[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be an electron. What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: hydrogen-atom.png (12 KB, 361x339) Image search: [Google]
hydrogen-atom.png
12 KB, 361x339
Be an electron.
What do?
>>
You are now aware that electrons don't actually "orbit" in the traditional sense.
>>
>>27084765
Be attracted to the subatomic particle of opposite charge.
>>
>>27084814
Electrons can't be 'aware'.
Also I would fuck that nucleus in its proton.
>>
Stay negative, r9k style
>>
>>27084814
Then what do they do.
>inb4 occupying different states
That's not really any more accurate, just ambiguous.
>>
get cucked by other atoms
>>
>>27084765
Get kidnapped by a halogen while you were orbiting your alkali crush, all alone in your shell.
>>
File: nothingmatters.gif (445 KB, 441x270) Image search: [Google]
nothingmatters.gif
445 KB, 441x270
>tfw forcibly removed from my onitis
>others tell me she's been much more positive since I left
>>
File: Hydrogen_Density_Plots.png (2 MB, 2200x2000) Image search: [Google]
Hydrogen_Density_Plots.png
2 MB, 2200x2000
>>27084871
My understanding is they don't orbit like planets orbit the sun. They just exist in sort of cloud in various places around the nucleus, and seem to randomly pop around from one place to the next. And there's different shapes to the electron clouds depending on their energy level, which is why they're called "orbitals" instead of orbits.
>>
File: x4SL7zI.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
x4SL7zI.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>27084765
>/r9k/ robot is just like the Pauli Exclusion Principle
>>
>>27084923
hihi, thank you. Made me laugh
>>
>>27084765
Feel pretty negative probably
>>
File: Jimmy_Neutron.png (59 KB, 310x334) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_Neutron.png
59 KB, 310x334
Suddenly a Neutron appears, what do now?
>>
>>27084828
>find positron to hang out with
>annihilate each other in a burst of energy
>>
>>27084871
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_cloud#Electron_properties

> The electrons do not orbit the nucleus in the sense of a planet orbiting the sun, but instead exist as standing waves.
>>
Create an electrive field
>>
>become part of a free radical
>death to all ionfidels
>>
File: slide_10.jpg (79 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_10.jpg
79 KB, 960x720
>>27084765
that image isn't even close to scale. so shitty to imply the electron is bigger, when it's actually super tiny.
>>
>>27085065
That pretty abstract thb.
>>
>>27085146
does an electron even have spatial dimensions
>>
>>27085146
Protons suck.
>>
>>27085147
>abstract
Well that's electrons for you. They don't follow a nice circle or ellipse like most diagrams shows.
>>
>>27085171
not really but it does have mass
>>
>>27085171
yeah, and I don't see how something with mass can't spatially exist. A photon on the other hand is just energy, so there's no mass or shape to it I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_electron_radius
>>
>>27085146
>Nuetrons
gonna go ahead and disregard this image k thx
>>
Chemfags, is there any point/fun to learning Chemistry aside from seeming like a huge nerd? Can you use it in daily life?
>>
>>27085426
Well you can make drugs and explosives.
Nothing useful, I wouldn't recommend it at all.
>>
>>27084969
The misnomer of randomness occurs because i cant actually devise an instrument to measure where it is. So all i can do is give you a graphic of places where, if i looked in that place with a theoretical instrument, the electron will likely be there.

If i try to measure where an electron is, i will displace it to the point that i will measure it as being in the wrong place
>>
>>27085426
Soap
Destructive things
Ferrofluid
Telling your grandma that msg is not killing her
>>
>literally beta particle
>>
>>27084765
Be a neutron star instead. Fuck electrons.
>>
>>27085426
I actually really enjoy know how the world works. If you take a physics and chemistry course at the same time, it really opens your eyes.
>>
>>27085147
If you look at the three dimensional images of orbitals we currently use, they describe areas of space around the nucleus in which there are high probabilities of finding specific electrons. The spaces were defined using mathematical algorithms. They change in shape and size as more electrons are put in the orbitals.
>>
Spin around the proton for as long as I can.
>>
>>27084871
Who knows.
Electrons have a probability to be in a certain position.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.