[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is NYC like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1456240762583.png (429 KB, 451x619) Image search: [Google]
1456240762583.png
429 KB, 451x619
What is NYC like?
>>
Not anywhere near as cool as people make it out to be. It's extremely diverse but people can't stop jerking themselves off over how cool and edgy it is. The fucking hipsters suck. Wallstreet cunts think their better than anyone else. The transit system is fucking disgusting. If it got nuked the world might just be a little better off.
>>
>>27083386

Home of Emperor Trump
>>
>>27083386
expensive, crowded, smelly, lots of homeless, full of shitskins, sjws, hipsters
>>
>>27083386
amazing. you can get a job in about 2 seconds and even the shit areas are beautiful.
>>
>New Yorkers will defend this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnl91cgYIRk
>>
>>27083386
Its fucking great, but not to live in. Live on Long Island and commute/visit the city whenever you want. Its better that way. But it truly is a magical place to visit and enjoy especially if you have never seen huge skyscrapers and enjoy being invisible when walking around.
>>
>>27083435
>>27083491
>>27083501
>>27083520
Better than LA?
>>
Good place, but if you are not rich or have decent amount of money then good luck
>>
'90s NYC looked so comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
>>
File: 1454610549908.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454610549908.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
>>27083386
Smelly dumb cockroach scum
>>
it's a shit hole.

the people are assholes, it smells like diesel exhaust and garbage, it's dirty, and the worst part is it's expensive as all fucking hell

i live an hour away and i only go there if i absolutely have to.
>>
File: lovelab1.png (70 KB, 160x172) Image search: [Google]
lovelab1.png
70 KB, 160x172
>visit friend while they're at work
>ask them where the bathroom is, they direct me to it
>come back out
>"oh i forgot to tell you anon, be careful when you throw away your paper towels after drying your hands, people leave their used needles in there"
>my fucking face when

>later on, different night
>coming back to friend's apartment
>pass a man peeing in the street
>literally pissing right there in the street
>next day walking around in a different part of the city and smell that disgusting stale urine smell while walking past a giant puddle
>know that somebody pissed right there in broad daylight and just did not give a fuck

>trying to buy a coffee
>homeless guy keeps trying to sell me and friend a yoga mat that's obviously stolen
>we don't want it
>he's acting REALLY weird about it
>eventually we just buy the mat to get him to leave us alone, it's just a yoga mat anyways
>realize later on he was doped up
>see him later in the afternoon passed out on a staircase

>trying to take subway
>it's confusing as fuck and the voices announcing the stops are impossible to hear

>always assume black spots on pavement are from weathering or repair on the concrete
>later realize it's gum
>decades and decades of gum from thousands of people spat out onto the ground and just left there to dry

>walking around
>there's a group of pigeons sharing a hotdog
>like, an entire, perfectly whole and still in the wrapper hotdog, buns, beef, and all.
>later see a pigeon look both ways and wait for the cars to pass before walking across the street
Other than that, it's crowded and there's always construction going on.
>>
>>27083559
>We want our fellow nigger to get away with murder

Literally subhuman
>The glove does not fit
>>
>>27083520
what an absolute hellhole

holy shit
>>
>>27083634
Imagine if they charged the nigger guilty
>Atleast hes in jail anyway for other crimes
>>
hot and smelly air that you can barely breathe in

comparable to a big black warm dingus lying on top of your head all day
>>
File: lovelab2.png (51 KB, 147x145) Image search: [Google]
lovelab2.png
51 KB, 147x145
>>27083596
Forgot another story:

>staying at friend's apartment, it's a shared one with 3 roommates or so
>see a taped up sheet of paper in the kitchen
>go up to it and read it
>"DO NOT LEAVE FOOD COCKROACHES BREED HERE"
>my fucking face
>>
The NYC of today is not the NYC that you think you know. All the creative, interesting people have moved out because it's gotten too expensive and finance guys have moved in. It's bland and totally corporate now.
>>
>>27083676
the only ones that are left are all the rich hipster trust fund kiddies
>>
>>27083654
replying to the wrong post famalam

this has nothing to do with a spic's apartment
>>
even tampa is better
>>
>>27083538
It's worse than LA in some ways. LA has more gangs and minorities, but only in the actual city. If you live in a surrounding city it's not that bad. Most are modernizing rural towns or suburbs with decent housing prices. I live in one if the more rural towns and I can buy my groceries just by going down a few blocks. The only problem in this type of neighborhood are tweakers, wild animals, and fucking horses.
>>
What is Montana like?
>>
>>27083745
a whole lot of nothing
>>
what is portland, OR like?
>>
What is Seattle like?
>>
>>27083769
don't go there, it's been like the #1 city to move to for the past couple years and the rental and housing prices are getting astronomical
>>
>>27083676
Where did they go?
>>
>>27083596
>>later see a pigeon look both ways and wait for the cars to pass before walking across the street
Pigeons are the smartest residents of New York.
>>
What is Dresden like?
>>
London is so much better rudeboi
>>
What is /r9k/, 4chan like?
>>
As somebody who lives in the projects of NY and has been in this state for 19 years, I'll tell you this.

There's nowhere else like it. Sure, "m-muh poverty! muh Jews!" and such will be thrown around, but in the end this place is still this fast-paced, cold wonderland that its known to be. Tourists, outsiders and newcomers list things like the jaded atmosphere and the speed of the city as negatives, but you have to actually live here for a bit to understand these are all actually really solid positives.

The only core issue is that the classic NY environment is getting destroyed by hipsters and so forth. Some of Queens, small amounts of Brooklyn and the Bronx are the only true bastions left.
>>
What is Thailand like?
>>
>>27084912
>Some of Queens, small amounts of Brooklyn, and the Bronx are the only bastions left
You mean the poorest parts of the city?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.