[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong about being shy? why is it considered something bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1448946345698.png (211 KB, 517x614) Image search: [Google]
1448946345698.png
211 KB, 517x614
What's wrong about being shy? why is it considered something bad?
>>
File: 1456972529595.jpg (119 KB, 1091x774) Image search: [Google]
1456972529595.jpg
119 KB, 1091x774
only because the majority of people are "normal". there's nothing wrong with being shy. In fact people think I'm shy when in reality I just dislike most people and have no problem talking if I want to.
>>
>>27074754
Nothing wrong with it, but if can't communicate to people at all that's kind of a problem
>>
>>27074754
Well, depending on your age, it shows a lack of social development. Essentially it is a justification for mistreatment, assigned to you by any and all that are able to function normally within society.

If you are shy/unable to socialize properly in [the current year] you are a failure. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>27074800
>>27074805
>>27074820
Well when i was 7 my mom put me on anti-depressants

I'm 24 now and still take them.
They fucked up my brain tho, i don't even know who i am.
>>
>>27075023
had them when I was younger. Those are pure evil. get off them and things will go back to normal. not on their own, you need to make things normal again. sorta worked for me but I know deep down they changed me a bit.
>>
it's only bad in the us
>>
>>27074754

Literally all of human social popularity boils down to how good you make other people feel. If you're shy, the you can't really do that very well.
>>
>>27075042
I have taken literally almost all of anti-drepressants, suffered for various side effects, ones that were horrble.

And all of these just because i was shy.
I can barely see, my brain pulsates sometimes.

I will probably die soon, but i swear if reincairnation is a thing, i will end this sick shit they do to children.
>>
the social norm is to be immediately entertaining to everyone. You can'r be entertaining if you're shy
>>
it's not considered bad at all in a lot of countries but it is a fucking death sentence and a half in the US
>>
>>27074754
Because you have to be able to interact with people to get shit done
>>
>>27074820
I never thought I was supposed to speak up or make lots of noise or draw any attention to myself, to the point that it became an obsession for me and now I have autism. So yeah, there can be something wrong with being shy, and it's not like it's some beautiful character trait like how they glorify it on tumblr, some people are just shy for fucks sake.
>>
People don't like shyness because it's literally a sign of taking yourself too seriously. Think about that for a second.

We are engulfed in a normie communicative biosphere. Everything we do, say, act is a reflection of our contribution to our communicative environment. Even being a shy fag and not saying much is a form of communication. Only that this particular form of communication comes across as "you're not good enough to hear what I have to say" or "I suck at interaction so I'm gonna shut up and act like you're not important."

The normie cognitive processes work in mysterious ways. Every action, every behavior, every act of interaction is placed in the context of this communicative atmosphere that we share. If you don't do your part, then you're seen as either a useless cog in the machine or an unwilling, arrogant asshat. Either way, you lose.

My advice to you would be to take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Then bitch slap yourself. Hard. Because if you continue to fail to see the errors of your shy ways, then that's how society is going to treat you for the rest of your life. Might as well get used to it.
>>
People don't like shy people because the less you talk or want to be talked to the less they can talk to you and hear the sound of their own voices and self-fellate themelves
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.