[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wikipedia triggering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1122px-Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg[1].png (431 KB, 1122x1024) Image search: [Google]
1122px-Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg[1].png
431 KB, 1122x1024
Why are schools so triggered by Wikipedia?
>searching for information on my topic
>only source that is straightforward with ample information is Wikipedia
>professor gets triggered
>tell her the article literally has ~150 citations
>tell her the citations are from trustworthy news sources such as BBC, CNN, federal agencies, etc.
>"Hah but anywun cann edurt it lel xd"

This fucking pisses me off so much.
>>
>schools
You mean American* schools. Your education system is piss poor laughable along with every one of your teachers.
>>
>>27089065
School at all levels is active babysitting
>>
Just cite the sources at the bottom you fucking freshman
>>
for a lot of articles though someone could go through and delete all that and make it impossible for people to see what you referenced
>>
Why don't you just cite the sources instead of Wikipedia? That's what I always did. It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>27089065
They don't trust students to be smart enough to reference those citations, so it's easier to tell them don't use it at all and show them how to gather info independently rather than explain how to find Wikipedia-listed sources.

If you know you're competent enough to cite the sources at the bottom then do it, but don't say you got it from Wikipedia, say you got it from the source provided. The average professor will assume you copied and paraphrased straight from Wiki and the average layman won't understand that there are sources at the bottom

>tl;dr don't tell people you got your info from Wikipedia. Just list the source at the bottom like everybody else does.
>>
File: nkwp8KN.png (504 KB, 1132x2220) Image search: [Google]
nkwp8KN.png
504 KB, 1132x2220
>>27089086
>Doj
>talking about learning
learn to shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>27089065
>BBC
yeah because that isn't biased as fuck
>>
>>27089207
>maybe if I'll post it again, my life will suddenly get better lol xD
Nice imgur filename, by the way. Screencap this post so I can upvote you on /r/4chan, fellow Redditor.
>>
>>27089105
This. I have done it on several papers, it is really easy.
>>
>>27089251
sure thing senpai DOJ!
>>
>>27089251
*shoves* stop embarrassing yourself
>>
File: Ship.jpg (11 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
Ship.jpg
11 KB, 300x180
>>27089251
Butthurt? Come over here for a hug*.

*lethal dose of morphine
>>
>>27089251
*starts floating from the ground in an aura of darkness, with dark star energy forming glowing orbs in hand* Psh... Pick your next words wisely, kid...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.