[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people (mostly women) define themselves by their political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1455947197133.png (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1455947197133.png
2 MB, 800x600
Why do people (mostly women) define themselves by their political viewpoints?

I always see on social media Alright of course they're going to attentionwhore about it on social media, ignore that argument in bios people describe themselves "I love x and y, do z on the weekends and oh I'm a [political belief]"

Why do people let their political opinions define themselves? and then get angry when people disagree with them.
>>
>>27089162
Political ideology has replaced religious belief for a lot of people. Especially women. Hence the rise of feminism coupled with the decline of Christian values.
>>
>>27089162

Because people consider their political values intrinsic to their compatibility with others.
>>
people look at me like i'm insane when i tell them i have no interest in politics, do not vote, and do not follow political news. they are shocked and sometimes get mad when i say i don't care who runs the country, that it will always be shit and nothing will ever really change, so it doesn't matter who's in charge. i'm going to do whatever i want to do regardless of the legality or any hardships it causes me.

sometimes people accuse me of being narrow minded and taking advantage of white privilege, not caring about other people, etc.

i guess they're right... is my lack of politics really just a pussy way of being right wing? i think all people should have the freedom to do as they please, etc. but i do not think my actions or anyones could bring this about. also it doesnt matter that much to me since i will die one day anyway.

i imagine the reactions i get from people are like what atheists used to get before it became acceptable
>>
>>27089162
because they're americans
>>
File: 1457286349875.jpg (260 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1457286349875.jpg
260 KB, 1440x900
>>27089375
blox bloox bloxo
>>
>>27089489
how am i edgy? i just don't care
>>
>>27089530
ayyyy llmao
>>
File: 1457065525845.jpg (236 KB, 540x760) Image search: [Google]
1457065525845.jpg
236 KB, 540x760
>>27089162
who knows? There are lots of contributing factors.
Decline of family ties, and local custom, leading to a bland one-size-fit all culture that naturally leads to a fascination with extremist mass movements, technological oversaturation and isolation from nature leading to autism and impaired ability to interact socially, or the other extreme, neurotic obsession with reputation and group approval.
Try to rise above it. Seek out opinionated people and challenge them for fun. Don't take anything too seriously.
>>
>>27089162
I only see people define themselves with their sexuality and gender identity. I feel like being liberal is already assumed if you are teenager/young adult.
>>
>>27089375
This

I just don't care, people get mad at you for this but what am I supposed to do? pretend I do care?
>>
I wouldn't know op, all the males I know only talk about political-ish stuff when sitting around and chilling, like in in vidya group chat or something. Most fnthe time it's just chill bantz The only political opinionated female I know talks about it pretty openly. If you ask she will splurge, Easy. I guess this is a bump or something
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.