[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diagnosed with depression. Go figure. Where do I go from here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: DEPRESSION.jpg (125 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DEPRESSION.jpg
125 KB, 2000x1000
Diagnosed with depression. Go figure.

Where do I go from here?
>>
I doubt you're going anywhere soon pal.
>>
Down
Into a hole
A deep, deep hole
>>
>>27090518
>>27090541
Does it ever get better? Probably not.
>>
File: 1422215813008.jpg (40 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1422215813008.jpg
40 KB, 550x512
>>27090603
Hahaha. Of course it doesn't. It only gets worse.
>>
>>27090501
i'm sure you've labeled yourself as depressed a long time ago, what does this change? Just use it like a crutch like you always did and always will
>>
>>27090603
In a sense.
In essence, you come to understand the hole you're in.
You hated it for so long that it's become literally all you know, all you are.
The bitterness subside, and eventually all emotion is comprised of nothing more than a series of short second tingles.
You'll be swallowed by a sea of numbness. And, you'll be okay with that.
Because that's all you have now. It's all you are.
>>
>>27090943
Nah, I never bothered with self-diagnosis. My parents basically forced me to go to a doctor.
>>
dont try ssri pills. worst shit i ever did. thrice. (once they were snri pills)
>>
>>27090501
you probably think this is a big deal cause you're a normie but nothing will change
>>
>>27090987
Nah, I couldn't care less, honestly.
>>
>>27090501

Now you find the underlying cause.

When you treat that, the depression will take care of itself.

Yours truly,
A (formerly) chronically depressed guy.

It took over 20 years for me. But it happened.
>>
>>27090966
senpai iv got some zoloft. pretty bored so might take it. if it feels shit il just stop whats the big deal?

i tried st johns wort, just felt less thoughtful and a bit emotionless in general
>>
>>27090501
im on pills and theyve helped me. the way i see it, theres two paths you can go down: (1) go on pills and admit your mind is broken, become a numb, emotionless person who drifts through life but doesnt feel "horrible". (2) try to get better on your own with no meds. you will keep your emotions and feelings intact, but it will be a constant struggle and fight not to want to kill yourself.
>>
>>27091013
You'll feel like a zombie. Not sad but not happy either.

Anyway I'm sorry to hear, it sucks balls, especially when you don't have any friends or a gf to help you.
>>
>>27090501
>Where do I go from here?
come to the realization that depression is a meme illness created by the medicinal jew to try and sell you pills that will eventually drive you to suicide.
>>
try to be more positive and you will be alright, I belive in you robot! cheers
>>
>>27091040
cheers anon but i don't care, its shit and im used to it.

yeh i felt like that just not so pronounced on st.johns wort, couldn't figure out if i liked it or not..
>>
>>27090501
Psychiatry is bullshit, the label won't change anything at all. Don't listen to what the psychiatrist and definitely don't take meds, they increase your chance of suicide
>>
>>27091195
What if I already wanna kill myself but don't have the balls for it?
>>
File: 1457555072765.jpg (61 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1457555072765.jpg
61 KB, 604x604
>>27090501
>Diagnosed with depression

All psychological disorders are an opinion. The chemical imbalance shit is just a meme.

Change your diet, start lifting weights and start taking 10000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day. There's nothing wrong with you.
>>
>>27091343
I have a healthy diet and I go to the gym every day. That's a meme, anon.
>>
Now try having depression, general anxiety to the p point where you make your fingers bleed daily from biting the shit out of them , and having horrible constant Loud tinnitus making it feel like life is the background noise

Getting fucked over by ur landlord by making you have to pay for the upstairs tenants and generally wishing you weren't born

Tfw no gf right?
>>
>>27091434
No one has it worse than you bro
Woe is you
>>
File: wojak_and_the_fury_of_the_sun.jpg (358 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
wojak_and_the_fury_of_the_sun.jpg
358 KB, 900x900
>>27091434
A BLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO ;_;
>>
>>27091343
Those things are only good for staving off depression. If you've already got it, that shit won't help.
>>
>>27090966

I second this. I came up in the worst rash you can imagine, sore joints, paic attacks every morning. Just don't even bother.
>>
>>27090501
Have you ever tried anal sex with a other man? Thats a good start, you can suck each other off and cry after
>>
I went to a psychologist (or psychiatrist?) and she said I have depression and suggested going on pills.

I don't want to take meds because it will just make me even number, and I already feel numb as shit. I can't enjoy anything, sometimes I'm not even sure if I have any interests or anything that brings any sort of positive emotion to me, I even broke up with my girlfriend because I knew I loved her, but the novelty of having a gf wore off after a few months and most the time I just felt "meh" around her and sometimes she just caused me more stress than good. I realised I just wanted to have sex with her all the time because that was one of the few moments I felt anything, and even then it was hard as fuck for me to cum most of the time.

I don't even know what I'm saying or what is really wrong with me. Who the fuck knows, man.
>>
>>27091480
Well go on then, what's wrong?
>>
He wakes up sad again.
He wonders when the rain will end.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.