[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we all just banned together, purchase a large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (112 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 297x282
Why can't we all just banned together, purchase a large plot of land with our combined neetbucks then we all build our own small one bedroom houses and live in a neet utopia btfo'ing roasties at all times living out our gf less lives in peace and quite but also surrounded by similar lads.

>Only thing is we all have to chip in for the Internet.
>>
>>27097913
If only bro

If only
>>
What if the undesirables show up? I don't want to live with a bunch of creeps.
>>
>>27097913
Because nobody here has any money with which to lead a project like this. Additionally I can't imagine a group of people less capable of such a project. Seriously, you're suggesting that a bunch of government leeches somehow become self-sufficient.

But, if you are interested, there's a very relevant thread on /out/ for somebody who might want to go solo:

>>>/out/699987
>>
>>27097913
I'd love to but if neet's were good at this kind of stuff they wouldn't be neets for the most part
>>
>>27097940
You arnt required to interact with them. You also have to remember everyone in the community would be in their own houses 95% of the time only leaving to visit the various food vendors.
>>
>>27097969
All it would take is proper leadership and obviously also participants with the resources to do so but I mean it's not like this would be some global neet commune i imagine it as a small village that had gradual growth
>>
File: alien face.png (97 KB, 693x720) Image search: [Google]
alien face.png
97 KB, 693x720
>newfags ITT haven't heard of Robot Ranch
>>
>>27098015
>proper leadership
>participants with resources

Two things that you don't have. Not to mention the more important element of people willing to move to the middle of nowhere to follow somebody they don't know/just met. You're basically just begging somebody with dedication to help you live out your gay little fantasy. Do it yourself if you want it so badly.
>>
>>27097913
>banned
I laughed a lot at this
>>
>>27098087
Can't we just dream, anon?
>>
File: 1457473995442.jpg (100 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457473995442.jpg
100 KB, 640x640
>>27098153
It's just that I see this thread on /pol/, /r9k/ and /out/ all the time, and it's always the same outcome. It sounds like a good time though, and I'd like to try it, but it isn't going to happen as long as it's being promoted by those who want it rather than those who can provide it.
>>
>>27098185
Yea you would have to be someon that really knew what they were doing and good at research and planing extensively. I mean think about it, I'm day dreaming about constructing a literal village from nothing. It wouldn't happen overnight
>>
>>27097913
>implying robots can tolerate living with other strangers
>implying robots would even like one-another
>implying the parents-living majority here would be able to survive without their caregiver
>implying anyone here would have enough motivation to learn how to make livable buildings
>implying bullies and chads wouldn't immediately learn about this impossible utopia and fuck it up anyways
>implying any municipality would tolerate this sort of settlement
>>
>>27097940
>What if the undesirables show up?
you mean straight people? they wouldn't be caught dead in your faggot house
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 478x360
>>27098284
Your not seeing it the way I am. The way I imagine it is kinda like pic related except that we are all neets so we don't leave our houses or interact with each other like normies do.
>>
>buy land in strategic location with mineral rights
>work out deal to have cell phone tower put on land for free $800/mo
>mine and sell gold for more money

my dream tbqh
>>
>>27098349
That gave me the idea that if we were strategic enough we could even find a plot of land that could harness wind energy and company's will pay you to have their equipment on your land and it doesn't even take up much space and we will never have to worry about birds shitting on us
>>
File: this thread again.jpg (134 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
this thread again.jpg
134 KB, 460x500
>>27097913
WOW, ANON! This has never been suggested before! Nothing remotely like it has ever been thought up in the history of /r9k/!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>27098389
Ok what ever call me a newfag all you want I genuinely have never in my life seen that posted I mean obviously it's not that original in a general sense but it's still nice to have pleasant dreams once in a while
>>
>>27098329
>you're not seeing it the way I am
No, I'm not; I'm seeing it the way it would be.

Ignoring the parents thing, and assuming this would be like a trailer part scenario (taking care of building buildings, and having a precedent of accepted poverty that cities grudgingly accept), it would still not look like your utopia. It would basically be a slum.

>We don't leave our houses
Enjoy not having food. With your neetbux, you certainly won't have enough to have groceries or takeout delivered as needed. Meanwhile, you also need things like toilet paper and toothpaste. You honestly don't understand the demands of living independently in the real world, which you are indirectly suggesting with your deal.
>>
>>27098513
What if I was secretly a very wealthy person who is willing to give it all up to live among his fellow neet brothers in harmony reeing in peace.
>>
File: 1457234138MUccx.jpg (140 KB, 550x636) Image search: [Google]
1457234138MUccx.jpg
140 KB, 550x636
Because I wouldn't trust me, or people who think and act like me.
>>
OP is Epicurus.

Do it somewhere with low cost of living but acceptable weather, safety, and easily supplied.
Everyone self-publishes romance/fetish/erotica stories on Amazon to cover basic needs and afford some luxuries.

The hard part is finding the right people and location.
>>
>>27098598
In he grand scheme of things what's the worst thing that could happen? You die? So what? Not like you are going to spread your inferior genetics so who cares
>>
File: image.png (247 KB, 646x234) Image search: [Google]
image.png
247 KB, 646x234
>>27098628
For some reason somewhere in an area like pic related is the first thing that comes to mind idk why
>>
>>27098635
If I felt like dying I would of been dead by now. Fuck off murdering robot. We all know this robot utopia is just bait for psychopaths to kill humans who wont be missed.
>>
>>27098670
No it's like a really premature retirement home(s) where neets can just go away to and not be apart of society and die in peace as I and I think many other neets think would be glorious
>>
>>27098665
I also imagined that :)
Warm, beautiful scenery, nice hiking.
>>
>>27098575
That's a whole different story, then.

>Community
This, as you said, would need to be freestanding buildings. Outdoor coolers for grocery deliveries, lots of trees to save money on AC in the long run. Easy access for deliveries. Certainly a gated community, mainly to keep normies out.

>Logistics
Easiest thing to do would be to make a deal with the local grocery store to buy all of their "just expired but still perfectly edible" food, similar to deals stores make with zoos. Ideally, you need this community to be close to a community health clinic that can give health care and basic drugs for very cheap (e.g. Salud clinics in my state). Neets need their autismdrugs.

>Details
Dedicated paid or volunteer admin staff would be needed to do things like accounting and distributing food among residents. A residency fee would need to be taken from the autist neetbux for maintenance and to pay for the food. Also, because neets need their computers, make sure your power grid has good backups, or they WILL swarm your admin offices in rage at some point.

Anyways, it could be done given resources, and neets would likely find it acceptable. That said, it would require intense dedication on your part to either set it up or find someone trustworthy enough to entrust your monies to. Oh, and actually having the monies.
>>
File: download (16).jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>27098665
>not picturing mojave desert, CA

It's beautiful isolated and peaceful, yet close enough to the normie capital of the world (L.A.? where we could band together and go on IRL raids to fuck normie shit up every once in a while

Charlie Manson had the right idea
>>
>>27098735
What would a project like this in the real world take to plan out? I imagine it would take years of planning to even get started working
>>
>>27098806
My pic was Arizona so maybe a few more Mexicans but with trump they will be gone so it will be ok
>>
Living in Arizona or SoCal is going to cost a fortune on air conditioning, or you'll be miserable as fuck at all times. Not to mention land in SoCal is going to be very costly, or free of infrastructure. There's also a lack of trees and natural resources, which is pretty shit unless you plan to have a solar farm which would require an absurd investment.

You'd be better off picking somewhere that has cheap land. You can get 100+ wooded acres in Maine (on an island even) for less than 100k.
>>
>>27098823
It just takes one wealthy person who already owns the land and has a house there with plumbing/electricity. But at that point, why would they bother?
>>
>>27098837
Ah, okay. I was thinking it was Utah. It's all the same general thing though
>>
>>27098856
But hen you have the same problem you have to heat all of the homes with either heaters or I would imagine more likely they would have wood stoves considering the houses I imagine arnt very large but even then it would require a lot of labor to both get the wood delivered and get it distributed among be community
>>
>>27098823
It would, but it's not impossible. You're essentially creating a modified version of an assisted living facility, but for neets rather than old people or cripples, and thus tailored to slightly different needs. It's not unprecedented, and there are plenty of people who have a buttload of applicable experience. Again, your main job would be figuring out a basic idea of what you want, and then finding trustworthy people to entrust your resources to. My guess it would take about 100k per small building (if you include things like creating a new infrastructure for the settlement like plumbing and data connections, land, paying all the weird city fees and stuff, etc), and would require you to take the majority of neetbux from neets to allow for continued function (combination of providing neets with services they need like internet, trash collection etc., as well as general maintenance and minor profit to slowly expand the settlement). With a 10 million investment, you could definitely get a sizable population set up.
>>
File: image.png (131 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131 KB, 600x500
>>27098873
Can we all start submitting letters to our future leader to invest in us and understand our situation and as a return we all vow to vote for him
>>
>>27097913
what about whores? did you think about whores? i'd rather not go there if it means i must leave my whoring
>>
File: fros 2.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
fros 2.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>27098933
>mfw trump secures the autist vote by funding reservations for people with autism
>>
>>27098911
Hmm. This may sound completely retarded but I wonder if you could somehow make an arrangement with the local governments where ever this would be to somehow get tax cuts or something for bringing in all the opportunities for work to be done through the the community because obviously the neets arnt going to take the trash to the dump or fix their house if say something were to break or basically anything that doesn't involve eating, being on the computer, or jacking off.
>>
Didn't someone on /b/ try this before? It didn't work then, it'll never work for fucking robots.
>>
>>27098958
Cmon guys lets do it!
>>
>>27098980
Depends on the city. If you work with the state (that provides the said neetbux), you may be able to get a couple perks such that the state spends overall less, but neets end up with a better standard of living because they have a dedicated overseer/organizer.
>>
>>27099010
Could forming a 'church' in the community somehow get any advantages you think?
>>
And then the FBI will deem us a cult because we are too self sufficient

WACO 2.0 Let's rock.
>>
File: image.png (529 KB, 1015x1527) Image search: [Google]
image.png
529 KB, 1015x1527
>>27099124
Fuck it if shit gets too real... We all know where we stand when it comes to normies...
>>
>>27098467
Newfag
Original comment
>>
Is there going to be lolis there?
>>
>>27097913
>banned
You have to be 18 or older kiddo.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.