[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been NEET for about 7 months, now I'm a wageslave,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 474x503
I've been NEET for about 7 months, now I'm a wageslave, and I can honestly say having a fairly /comfy/ job is better than both NEETdom and full-on wagecuckery (e.g. having a job you loathe but have to stay at)

>working as proofreader for local newspaper
>hours are typically in the afternoon/early evening since there's nothing to proof early in the morning, get to sleep in
>get paid $14 an hour to correct spelling and grammar
>comfy office in quiet part of building
>supervisor is really chill, don't really have to talk to her much but she's always nice
>only one kind of annoying coworker, some middle manager who screams at everyone
>some National Guard fag who thinks he ought to be venerated like a saint because he runs around in the woods in an ACU one weekend a month
>nobody takes him seriously anyways, was probably just given a paper-pushing make-work job so he doesn't shoot up the place
>qt 3.14 working at the front desk has actually started talking to me
>family respects and likes me
>money in the bank
>still have lots of time to do the things I love
>motivated to exercise again
>>
I'm glad you found something that works for you! This seems like a decent job.
>>
>>27082677

I know that feel Anon, night security guard here.

>job is essentially to sit in a room and not fall asleep
>most nights I spend reading, watching movies, playing vidya, shitposting here, eating
>essentially getting paid to be a NEET in uniform

I don't understand why so few people want this sort of job, you basically just have to show up and warm the seat for eight hours.
>>
wtf is this shit. Who the hell would want to do that? I climb a hill, go swimming, talk to cuties, read books, go online, make music and generally do whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>27082677
>he got the one-in-a-million job that pays decently for doing something that's not complete bullshit
>was NEET for only 7 months
Fuck right off
>>
The only real upsides to working is the fact that no one thinks I'm a loser shut-in that has nothing better to do then vidya and Chinese cartoons and saving up money in an account.

Last job I was working at it was hard to save up more than $1000 dollars because I was paying rent and buying an ounce every two weeks. Now I live in Florida with my dad working with him and I have over $3000 now. Going to start looking for a car soon, something a neet can only dream about.
>>
>>27082740

>people dont want to be night security guards

really? surprised. i would think that would be a highly sought after position.

infinitely better than flipping burgers and retail.... what kind of qualifications do you even need
>>
That isn't the kind of job anybody can get. How did you even get it?
>>
>>27082817
Not much, most people I know went into that and I have an interview next week. The complaint is people do things on weekend nights and so a lot of people don't want to do it, except some people as you know don't do anything on weekends.
>>
How'd you get that job, OP? Proofreading indeed sounds very comfy. Do you have a degree?
>>
>>27082880

Nah I took a certification course online. Cost a few hundred bucks and took about 12 weeks but after that it was pretty easy to get the job.
>>
>>27082677
The first 4 months of a new job after a long NEET spell is the best time to be alive.

If only it lasted.
>>
>>27083061

I really don't see how I could grow to hate this job, unless the National Guard guy became my supervisor (which is never going to happen because he's always pissing people off and shirking responsibilities because "I keep you safe so let me relax"
>>
File: image_9.jpg (501 KB, 1446x2176) Image search: [Google]
image_9.jpg
501 KB, 1446x2176
>>27083036
Link to course? Sounds like an easy enough job.

Thanks for posting best girl btw
>>
Enjoy it while it lasts, you will be replaced by Ai within 2 years
>>
>>27083106

No problem friend.

There are a few reputable cert programs out there, this is the one I went through:

http://www.the-efa.org/eve/education.php
>>
>>27083119

They've been saying that for 15 years faggot
>>
File: 1457665174394.png (413 KB, 949x720) Image search: [Google]
1457665174394.png
413 KB, 949x720
>you need a certificate to proof-read
Is the job market really like this?
>>
>>27083144
Except now, they're actually making good progress with Ai development
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1024x684
>need experience to get job
>need job to get experience
>NEED EXPERIENCE TO GET JOB
>NEED JOB TO GET EXPERIENCE
>EXPERIENCE
>JOB
>EXPERIENCE
>JOB
>EXPERIENCE
>JOB
>EXPERIENCE
>JOB
>RUH
>RUH
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27083165

You don't need it, but if you have it on your resume more employers will look at you

It's way more economical and time-efficient than a four-year degree
>>
>>27083185

Again, they've been saying that for ages.

Writing and editing are actually one of the few fields that are actually expanding right now. The electronic jew may whittle away accountants and factory workers, but a human brain is necessary for anything that requires even a speck of creativity or innovation.
>>
>>27083204
I work in the callcenter of an airline issuing tickets and such.
Before I started there I didn't know jackshit about airlines. Most jobs need "experience" so overqualified people apply for them.
They also know that you won't find many experienced workers for entry-tier jobs especially when it means they are required to pay them more.
>>
>>27082677
how do you people get these jobs... everytime i come to this board there's someone with some kind of dream job like it just falls off of a tree or something, where did you apply plz tell me your secrets.
>>
>>27082677
do you have degree in some kind ? jurnalistic or something ? or you just got lucky/connections etc?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.