[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of social Darwinism, r9k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: social-darwinism-1-638.jpg (55 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
social-darwinism-1-638.jpg
55 KB, 638x479
What do you think of social Darwinism, r9k?
>>
Bullshit normies use to justify their latent sociopathic behavior.
>>
>>27082444
But isn't it accurate though? Retards and people with shit genetics make up the garbage of society, whilst the naturally gifted and attractive dominate
>>
>>27082444
This. Social Darwinism is bullshit because the vast majority of wealth is due to luck, then inheritance.

>>27082670
>But isn't it accurate though?
No. Not even close. Sure there are plenty of poor people with shit genes. Do you honestly think Paris Hilton belongs anywhere other than a trailer park though? The fact is SD has almost nothing to do with genes and everything to do with luck. There are plenty of gorgeous geniuses who die in poverty and never reproduce and there are plenty of fuckugly sociopathic sub-intellectuals with huge families who are rich as fuck.
>>
I think it makes a compelling argument, if you consider that advanced decadent civilizations like ours tend to be dysgenic- They work against nature by elevating the unfit at the expense of the fit.
Our social elite are broken, neurotic, messed up people who owe their power to their popularity and are overly focused on maintaining their reputation, whereas in earlier pre-modern societies, a council of village elders or a king enjoyed their position due to wisdom and character.
Of course you can cherry-pick incompetent kings, but they seem like the exception, rather than the rule
>>
>>27082917
>I think it makes a compelling argument
Yeah if you totally ignore reality.

Wait, are you trying to prove or disprove the validity of Social Darwinism?
>>
>>27082958
What I'm saying is that society is anti-darwinistic, because we are removed from a state of nature.
When it all breaks down and we're living in a Mad Max Fist of the North Star world full of roving machete rapist biker gangs, that is when you'll really see social darwinism in action.
>>
>>27083063
I suppose that makes sense ONLY inasmuch as civilization itself is removed from the equation, but that isn't what Social Darwinism is about. SD is about having civilization, giving everything to sociopaths, then claiming it works.

>When it all breaks down and we're living in a Mad Max Fist of the North Star world full of roving machete rapist biker gangs, that is when you'll really see social darwinism in action.
When society breaks down, that's not Social Darwinism anymore, that's just Darwinism. Literally just evolution.

Darwinism is true. Social Darwinism is horseshit.
>>
>>27083063
If you think about it, we aren't totally removed from a state of nature are we?

We all compete for resources,jobs and money. Those who acquire that are successful and pass on their genes.
>>
>>27083137
We do compete, but there are fewer and fewer penalties for not playing the game, as evidenced by the rise of NEETdom. Also, there are plenty who are complete failures at the career aspect of life who are yet very successful in passing on their genes- check out the ghetto.
As technology advances and social reformers work to make sure everyone is taken care of, and nobody is left behind, the pressure upon people to evolve and adapt to circumstances deceases.
>>
File: PHUyL6A.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
PHUyL6A.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>27082389
>implying social dynamics are good at discriminating which genes are worth keeping
>>
>>27083493
This. Human society is so ass-backwards, if anything SD actively selects for the worst possible traits like stupidity and sociopathy that have a short-term benefit IN a select, corrupt society, but long-term will be the death of the species.
>>
>>27083222
The NEETs aren't even close to the worst issue. They have the right idea entirely. The rich and those who control all the resources are the ones destroying both the environment and human civilization at breakneck speed to line their own pockets. If anything, we should be executing those with the most cucked "work ethic" because they support pure, unfiltered evil and are a threat to the continuation of the species.
>>
>>27083534
I would argue sociopathy is actually a good trait. Emotions often are more trouble than they're worth, and sociopaths usually lack them or can circumvent them easily. They're also very motivated and ambitious.
>>
>>27083639
>I would argue sociopathy is actually a good trait
That's because you're a sociopath. Sociopathy is very obviously disadvantageous to the species. Sociopaths are literally parasites on their own species.
>>
>>27083639
>They're also very motivated and ambitious.
Yeah, to destroy literally everything. It wouldn't be so bad if their motivations were benevolent. Sociopathy + ambition is exactly the combination you DON'T want in the leaders of your species.
>>
>>27083661
>Sociopaths are literally parasites on their own species.

Says the neet
>>
File: 1430248674744.jpg (216 KB, 837x477) Image search: [Google]
1430248674744.jpg
216 KB, 837x477
>>27083578
oh ho ho ho
yeah that's right, I'm evil
and you know what? I'm going to exterminate you first.
All the NEETs, all the effete decadent elites, all the marginal ghetto criminal types- all who take more than they give must be annihilated.
Only through a massive bloodbath will the world be made beautiful again
>>
Reminder that human hunter-gatherer societies were agressively egalitarian
>>
>>27083661
Kek, I'm definitely not a sociopath, I can be pretty emotional and I'm not very ambitious. May have a touch of psychopathy, though.

>>27083685
Not all sociopaths are bad people who do evil things, like the Hollywood stereotype of them. Many of them live normal lives and actually contribute to society
>>
>>27083725
Which is why they were hippie fags and got conquered by warlike and hierarchical civilizations
>>
>>27082389
It's good. Today's society is extremely Darwinist. Chads reproduce more than ever. They even fuck married sluts behind their beta provider's backs.

The ugly don't automatically get wives anymore, which is great. I'm glad that there will be less ugly trash such as myself in the coming generations. Oh wait, immigration.
>>
>>27083808
>Chads reproduce more than ever
lol no they don't. Lots of one night stands though.
>>
>>27083715
>I'm going to exterminate you first.
Highly doubtful. Sociopathy is self-consuming. Evil always is. Oh, your sort will destroy human society. That's a guarantee and it's already happening. America has never had so many billionaires or with so much money. It's also never been in such a delapidated and decripit state with the infrastructure, economy, education, etc all collapsing.

>effete
Please don't use words you don't understand.

>Only through a massive bloodbath will the world be made beautiful again
Only if that bloodbath weeds out the sociopaths.

>Not all sociopaths are bad people who do evil things
Yeah. They are actually. That is LITERALLY what defines a sociopath.

>Many of them live normal lives and actually contribute to society
This is a phrase which means absolutely nothing in the modern age. Steve Jobs "contributed to society". Snooki and Lady Gaga "contribute" to society. Utterly meaningless.

>>27083763
Sociopaths destroy hierarchies though. Sociopaths are naturally anarchists. And there is no power without structure. Modern sociopaths are sucking on the fat that was built up by non-sociopaths historically and acting entitled as all fuck about it as if they created this wealth like this shithead here: >>27083715

When they've sucked all the marrow out of the bones of mankind - and that day will be sooner rather than later - society will inevitably collapse.
>>
>>27083858
I meant Chads vs other men. I know people had more babies in the past and that there were plenty of war rapefests.
>>
>>27083808
>It's good. Today's society is extremely Darwinist
No it isn't. If it was male pattern baldness, low IQ, congenital vision problems and poor judgment wouldn't be selected for like they are. We are on a dysgenic trend, but see: >>27083534

When the factors keeping sociopaths alive (the work done by historic non-sociopaths) is used up, everything will fall apart. Then all the bad genetic selection that occurred in a temporal society that is no longer relevant will fuck the species over because the more universally good traits like the ability to cooperate for mutual survival will have been weeded out.

>The ugly don't automatically get wives anymore
That is actually a VERY new trend. And one of the few good ones. Unfortunately, it's being vastly outweighed by seriously negative ones like widespread racemixing with lesser races.

>Oh wait, immigration.
Exactly, it will get worse.
>>
>>27082670
if its not the appearance, genetics only appoint your skills to a minimum.
>>
>>27082798
it was never survival of the fittest.
its survival of the fitting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.