I knew like 1/10th of what tha guy explained, I guess this game doesnt teach you how to play it like every other
>>
File: Dark Souls 4k.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 4k.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>27098603

Glad to know there's someone else out there who despises when normies misuse the word "literally."

As an antidote, enjoy this nice looking 4k Dark Souls screenshot.
>>
>>27098231
doesnt the guy in the red robes give you something?
>>
File: Dark Souls 4K vs 1080p.gif (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 4K vs 1080p.gif
1 MB, 960x1080
>>27098761
I think so, and if not there's still some decent loot that some people sprint through the graveyard to get early game.
>>
File: Lords of the Fallen.jpg (982 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Lords of the Fallen.jpg
982 KB, 2048x1152
Anyone play Lords of The Fallen? I thought it was surprisingly good.
>>
>>27097917
Burg first. Also, P A R R Y.
>>
>>27097937
>Don't go to the graveyard, go to undead burg.
>This game isn't like other modern video games, it assumes you have the intelligence to know when to leave an area and come back later instead of just directly telling you.

this is probably a troll thread though
>>
File: seven days.jpg (27 KB, 640x382) Image search: [Google]
seven days.jpg
27 KB, 640x382
>>27097917
>tfw I spent 3 hours the first time I tried to get past the undead burg

everything after was easy mode but what a kick in the ass that was lads
>>
>>27099417
>chromatic puke
>>
>>27098761
new londo is a required area for beating the game, as it houses one of the bosses possessing a lord soul. It's a dead end, but the end is one of the main bosses
>>
Whenever I see DaS mentioned I get a strong urge to play it again, but I have other games I should be playing and in the end I don't play them so I don't play anything.
>>
calm down.
go to the elevator, drop down below it to the secret spot, loot the chests, get the morning star.
use the morning star all the way until you get to the bridge with the dragon on it.
on the bridge are corpses, one corpse contains the Claymore.
suicide run yourself until you get that Claymore and bam, you have the only weapon you'll need for your first play through.

as a beginner, just get the Claymore. you'll thank me later. it's gotta be the most versatile and accessible noob weapon.
>>
PRAISE THE SUN

What did he mean by this?
>>
skeletons are the way towards a mid game boss that you come back to fight, you're going in the opposite direction desu
>>
>tfw you can beat das in a few hours how
>its still fun
>>
Play Demon souls first. It's a better game.
>>
>>27101188
The sun is like a magnificent father. He wanted to bask in it's gross incandescence.

[Spoiler]Solaire confirmed for daddy issues [/spoiler]
>>
THE GROSS INCANDESCENCE OF OUR MAGNIFICENT FATHER SHALL NEVER WANE
>>
>tfw goldenjoystick giveaway was a scam
>>
I remember my first playthrough where my brain was certain I'd come from the stairs so I refused to go up them for nearly twenty minutes.
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
>you will never play Dark Souls for the first time ever again
>>
>>27098309
I made the same mistake. Took me a day before I gave in and looked up a guide to realize my mistake.
>>
>>27097917
>What's wrong? Get a bit of scare out there?
>No problem. Have a seat and get comfortable.
>We'll both be Hollow before you know it.
>Hah hah hah hah...
>Well, what are you going to do?
>I've already decided.
>I don't really care; I'm simply crestfallen...

The only character I could ever self insert to.
>>
>>27101690
dark souls 3 brother. its just around the corner

its all i got waiting for me these days
>>
>>27097917
I did the same thing. It got so bad I booted up cheat engine and uped my soul level to fight the skeletons kek.

Probably fucked the rest of my run being so overleveled for the game but I still had fun.
>>
File: 1414063470639.jpg (27 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1414063470639.jpg
27 KB, 400x386
yeah, game's too fucking hard mang.

no map either, so a doublefuck

into the trash it went after about an hour
>>
>>27102115
You're the embodiment of a scrub.
>>
>>27102136
Well done on being better at video games than me anon! What a fucking grand life you must live!
>>
>tfw i fell for the "it's too hard" bait
>>
>>27102088
the only edge. you're so edgy!

daily reminder that there are retards out there that "self insert" into fictional characters and still request a gf
>>
>>27102177
Edge? He's a failure and just accepted it. Where's the edge?
>Muh gf
Kek. Get out normie.
>>
>>27098641
Pyromancy? Nigger, Str build is best build. Start with deprived and get the Zweihander and grass crest shield and light armor. Fast and deadly and you stagger or knock down fucking everyone.
>>
>>27102155
It's not about being better than anyone, to get the real experience you have to play the game as it is intended to be played. Allright, now I'll bring my autism away.
>>
>>27102223
Literally what, Deprived is worthless as a starting class it only fucks up your stats.
>>
>>27102177
daily reminder that this is the edge. your gf was my gf. right, cuck?
>>
>>2710223
Your SL starts at 6 and stats are 6 accrossed the board. No levels in shit you don't use or need. And when you get to the starting level of every other class you have shit where you want it. I'm SL 138 and I can one hit every enemy minus bosses.
>>
>>27102282
2cool4school
>>
>>27102238
>>27102282
Nigger I meant you, what the fuck did i quote?
>>
You can beat the game on level 1. Literally get good.
>>
>>27098339
I liked DeS better but DaS is totally worth it. Ignore this guy.
>>
>>27102282
Deprived has the worst stats spread, if you want to have a decent build and not just overlevel everything you can alwasy min-max with other classes. It's a waste of levels.
>>
i feel like this is the type of game for people who always choose the hardest difficulty in games with a selection. i always pick normal, so this game feels pretty hard to me
>>
>>27102379
It's all about learning the enemies patterns, each new area brings a new challenge, but it's all just patterns.
>>
>>27102349
Meh, maybe so, but I didn't have any problems beating it with deprived.
>>
>>27097917
>everyone hyping this game up to be hard as fuck get out normies reee this isn't fifa
>go to skeletons
>get ass handed to me
>figure this is what they meant by hard
>spend 2 hours here
>decide to google how to get past because it's just not fun anymore

lol
>>
>>27102451
I'm not saying you can't beat the game with it or anything like that but if you want to PvP or have a decent build you want to avoid it. Nothing wrong with playing just for fun.
>>
>>27102379
the game is easier if you have a lot of experience with MMO raiding.
the boss fights and their abilities aren't procedural, they don't cycle through a list of attacks randomly.
they attack you based on where you are in prox to them and if you're idle or moving or attacking.

once you realize this you can kind of manipulate the bosses into doing what you want.
the legit hard bosses are Manus and i hear Kalameet, but i was too lazy to go back and get the key for Kal, so skipped it.
>>
>>27102429
>tfw over 2000 poured collectively into the monster hunter series
Man I kinda wish I hadn't since this entire series is actually really simple after 1-2 deaths to most of the bosses and a death here and there to lesser mobs
>>
>>27102499
Kalameet is a grindfest, you get two safe hits at most after you dodge through all his long ass attack animations.
>>
>>27102525
Monster Hunter is fun though, I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a game than MH with an old friend.
>>
>>27102493
Dark wood grain ring and Havel's ring allows you to dodge like a motherfucker, with heavy weapons. Plus I want pvp to be as hard as the regular game.
>>
>>27102554
If you want to make PvP difficult just use low tier weapons, there is really no point in wasting soul levels. And as much as I love strenght weapons if you're not playing against some scrublord prepare to get poked to death.
>>
>>27102541
I started playing with freedom unite
I got to G2 by myself because I never had any fuckin friends [/spoiler
>>
>>27102525
I really wanted to like MH but by the time I was at guild HR I was completely burnt out. Maybe it's because I played it alone.
>>
>>27102499
>the game is easier if you have a lot of experience with MMO raiding

well im fucked because i have zero experience with that

in fact, most of my experience with games has been casual 360 games like your gears, fallout, bioshock, etc. im 18, i grew up playing medal of honor on the ps2 kek
>>
>>27102540
hate grindfests, glad i skipped it.
township pissed me off too much, no way i was going back.
>>
Dex Int build suicide run for Great Scythe get Crystal Magic Weapon and absolutely melt the game.
>>
>>27097917
Just block the first two attacks.
Then strike back.

If you don't do enough damage then leave because it'll take way too long to get through the rest of the level.
>>
>>27098231
New Londo is just a treasure mine.
You go in and grab shit and get out.
Also you need to drink a special potion or use the ghost dagger to kill them
>mfw ghost dagger has extremely short range to basically troll you into using it.
>>
>>27102590
Oh I have a rapier as a backup for just such occasions. Parry and riposte, then switch and mash potatos.
>>
>>27102590
Also in ds2 I made a strongman character, mustache and everything who uses a fucking tree.
>>
pure STR is definitely easier with bosses. meet the STR requirements for the cheese shields, use a weapon that does retarded damage and just estus whack the bosses to death.

but for a smooth run, i prefer dex. your ranged shit scales with dex, so you can actually drop a boss with ranged if need be, shit shoots faster.
dex is also safer because it's optimal for poking, especially if you use spears.
>>
>>27102744
Any dex weapon plus any buff it's easy mode. Sorceries are "the game becomes a joke" mode.
>>
>>27098339
Don't listen to this moron. Dark Souls is one of the best games of all time OP. Don't lose hope now.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.