[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have therapist >he recommends I go to an Anxiety support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: pepe not amused.png (55 KB, 269x241) Image search: [Google]
pepe not amused.png
55 KB, 269x241
>have therapist
>he recommends I go to an Anxiety support group
>go to a group meeting
>all of them around my age (21) and split evenly between males and females
>turns out they're all normies
>topic of discussion is relationships
>moderator of the group asks me if I've ever had a relationship go south because of anxiety
>I say I've never had a relationship
>all of the group starts laughing and snickering

fuck you normie scum, stop pretending you have our problems
>>
>>27079579
>going to therapist
Therapists are not equipped to help people with problems. They just make money from telling normies that they are unique and special.
>>
>>27079579
Why would anybody want to talk about private issues in a group of people. I cannot understand group therapy.
>>
Can anyone help me dox my psychiatrist
He won't answer my calls so I'm thinking he might answer if I email him on his personal email
>>
>massive issues talking to girls
>could even be described as getting mute
>support group for anxiety
>only guys
>can talk just fine with guys
>well, ok anyway
>they're impressed and stuff
>some jelly because they think I'm a normalfag
>talk about shit like relationships this one time
>all of them have gotten laid
>much to my surprise
>decide to be completely honest to get rid of normie status
>KHV no gf
>everyone laughs and says that I'm joking
>tell them I'm dead serious and have problems talking to girls
>group leader tells me there's a girl only group and he would ask
>wasn't thinking too much about it just wanted to be productive so I say yes
>skip introduction date
>get a new one
>show up
>girls are all practically normies
>some say they're suicidal and self harm
>except the one girl who was sortof alright and appropriately awkward
>>27079665
For anxiety I think it makes perfect sense. They're people you don't actually have to care about. Like you faggots. (anonymity helps of course)
The problem with the girls mentioned above was that their complete lack of issues that made them Stacy in my eyes. When I got the word (they talk a lot) I couldn't say shit because they just seemed too normal.

I'm not sure I'm helped by this...
>>
i would have flipped out on them. called them out on their so called depression and how they're terrible people who deserve to be miserable
>>
>>27079579
you've never had a relationship? haha what the fuck man lol
>>
>>27079724
>They're people you don't actually have to care about.
You see here's my anxiety problem and why I couldn't do it. Guess I care about it too much.
>>
>>27079665
supposedly ppl can relate to eachother and not feel alone with their problems
>>
>>27079579
Fucking casuals, man.
>>
This is my worst fear, OP. My therapist keeps telling me to try going to a social anxiety support group, but I just fucking KNOW it'd be filled with normie scum who have friends, partners, and think mental illnesses are fashion accessories. If you legitimately have social anxiety you wouldn't be going to a support group, it's fucking antithetical. As much as I'd like to make a friend who would actually understand exactly what I'm going through (or, God willing, meet a girl who feels the same way), I just know it's wishful thinking.

Normies ruin everything.
>>
>>27079727
This. I'm relatively a normie compared to OP and other guy and would've said something to the organizer of those groups.
>>
>>27079765
Just go anon. What's the worst that could happen? You have a bad experience, have nightmares for a couple of weeks and then kill yourself. It's not that bad.
You seriously should go though. If it's bad you can quit and it's gonna be over. It's worth risking if it helps your everyday problems.
>>
>>27079765

Yeah >>27079795 Worst case scenario is that you shut your therapist up and can shitpost on here about it. Best case: you actually get some help.
>>
File: large.jpg (30 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
30 KB, 500x289
>>27079795
It would honestly crush me. When I see normies posting here about their girlfriends and such I feel like I've been stabbed in the back by a close friend. For this to happen in real life--for me to put myself out there and realize I'm fucked much worse than everyone else--that would just be soul-shattering. Nothing would make me feel more like a fucking loser than trying to find solidarity with a bunch of other losers only to find out they're perfectly happy, functioning, normal individuals living regular lives, while I can barely leave my house. I just can't bear that, man.
>>
>>27079856
Anon that's a bit dramatic. It's your choice obviously but I don't see the logic here.
You know there's plenty of happy people in the world. You know there's plenty of people who are real sad creatures here. Some likely have a much worse situation than you (this one Irish guy has to protect his brother from abuse by not telling his step-dad where his brother is, while they're all abusing drugs and he has college going on). The pool is much deeper than you think and there's plenty of odd creatures down there. While you may not be a dolphin you're a lobster at least. You know both ends of the spectrum and all that could happen to your worldview is that group therapy is for faking normies. You're not stupid if you don't let yourself be.
>>
>>27079727
They would feel bad for five minutes and then go back to forgetting you exist
>>
>>27079665
you understand 4chan though, right?
>>
>>27079724
jesus christ normies are awful, what were the girls in the girl only group like? I'm betting they all had boyfriends and hated male virgins
>>
>>27079579
Anxiety is an easily controlled problem anyway. To blame your shit life on it is sad.
>>
>>27079579
they don't have a label for what robots have..
>>
>>27079616
EVERY FUCKING THREAD

"HEY GUYS I'M SEEING A THERAPIST AND--"
>UM EXCUSE ME BUT THERAPISTS ARE ACTUALLY A SCAM I KNOW BECAUSE I'M SMART AND YOU SHOULDN'T GO
>>
>21
>never had a relationship

desu that's pretty pathetic OP.
Ever do a personal inventory on why no one wants to spend time with you?
>>
>>27079713
That's really creepy. Don't do that.
>>
>>27081461
filtered, so long you fucking clod
>>
File: received_10156578833390551.jpg (26 KB, 992x769) Image search: [Google]
received_10156578833390551.jpg
26 KB, 992x769
>Go to my university group counseling
>Mostly normies talking about their relationship troubles or how hard it is to juggle so much work
>Talk about my problems regardless
>Get typical normal people advice
>Guy running the group recommends I go to a different group, sets up an intake meeting for me
>Seems like a nice guy so I thank him and go
>It turns out to be a group teaching literal aspies and autists social skills
>>
File: 1430392820848.jpg (198 KB, 726x684) Image search: [Google]
1430392820848.jpg
198 KB, 726x684
>>27081481
>another robofaggot triggered
>>
>>27081487
But he was right, huh?
>>
>>27079579
I know how you feel Anon

Everytime I've gone to group therapy sessions it has always been full of pathetic normies who have gone to get attention. As usual the people who have genuine problems have to sit their quietly while some stupid normies hog everything. Normies are cancer. They ruin everything they get involved in. If you ever wanted to start a group for genuine robots with issues some normies would get butthurt if they couldn't crash it to turn it into something that feeds their egos.
>>
>>27079765
It will Anon

I've been to group therapy sessions and they're always full of normies who have no idea what it's actually like to suffer with the problems that they think they've got.
It might be worth you looking for a group that is different from the rest but if I were you I wouldn't get your hopes up.
>>
>>27081524
That's exactly why you go to therapy
>>
>>27079579
At work the other day I heard some 22 year old girl say "when I see an email account with unread emails it gives me an anxiety attack!"

That's what happens when you don't have any real problems in your life, you lucky dumb bitch.
>>
I'm a socially retarded self aware confident robot. Just never learned social cues so friendless kissless virgin.

>in group therapy for social interactions with 2-4 girls
>one has issues because she gets into relationships with Chads and gets abused
>other has trust issues because her father cheated on her mother and can't trust any person around her
>lead group discussion always
>Ask leading questions to qts
>make them stammer and answer the questions
>in the end they all thank me for helping them get out of their shells.
>>
Never went to a therapist, probably will never bother to. I have an incredible distrust and general dislike of everyone, along with mild anxiety. I don't see how a normalfag phony with a shitty diploma could ever change that. Like, what's even the point of a therapist when you know their gimmick?
>>
File: 1457265280656.gif (362 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1457265280656.gif
362 KB, 475x347
>>27079579
My family keeps asking me to go to therapist, psychiatrist or whatever they're called, and therapy groups. This Christmas they tried to make me go to a hypnosis therapy

And I did go to three different experts when I was young. They're all bullshit, made for normies who know nothing about themselves and just need a pat in the back to be reassured about themselves
Except for severe mental issues, any person can just sit for a moment think about their own lives find out what's wrong with them and at least, figure out the solution. No amount of encouraging words will make you improve if you don't want to, or just cant
>>
>>27082185
This is objectively right. Except that people screwed in the head can tell they're not ok

t. schyzoboy
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.