[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK do I get people to talk to me at university?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 1434837802296.jpg (85 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1434837802296.jpg
85 KB, 601x601
How the FUCK do I get people to talk to me at university?
>>
File: 1457470151301.png (9 KB, 570x446) Image search: [Google]
1457470151301.png
9 KB, 570x446
>wanting people to talk to you
Found the failed normalfag
>>
>>27089178

you talk to them

and not awkwardly
>>
>>27089231
There's no way I'd make a risk out of the blue that could have bad consequences.
>>
>>27089210

it's easy to say you don't like social interaction until you go weeks/months with none
>>
>>27089231
Where? How? What do I talk about?
>>
>>27089178
Be good looking. If you're good looking people will talk to you.
>>
Why the FUCK do you want other filthy humans talking to you? College is a place to learn a subject & (probably not) get a job in that field. Forget about making friends, it's not important & you should've done that in high school you wannabe socialite bitchboy.
>>
>>27089210
I feel like I inhabit the exact center of this (very helpful) diagram. Everything in my life hangs by mere threads. Or is already in free fall.
>>
>>27089270
this. or go find the other losers on campus and have a circle jerk
>>
>>27089178
Just sit in the sample place everyday and you'll eventually start talking with the people who also sit there.
>>
>>27089288
Because these are the last years of me being young and I want to be able to talk to some cute girls before we turn into disgusting 30 year olds
>>
>>27089210
Cyborg master race.

Gas the normies and robots!
>>
>>27089255
Normie things... Music, tv, books. Benign shit that doesn't show your autism.
>>
>>27089378
>music, tv, books
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>27089342
Theres always someone more autistic than you on the campus, find that person
>>
>>27089178
>Wear deodorant
>Wash your ass
>Take showers
>Brush teeth and not have very bad breath
>Grooming and hygiene
>Pick classes that you find interesting
>Don't say ass-hole things

Do most of these things and you too will make a friend
>>
>walk up to someone
>say hey
>ask for some information
>doesn't matter if you need or know said info, just ask shit
>see how the person reacts
>if they're friendly, ask if they mind hanging out for a while
>if they're not, keep asking shit until they're friendly
>if they re still not friendly, GTFO
>once you're with them, ask them shit about them until they open up
In order for people to go up to you and start a conversation you need to be notorious and you're probably not.
But starting basic conversations like this is pretty easy.
>>
>>27089360
it's already to late for that
>>
jus bee urself bro ;)

originla post robot
>>
>>27089436
I do these things, but nothing happens. Class ends, I eat alone, I go home, repeat.
>>
>>27089178
Listen up, grab a gun walk into the mens restroom find a male peeing stick the gun in his stomache and suck his dick at gun point
>>
>>27089473
What is your major because normally group projects will force interaction
>>
>>27089210
These divisions are tearing us apart! If we are pricked do we not reeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: tumblr_nsbssdDPds1uyvel4o1_400.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsbssdDPds1uyvel4o1_400.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>27089378
I have to physically restrain myself when Im hearing people talk about the same three bands, same two shows and same author every time the conversation is brought up.

>what are you, a hipster anon?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27089693
That's how it is, anon. Having the slightest amount of knowledge about media outside of pop culture is being a hipster.
>>
>>27089255
Trains. Only talk about trains. If someone tries to steer the conversation away from trains, forcefully regain control of the situation and direct it to trains.

Trains are the only thing one needs to talk about.
>>
>>27089404
There's plenty of them, but how does that help me?
>>
File: haha.jpg (15 KB, 396x296) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
15 KB, 396x296
>>27089827
Do I do it by maintaining eye contact and never breaking?

Is that how I continue the discussion about trains?
>>
>>27089248
>There's no way I'd make a risk out of the blue that could have bad consequences.

Then you will die alone. Social interaction rewards those willing to take risks and persevere through adversity.
>>
>>27089863
Notice the word
>forcefully
You need to do it w/ words. Having a one-track mind & a tendency to talk at people about nothing but trains helps, but it's simple. Imagine:
>so have you seen the new Dimension W?
>No. Let me tell you about [obscure train model that went out of production before 1950]
Sorry, trains aren't my speciality. Cars (and some ships) are.
>>
Dunno. I've tried talking to five or six people, usually ones I end up sitting next to before lectures. I try to lead the conversation, which for me is hard, but it doesn't seem like they do anything. Fuck it. Same shit as first day of hs. Everyone started talking to eachother but no one approached me.
>>
>>27090076
Does it have to be trains, or are you suggesting to just pick something and only talk about that? Won't people just be bored of you?
>>
Don't you have labs or anything? That's how I made my friends. Only one person approached me on my first day but I'm grateful for that since we're good friends and he's introduced me to a lot of people
>>
>>27089288

Who you know is way more important than what you know. College is for networking. Knowing someone will you s job way more easily than simply having a degree.
>>
Just don't have a 'pissed off' resting face. That's my problem. No one talks to me because I look like the type of guy who would cut you into a million pieces if you made me angry.
>>
>>27090512
>Don't you have labs or anything?
Yeah but no one's interested in becoming more than just lab partners. No one's approached me.
>>
>>27089473

You're not a woman. You can't just sit around and wait for people to talk to you.
>>
>>27089255
I'm not about to explain how to have small talk on the internet. Look up a youtube video. if you really don't understand this thats just pathetic, you're pathetic.
>>
>>27089792

Being a hipster isn't why people dislike you. They don't like you because you guys probably think you're better than everyone else for knowing more about music/tv/whatever than others.
>>
Just bee too cool for school
>>
>>27090624
Small talk isn't hard. What I wonder is how you progress from it. Small talk is what you do with people you meet one time at a gathering, not friends and classmates you'll be with for three or more years.
>>
File: consider.jpg (16 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
16 KB, 300x226
>>27090629
This proves anon's point.

He didn't even say obscure. He said "slightly outside of pop culture."
>>
I'm 25 and out of school. I'm going to tell you youngins something, if you do not make a group of friends the first 2 weeks of school you are going to be an outcast for pretty much your entire time there. Every day that passes you're digger yourself deeper and deeper in a hole.
>>
>>27090932
>if you do not make a group of friends the first 2 weeks of school you are going to be an outcast for pretty much your entire time there.
Yes this is true. Happened in hs and has happened in uni again. But I'm no longer blaming myself.
>>
>>27090932
>autist fuck
>moves to another school
>itll be different this time
>spend the entire year without talking to anyone

happened 5 times in high school, i know it wont get any better when i get to uni next year
>>
>>27089178
I think some people just give "dont fucking talk to me clues" like us without realizing.
When i was a kid everyone around me would become friends and talk while i always sat all alone. No one would ever talk to me.
>>
>>27091028
>"dont fucking talk to me clues"
Yeah it's called being ugly.
>>
>>27089178
>first week at community college
>teachers already marked me as "that one autist that won't pass the first year"
No matter how hard i try, it's always the same thing.
>>
>>27091014

I went to 3 different high schools, college was no different. I just don't fit in with anyone anywhere, I feel like an alien. The irony is on the outside I look/dress/talk like the biggest "normie".
>>
>>27091054
Yes. The world is basically a gas chamber if you're ugly. You're the one cupcake that no one eats. You have to force yourself everywhere. No social group will just accept you. It is truly a curse.
>>
>>27091054
>>27091113
I ain't ugly by any stretch of the imagination but people still don't talk to me, if that's any consolation to you.

Although, lots of people tend to think I'm an asshole, which from their perspective I could see why.
>>
>>27091297
>lots of people tend to think I'm an asshole
Why then?
>>
>>27091403
Well, it's not exactly a mystery. I look very unfriendly if I don't consciously try to smile, and sometimes I ain't in the mood for jolly smiles. I also call retards out who don't know shit and don't do anything on their sheer incompetence, which doesn't but me any brownie points but I can't resist when someone boasts about partying until dawn and then complains that the lecturer is shit. I think those shitters complained to everyone about me.

People who know me think I'm very nice and helpful, which I am.

It also doesn't help that I'm Russian and studying within a country where every second person is visibly double-faced. I'm acclimated to being straightforward, as Russians tend to be.
>>
>>27089178
You must be ugly or weird or something. Meeting people in uni is the easiest thing to do
>>
>>27090239
Story of my fucking life
>tfw 0 (zero) charisma
>>
File: 1451843942020.jpg (208 KB, 538x585) Image search: [Google]
1451843942020.jpg
208 KB, 538x585
>think i want friends
>get to uni, commit to making friends
>go to a dozen parties
>being a normie is worse than the robot life

we are where we're meant to be i suppose. i just wish i could fix my brain from thinking i want to be around people. i sure never enjoy it when i am.
>>
File: 1455303234223.jpg (42 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
1455303234223.jpg
42 KB, 500x632
>>27090239
Yep. Sounds like me. I've tried talking to people but they just seem disinterested. At this point I've just given up.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.