[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ask a person recovering from overbite surgery anything. i can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: ssdsd.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ssdsd.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
ask a person recovering from overbite surgery anything. i can't eat anything so i might as well post here.

new chin, new me
>>
>>27083777
are you excited for girls not to cringe at the sight of you? new start anon, get a gf! also nice trip 7s
>>
What kind of surgery is it?
>>
You can suck a big dick?
>>
>>27083878
orthognathic surgery, they broke my lower jaw and moved it forward
>>
>>27083861
i am, it would be nice but i'm not holding out hope. still, a chin could be the thing to do it
>>
>>27083777
Post what your old chin looked like
>>
>>27083777
lmao erica bitch, no one can fix your fucking receded chin nigga
>>
Nice m8. I plan on getting maxillary mandibular advancement. Gunna be great.
>>
File: 1451407717998.png (198 KB, 719x520) Image search: [Google]
1451407717998.png
198 KB, 719x520
This is me.

Do I do the same as you?

Is it genetic or are we mouth-breathers?
>>
>>27086016
Yeah you need jaw surgery. Visit a maxillofacial surgeon. It is probably more environmental than genetic considering that our ancestors didn't have these problems.
>>
>>27086079
What sort of cost am I in for?

I'm in the UK, but would travel if there are better options of course.
>>
>>27083777
Are your jaws wired shut?
>>
>>27086144
Visit a surgeon or Google it. I'd guess 16k?
>>
>>27083777
I bet you are a nasty chav who likes cockmeat up the ass
>>
File: 1448334783744.jpg (117 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1448334783744.jpg
117 KB, 392x500
>>27083904
Okay, wall of text incoming.

I might have the same thing done except with an underbite. It's not very severe, but from what over the years it has been "increasing"/developing more over time. I've been told that if it becomes severe enough, your teeth can eventually grind down into stubs due to the them being misaligned. That's my main concern, but that's something for the future. Right now, however, I don't have any issues chewing/digesting/pain/etc. whatsoever. The only way I could have the operation done through insurance is if it's a declared "medical necessity". People are saying I should just get it done, though I tell them I don't have any current issues, and that I'm mainly concerned about what will happen as time goes on, and that I'm worried if it's worth getting done if I don't have any difficulties with it at this current point in time. Then they tell me that I should not bring this up to the surgeon/orthodontist, and that if I say I'm not having trouble, that I won't be able to get it done period.

Would it be best to do it now instead of waiting? Thoughts?
>>
>>27086233
Christ way to much little dicked nigga
>>
>>27086255
Alright, fair enough.

tl;dr: Should I get an operation done to correct an underbite while it's still developing, despite not having any current complications?

I need work on this whole "summarizing" thing I've been hearing about.
>>
>>27086324
You should get it done as soon as you can. You're not getting any younger and jaw surgery can improve both your health and facial appearance. You might not notice any major problems, but there could be some subtle problems that can worsen over time.
>>
I had a Herbst appliance for ~9 months when I was 13 because I had a huge overbite. It's like a little bar that goes on the side of your teeth to move your jaw forward until it stays there permanently. It was totally worth it because I have a Chad-tier jawline now.
>>
I'm getting surgery because of an underbite, but my doctor is telling me he's only going to relocate my upper jaw.
I feel like I have a longish face and that it would be better if he also pulled back my lower jaw, but he says since I have a long nose it would make the center of my face stick out and it'd look odd.
>>
>>27086483
Thanks, it makes sense that problems would be subtle but build up over time.
>>
>>27086595
Hard to say with no pics but I'd guess your facial appearance would look better by advancing your upper jaw, as opposed to moving your lower jaw back. Also CCW rotation on your upper jaw (maxilla) can reduce your long face
>>
>>27086016
>>27086079
I actually don't think this looks that bad.
>>
Milkshakes for the calories and vegetable juice for the vitamins helped me not feel like shit.
>>
Hey OP! I had this surgery done about 14 years ago. I'm sure it's changed a bit since then. My overbite was so severe that my lower teeth were smashing into the roof of my mouth when I closed it.

I remember recovery being a huge pain in the dick because they had to wire my mouth shut. I basically lived on codeine shot down the back of my throat and mashed potatoes. It was pretty hazy desu.

Now my chin is kinda pointy and I have a few numb spots on my chin/lower lip. Additionally, if I hurt my lip, I feel the pain in my lower gums. Kinda weird, desu.
>>
I have an overbite and I just stick my lower jaw out farther when I'm outside so it looks normal.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.