[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /baseball/ here? spring training is comfy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: baseball.jpg (9 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
baseball.jpg
9 KB, 224x225
who /baseball/ here?

spring training is comfy
>>
>tfw team has absolutely zero expectations to be met coming into the new season
feels oddly comfy man
>>
>>27083592
Very comfy, baseball is the most comfy of sports by far
>>
File: 1442449054646.jpg (35 KB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1442449054646.jpg
35 KB, 480x481
>>27083592
baseball is the only spectator sport with any opportunity to be comfy. Baseball tries to make it all rah-rah, jump up and down, constant-action like the other major sports, but fortunately it's still easy to just sit in the upper deck with a beer and relax. Protip: Bring a portable radio to the game, and listen to the broadcast while you're there.
>>
>12 years old
>play baseball, the league is competitive but not a big deal, best players play for the city
>get asked to pitch one day
>a few weeks later I'm brought in
>throw rainbow balls for all of my 2 innings
>get 5 strikeouts, 1 walk and no hits
>hailed as a hero for a week
>>
>>27083909
>was a giant fedora in grade school
>thought sports were something degenerate that normies did
>wouldn't watch or play them, any of them
>fast forward almost two decades
>regret it terribly and wish I could have played in little league
>>
File: 1442772535717.jpg (886 KB, 1400x735) Image search: [Google]
1442772535717.jpg
886 KB, 1400x735
>>27083800
>most comfy sport
>not hiking
You're a faggot.
>>
>>27083643
>we

oregano
>>
>>27083977
I bet you think golf and bowling are sports too. Faggot
>>
>>27084009
hiking is still an objectively better exercise, and is also more robot than playing some gay game in a team like a normal fag.
>>
My team has transformed into a living meme
>>
>>27084028
>having the desire and means to travel outdoors

heIIo reddit
>>
>>27084009
Golf is an awful spectator sport, but as something to play, it's great for robots

>easy to play alone, especially if you can play at off hours
>at the same time, if you ever want to play with others, that's also simple
>normies know about it even if they don't play - gives you something to talk about and say that you do beyond vidya and anime
>everyone and their brother is bad at it, so no worries if you are too
>not so physically demanding that you can't play it at all if you're out of shape
>not nearly as expensive as you think if you buy a used set of clubs and play at municipal courses
>one of the very few sports where it's acceptable to drink while playing
>>
>>27084108
>desire
I don't see how craving to go /out/, alone in the wild is more of a normalfag thing than taking part in a team activity in a stadium, a place which is very likely to be filled with sports team Chads.

>means
Yeah, opening your door and walking sure costs a lot.
>>
>>27083980
I literally didn't say 'we' or imply that I was part of the team you little shit
>>
>>27084145
Yeah, playing golf is alright, I just don't think it's really a sport like your typical sports that have offense and defense. It's more just a game really or an activity

I used to play golf but instead of improving I somehow got progressively worse. I was usesless once I got on the fairway and was using irons. I'd rather just go the driving range instead
>>
File: 1414266289427.jpg (15 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1414266289427.jpg
15 KB, 193x200
>>27083592
Me
I play in germany and I've been playing for over 10 years.
I hope I'll make it into the first team but it's full of alpha latinos and I haven't been to practice regulary for a while...

Thanks to my shoulder and elbow injury I'll probably never be able to pitch in the first team and I'm not a great hitter either.
And to be honest I wasn't even a good pitcher.
My fastballs were about 75mph and the only breaking ball I can throw is the slider.
I should just stop playing altogether
>>
>tfw ausfag and we have shitty wannabe baseball teams over here
>tfw will never live in America and watch a comfy game of baseball at the stadium

Just wanna end it all senpai
>>
>>27084260
>tfw I had a wicked slider as a kid
>tfw it fucked my arm up snapping those bitches off repeatedly

Oh well, I was never going to make it far in sports anyway. I didn't have the raw athleticism required. Just decent skills
>>
Floridafag 941 here

hoping to go to a Spring Training game
>>
File: 14641239912.jpg (75 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
14641239912.jpg
75 KB, 440x660
>lillies win the world series
>lose world series next year
>lose in nlds next year
>lose in wildcard next year
>miss the playoffs next year
>miss the playoffs again
>miss the playoffs again
>worst team in baseball
>gonna be the worst team this year
>>
File: 1427246798532.png (58 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1427246798532.png
58 KB, 436x425
Played baseball for 10 years when I was younger. Now I'm an umpire for my city's leagues during the spring and summer. Pays pretty good (14/hr) for a seasonal part time position, plus you can make around $300 working tournaments on weekends. Those usually pay $30/game, it's untaxed and you get a check at the end of the tournament. I've been umping for the last five years.

It's really nice that you don't have to take shit from people after having to bend over backwards to appease dickheads in food service and retail. Most coaches and parents aren't that bad but there is always that one guy who is a world class prick. Feels good telling him to get his ass back in his dugout or else he's going home.
>>
File: DTump.jpg (61 KB, 473x425) Image search: [Google]
DTump.jpg
61 KB, 473x425
>>27085114
>ywn engage in the national pastime of yelling in an umpire's face in front of thousands of people

Why live?
>>
>>27085208
what they really ought to do is to take away the home-plate umpire's right to call balls and strikes. Do it with Pitchtrax or whatever technology it is they're using now to display the path of the ball relative to the zone on the TV broadcast. You objectively measure whether the pitch was a ball or a strike, and the umpire just gets told what it was in an earpiece and tells the pitcher, catcher, and hitter on the field.

that'd be more worthwhile than any of the other instant-replay crap they're doing.
>>
What stadiums you guys been to?

>Old Yankee Stadium
>New Yankee Stadium
>Shea Stadium
>Citi Field
>Fenway Park

I think citi field is a pretty underrated stadium
>>
>>27085302
>Pac Bell/At&t Park (Absolutely beautiful)
>Oakland coliseum (absolutely ugly)
>Dodger Stadium (absolutely average)

I also went to candlestick park for a 49ers game, but I thought I'd still mention it because I'm a giants fan and it was still pretty cool to see it
>>
>>27085302

>Angel Stadium
>Camden Yards
>Coors Field
>Dodger Stadium
>Kauffman Stadium
>Old Yankee Stadium
>Qualcomm Stadium when the Padres played there

Camden and Coors are both great stadiums. Kauffman is up there too.
>>
>>27085302
>Minute Maid Park
>Old Yankee
>Shea
>Fenway
>Veterans Stadium
>Citizens Bank Park
>Jacobs Field
>Coors Field
>Ballpark in Arlington
>Dodgers Stadium
>Angels Stadium
>PETCO Park
>The Coliseum
>Joe Robbie Stadium or whatever it was called then
>Nationals Park
>Camden Yards
>Wrigley Field
>Comiskey Park
>Chase Field
My dad and I used to take trips centered around seeing stadiums. We haven't done it in a number of years, though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.