[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >fail 1 year engineering >fail 1 1/2 year computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1457447587840.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457447587840.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>be me
>fail 1 year engineering
>fail 1 1/2 year computer science

This wasn't how it was supposed to be...
>>
good job boi
>>
I thought about going back to my original plan.

Becoming a nurse and then a medic.

Or just keep pushing through until I eventually finish my degree.
>>
>>27079348
this is actually not a bad idea. nursing jobs are absolutely exploding at the moment. forget the STEM meme.
>>
>>27079432
When I finished school my 1st plan was to become a male nurse, then start med-school.

But I let myself be pressured by my own thoughts and family to start studying right off the bat and ended up with a subject I couldn't learn to love and the same shit again...my self - esteem feels fucking crushed and I'm permanently broke as fuck and hate myself.
>>
>>27079450
I thought you needed to study first to become a nurse? That's how it works in aus, my cousin's doing it, and there is a lot of practical work involved but it is still a degree.

Anyway, if nursing's what you want to do, if it's your bliss, then go ahead and fucking do it. All these things holding you back - ideas of prestige money, whatever - are all abstractions, products of the social organism trying to influence you into being a particular way. If you can get over that and find yourself doing what you love, none of that will matter anymore.

Besides, there are more male nurse than ever before (I think?), and even if there aren't many you'll probaby be around qts all day.
>>
nursing is a good idea. it's where all the robot-compatible girls are
>>
>>27079291
This webm makes me feel good inside.

I love tortoises.
>>
File: Bane Cruz.jpg (43 KB, 960x504) Image search: [Google]
Bane Cruz.jpg
43 KB, 960x504
>>27079508

Holy fuck this.

I used to go to an engineering college. Eg: no chicks. Except in nursing. 90% of the program was female. With 300 girls, a robot compatible girl is bound to be found in there.
>>
>>27079504
I'm from germany and though there are nursing degrees you still can do it as a "learned" profession and practically get money while learning the profession.

>>27079508
What do you mean?

>>27079539
Sometimes I just want to remember that there are also good things in the world.
>>
>>27079504
You can train on the job as an Auxilary nurse, it's a good way in for older people with a family and can't afford to go back to full time education. You have to do even more of the grunt work though.
>>
>>27079541
nurses also tend to be really batshit insane and almost all of the hot ones are single moms. be warned.
>>
File: HOT SALE.jpg (75 KB, 400x481) Image search: [Google]
HOT SALE.jpg
75 KB, 400x481
>>27079578

>nurses also tend to be really batshit insane

This is bad?

>almost all of the hot ones are single moms

Most of the ones that get back in at 25 are like this. You just gotta get past those and you're golden. Plus if you ever get sick you have a nurse gf.
>>
>>27079565
That's what I meant.

You can either get a degree or you can start working and learning the job right off the bat.

>>27079578
>>27079605
These desu senpai.
>>
If you're ok with sticking a catheter in a grown mans dick hole then nursing is for you. I dropped out of nursing school because I couldn't deal with that stuff.
>>
>>27079578
i think you're talking out of your arse mate
>>
>>27079640
I don't care, I'm just talking about the way to getting into med-school.

Nursing is sth close to that and it gives me work experience and some cash for the time being.
>>
File: 1457450198788.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457450198788.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Maybe I should just kill myself.

I feel like shit and my self - esteem is sings "down down down to the bottom of the sea".

I don't even know how to tell my family that...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.