[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That feel when I'll never ever have a son >Even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1413752654103.jpg (83 KB, 645x555) Image search: [Google]
1413752654103.jpg
83 KB, 645x555
>That feel when I'll never ever have a son
>Even if I managed to have one, it would be absolutely nothing like the ideal fantasy. My kid would probably be a constant expensive, loud, smelly pain in the ass who grows up to be gay or hate me
>Even if I have a son and even if by some miracle we both love each other and he's fun to hang around with and grows up to be a good, capable man my wife/his mother would still find a way to ruin everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU
>>
>>27080915
The truth is you don't want a son. You'd rather stay home and play video games.

You know that you could find a wife if you really wanted to.

You know you could have a son if you really wanted to.

You know you could learn to raise your son to be a good man if you really wanted to.

But all of this requires a lot of work which you won't do because you're lazy and scared of failure (protip: failure cannot be avoided, it's part of the learning process). But no, you care more about protecting your precious ego from admitting acknowledging your weaknesses and mistakes than you care about achieving your goals.

The truth is, you could have all of these things, but you're too lazy to go out there and get it, so you try to convince yourself that they're unattainable goals so you can just give up.
>>
>transferring my shitty genetics to my son
Nope. I won't repeat my father's error.
>>
>>27080958

I feel like there is a difference between a woman to marry and a wife. There is also a difference between some little bastard you are responsible for and a son. If you apply that logic, I can't find a wife and I will never have a son.

>But all of this requires a lot of work which you won't do because you're lazy and scared of failure (protip: failure cannot be avoided, it's part of the learning process). But no, you care more about protecting your precious ego from admitting acknowledging your weaknesses and mistakes than you care about achieving your goals.

It sounds to me like there is a massive amount of projection there, I think being lazy and scared of failure has little to do with it, that or nothing at all.
>>
>>27080998
>I feel like there is a difference between a woman to marry and a wife. There is also a difference between some little bastard you are responsible for and a son. If you apply that logic
Are you trying to make a distinction between a "bad" and "good" wife/son here? If so, do you think anyone gets a good wife or son without effort? They have to put in the work to find a good wife and to raise a son to be a good person.

It sounds to me like you just want to give up even though you have no reason to.

All kinds of lowlife degenerates get married and have kids. It is a virtual certainty that you could get this too if you put sufficient effort in.

What's stopping you?
>>
>>27080960
Pretty much this phamilia querida.
>>
>>27081071

I feel like you are making a lot of assumptions about me, most of which are not true. You imply I put in no effort like I'm a 29 year old obese NEET virgin. I'm not going to sit here and act like a bragfag but I'll just say that physically, mentally and emotionally I'm headed in a healthy and productive direction. I'm taking steps to have a decent career also, I've had multiple jobs before and I have a college degree, planning on going back to college very soon to further extend my education. I take care of my health and appearance and I've had girlfriends before. I do put in effort and will continue to.

I just have high standards and I am unwilling to lower them. What I want does not match reality. I don't believe I will ever find a woman that I have enough confidence in to consider settling with, and even if I do we will likely hate each other 10 years after that if we are even still together at all.

As for a son, there are a million and one ways that could go wrong.
>>
File: 1443745790340.png (11 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1443745790340.png
11 KB, 200x240
>tfw no daughter

https://youtu.be/KXYpJupNLSA
>>
File: thanksgiving.jpg (283 KB, 1413x968) Image search: [Google]
thanksgiving.jpg
283 KB, 1413x968
>>27081193

I never really wanted a daughter more than a son but that video makes it seem pretty mother fucking comfy to have a daughter
>>
>>27081144
So you've had girlfriends before, but you're assuming you'll never be happily married because you want a wife with much higher sexual market value (SMV) than your own?

Eventually you're going to have to choose to settle for someone (as we all do) if you don't want to be alone. If you settle for someone with similar SMV to your own, you can be more selective regarding her values and history. If you insist on selecting a wife primarily on appearance, you'll likely have to pair with an older woman whose SMV has declined, and who has bad values and 10+ years of riding the cock carousel. I know which I'd choose.

You mention how your confidence inhibits your ability to secure a more desirable mate. I'd advise just taking what you can reasonably get in the next few years (you're no spring chicken), and making sure you raise your son to be confident so he doesn't suffer as you have suffered.

That way you will win this round of natural selection. If you keep waiting for your unicorn (a pretty, virtuous, wholesome girl who likes you for you who exists only in your mind), you will fail to pass on your genes and therefore fail at natural selection and life.
>>
>>27081144
Just noticed you weren't stating you're 29, so disregard the spring chicken comment if it's not applicable.
>>
>>27081290

>He thinks I need a girlfriend to be happy
>He thinks I need a girlfriend to succeed at life

I'm actually perfectly happy without a girlfriend to fuck up everything for me. Stop making all those assumptions buddy, I don't like a single girl I know right now and I wouldn't want a girlfriend if I was offered one right now. There are little to no benefits to having a girlfriend in the current year or beyond, they've mostly ruined all that for us and will only continue to make things worse.

The whole point of this thread is that while I don't care for a girlfriend, am not seeking one, and don't even prioritize women, I will never be able to experience fatherhood. That's what I'm upset about, not >tfw no gf.

And yes, I've had girlfriends before. Want to know why I don't have one now? Things always sour and get ruined, one terrible experience after another. If I had never had a gf before I would probably think having a wife sounds amazing.
>>
>>27081341
I don't mean to tell you how to live your life. If you don't want to have children that's fine. Personally I see having children as a moral imperative to continue the legacy of my ancestors. If you don't think you have anything of value to pass on to future generations, or you would just rather engage in leisure activities than bring a new life into this world, you're well within your rights to do so.

I'd like to see our species thrive, and that's not going to happen if low IQ third worlders are the only ones reproducing.
>>
>>27081386

Eh, my sister will probably handle that, but I get what you mean though. It would be nice though it sounds very romanticized. I just don't want to end up as a miserable old man with an obese, bitchy wife who treats him like shit and he hasn't had sex with him in 7 years with a child who doesn't respect him and does all they can to avoid being around.

If I gamble on a family, I'd probably lose. And there is no going back when we're talking about bringing a new person into the world and spending decades of your life married to another.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.