[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I run away from home? I have like 1500 Dollars cash avaliable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x377
How can I run away from home? I have like 1500 Dollars cash avaliable how long would I last? Any robots whos ran away from their homes and got stories and or tips?
I'm 18 with no friends, bad grades, and tired of sitting at my computer everyday.
>>
>>27087235

Do you have a car, if so -> EZ homeless life.

If not, prepare yourself. You are in for a rough ride.
>>
not long at all
you're better investing that 1500 dollars into your hobbies, fitness and development
>>
>>27087235
Build one of these.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HaTx3
>>
>>27087265
No car
>>27087266
I have like 10 000 in my bank account, my parents would be suspicious if I just randomly took it out cash though. And I cant just walk around with 11500 dollars cash in a bag, imagine if I get robbed
>>
Since you're 18 i don't think it would be running away would it?
You're of age.
Do you have a plan of what you want to acomplish when you leave?
Find a new life in some other town, live in the streets of your current town, or is this one last hurrah before suicide?
>>
>>27087302
Where do you live? You could probably stay in a cheap seedy hotel for a week or two, but sooner or later you will be homeless.
>>
I'm a bit of a financial survival expert and can tell you that a small amount of money like that will evaporate within the first few weeks.

If you really want to set yourself up on a budget, you should look into buying some cheap land and a tiny home. It won't be much, but it'll be your little oasis.
>>
>>27087310
Just to get away from everything, I just wanna drift from place to place
>>27087319
Sweden
>>
>>27087341
But how will I survive?
>>
>>27087355

See you could do that, but only if you have CONSISTENT income
>>
>>27087302
As opposed to if you got robbed and had 500 or 50? You'd go from zero to dead broke, emphasis on dead, in one interaction. Plus if you've got 10k that's yours who gives a fuck of they're suspicious? You're gone and assuming you're not a complete retard, they'll never find you. But since you thought having more money on your person would somehow be a problem if you were robbed you might be.

Go ask /k/ for their homelessness guide.
>>
>>27087302
Spend it on an old van. Seriously. You could probably even convince your parents it's just too have a way to get around until you leave.

You may not realize it yet, but just having a dry place to sleep with doors that lock can literally save your life. And vans can be comfy to live in if you do it right.

Also, get a gym membership so you can shower. Go to some place kinda shitty where people won't mind you living in your van, park in big shopping lots and move before morning. Most importantly, find a job, even a 20hr/week minimum wage job is enough if you do this right. No job=no rice and you'll starve.

Also police are much more sympathetic of they find you living in a van if you explain that you have a job, you just don't make enough to rent an apartment
>>
>>27087424
>>27087418
I might get a crappy tent and live in some big forrest untill I run out of money and then maybe off myself or something,

but has anyone here actually ran away? And can you tell me what it was like?
>>
>>27087381
It's called homesteading. The best guide I've found was a guy called Lamar on youtube. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/qghZ2ao7GKM

He's even got a couple of videos on how to chose land, etc.
>>
>>27087564
Tents aren't great, you need wind and rain shelter. You can live in a tent if you're in a warm climate, but unless you have a good sleeping bag you'll freeze if exposed indefinitely. Even an old suv can work if you don't want a van, a suburban on its last legs is a good home, just burns a lot of gas
>>
>>27087584
Hard part with that is legality in a lot of places. In the US you can't get away with a small house or farming your own land unless you are very very far away from cities and you have friends in local law enforcement
>>
monitoring thread because i have this same desire
been feeling like dropping out into the homeless life lately
>>
File: pepe18.jpg (30 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
pepe18.jpg
30 KB, 472x461
Running away is a bad idea, you're 18, why not just blow your money on a vacation?

Get a passport and book a flight to Tokyo or some other dream destination. Spend your money exploring and buying souvenirs. If you still feel miserable after taking your dream vacation, then reevaluate your life at that point. Until then, just consider getting out of your miserable box of life and travel to someplace amazing.

Go do lines of cocaine in Tijuana or bang hookers in Bangkok.
>>
>>27087235
Why run man the fuck up faggot, 18 join the military with no highschool dip army will take you, at least get paid to runaway, during the summer when i was 15 I ran away for a month lived at my gfs house in a dif state
>>
>>27087747

Yes, spend your only savings as an 18 year old on a vacation. That makes a lot of sense.
>>
OP you are 18 and asking people how to survive what the fuck man
>>
>>27087773
It makes about as much sense as blowing all your money trying to survive on the streets, and its a lot safer too. Money can always be made back, especially if you're living with your parents.
>>
You probably should try to join the army of your country, you will have much less time to think of your old self. + You may as well become an alpha robot.
>>
>>27087722
I think Lamar covers that part in his talk about purchasing land.
>>
>>27087564
GO GET /k/'S HOMELESS GUIDE.

Or
>buy old van
>aqquire mattress and warm blankets
>get and learn to make rice, get peanut butter and veggies rich in vitamins. This is your new diet.
>get a gym membership for shower
>get a part time job to pay for food, hygiene, and gas
>go as long as you can
>>
>>27087815
This, but once you get rank dont let it get to your head and be a super DBAG, payback will come to you if you do
>>
How the fuck does a NEET faggot have $10000 in the bank and I'm living paycheck to paycheck?
Thanks Obama.
>>
>>27087722
>a lot of places
You mean Commiefornia and the northern-eastern states. The South is where its at.
>>
Senpai, OP is really like 14 and a faggot, don't give him anymore ideas, I bet mommy took away his games and now OP is hating his life
>>
where could you get away with parking a van and living in it? aren't there legal issues with that?
>>
>>27087836
Hes a spoiled rotten rich little faggot
>>
>>27087798
This so fucking much. You're 18 in Sweden. You probably got some social security ponzi scheme for retirement. Money can be made back, and if you think you're so hopeless in your life, why not doing something so radical you will reevaluate your life?
>>
I'm British, I ran away from home at 19, told my parents I was going to the local city in my area. Boarded a train to go to London and had a pre-booked ticket to Virginia where a friend of mine lived. They never checked my stuff but got worried obviously when I didn't come home (takes a while to go to London and fly) Ended up there for 3 months and then I became an illegal immigrant (Past the visa time). The guy i lived with had a caravan and we travelled the road. Had to hide from the police etc, was fun.
>>
>>27087884
Hospitals will let you IF you have someone sick in the hospital other then that OP would have to change places
>>
>>27087235
Just convert to Islam and youndont even have to run away, free money get treated even better everyone else is converting better do it before its to late
>>
>>27087884

It's illegal in most US municipalities, but if you park in a large lot and are inconspicuous they won't notice for a night or two. It's not like they check every parked van nightly. Large truck stops with room are also viable.
>>
>>27087836
There are lots of ways, one is lottery desu m8.
>won 28k in lottery once, last march 2015
>I still have 16k and bought most things I wanted

Haven't won any other lottery until now
>>
File: 1447028469529.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1447028469529.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>27087905

Why would going on a vacation make him reevaluate his life? I've been on several vacations and I've never had any epiphanies.

The "best" advice would be just to invest your $10,000 in an index fund or something. What's this idea behind vacations? Yeah, bro. Just smoke some cocaine and fuck hookers, maybe you'll find your meaning in life. My only meaning would be "hey, maybe I should have worked and invested so I could buy more hookers and cocaine"
>>
>>27087836
>and he wants to run away

what's the prolem OP?
abusive parents?
shitty house?
bad neighborhood?
all reasons to run away, but you sound like you're sitting pretty in mommy's house not putting any of your 10,000 dollars toward anything.

Get a gym membership or something to start.

(Bad grades dont count as a reason to run away you fucking child)
>>
im starting to think asking r9k for advice was a bad idea
>>
Move to some eastern euro country like poland or slovakia with 10 000 dollars you can live for about a year good life there. Then after living there you will realise how fucking good living in Sweden is
>>
Hobo guides

http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/?m=1

http://pastebin.com/6MKsvvHG
>>
File: 1421680346553.jpg (39 KB, 508x960) Image search: [Google]
1421680346553.jpg
39 KB, 508x960
I'm 21 and I'm fucking sick of my life. Everything's falling apart. I gotta get out of here quick, because I owe a lot of people a lot of money. I've gotten really desperate and stolen huge amounts of money to pay rent.

I want to head out west and work as a farmhand or laborer. I want to move around a lot and explore the country. I can't drive, so I'd have to hitchhike or trainhop or take discount buses everywhere. I want to cut off ties with everyone I know. I want to be free of all attachments, never being held down by pointless shit. I've worked a bit on a farm before, so I think I could do that kind of work. You think I could try roughnecking? I know it's hard work. As for money, only got $15 at the moment. Should be getting a few thousand buckeroos soon though.
>>
So you have 15K?
I suggest the cheapest hotel in town.
You'll last for a few months, so I suggest getting a job while you're at it, and you have no car eh?

>stop being a whiney white faggot, running away and shit.
>>
>>27087978
You're not 18 and is probably wage slaving. Vacation is just one extreme thing people do to make them try to see things differently, there's plenty.

I would be my way, had I the money.
>>
>>27087826
Link to the guide?
>>
>>27088191

I'd rather just pop a few psychedelics, fampai. Those are supposed to jostle the cables right?
>>
>>27087235

as somebody who was kicked out at 16 1500 can go a long ways. I'd study hard. I'd start applying for jobs. get your DL and just change your life around. there's no shame in bumming off people til you get your shit together, so long as you're doing it temporarily. You have 1500$. that's more than a lot of people who've moved around have.

1500 would buy you a car btw. I bought mine for 1K and it lasted me two years
>>
>>27088275

oh and the best advice I got is have more than an a b c plan. make sure you have the whole fucking alphabet.

exuding confidence will get you further.

people think it's really hard to make it - and it's really not.
>>
>>27088275
Hes in Sweden. He needs no money kids there get literally paid for going to school
>>
>>27087302
>have like 10 000 in my bank account, my parents would be suspicious
You're running away, so why does it matter?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.