[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No dad thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 960x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 960x622
Any of you robots grow up without your dad around?

I'm relatively a normie. I have a job, gf, college degree, but my dad was a meth addict and I haven't seen him since I was 9 years old. My stepfather was abusive and wasn't really home that often because he was out screwing around on my mom. I'm 22 now and it's just now starting to hit me how much I missed out on by not having a dad. I can't really mention my shitty childhood to people at work, because honestly who wants to hear about that shit, so it's always awkward when people start asking questions about my family.

I usually skirt around the subject or just straight up lie. What really hits me though is when people start talking about their dads. This guy at work and I were talking about being in cub scouts when we were kids, and he mentioned that he enjoyed the pinewood derby because he got to spend time with his dad. This immediately reminded me of when I did the pinewood derby with my dad, and how this was one of the last things I did with him before everything went to shit.

I ended up crying on the drive home. So much I never learned about being a man. I don't know how my gf hasn't realized I'm a giant pussy by now. I never learned how to stand up for myself. Nobody taught me how to shave or to play sports. Nobody to help me develop any sort of masculine hobbies or attributes. No person to turn to for masculine advice. I can't relate to other men very well.

Obviously I can't change the fact that my dad was a piece of shit, and I need to work to fix these things myself, but it still makes me sad that I missed out on it.

Be thankful for your dads those of you who still see or contact your dad regularly.

Surely here of all places some of you can relate.
>>
>>27074433
didn't read, loser
>>
No father on birth certificate, so grown up with literally no male influence. Probably explains why I'm an emotional wreck. Not homo tho
>>
>>27074433
You know where to go m8. Il show you the way just out of courtesy >>>/pol
>>
>>27074433
My dad was absent practically my entire childhood, I feel like i missed out. It's honestly irrelevant, wouldn't change anything. Perhaps, it was better for us to be without a dad.
>>
>>27074433

>it still makes me sad that I missed out on it.

oh woe is you OP, you get no sympathy from us, Norman
>>
>>27074433
mom and dad split when I was 3
he died when I was 14 after he remarried some black roastie whore who tried to keep everything

I can relate
>>
my dad cheated on my mom. my mom took off and took me and my 2 brothers with her. she raised us while my father just decided to make a 2nd family.

i love my mother, she later re married, and her husbands favorite words to say were "theyre not my kids, i already raised mine".

sometimes i get prety sad about it. when i look at my nephew and see him with my brother in law, how a true father son relationship should be. can mess with each other, go to each other for help, ask for girl help.

my whole childhood i just played games. my mom was always working, my step dad wanted nothing to do with me. my brothers each had their own social circle. i was the littlest one, always left alone.

my father has tried contacting me, trying to get me in his life. nearly 20 years later. idk why im typing all this. i cant be jealous of something i never got to experience, right?

i turned out relatively i suppose. im alive. i just feel like i missed out on a childhood. i didnt grow up into a proper adult.
>>
>>27074536
Was your mom that much of a slut that she didn't even know who your father was?
>>
>>27074433
I feel you OP. My dad died in car accident when i was 9 years old, also im as same age as you. My mom had to carry all the burden, sometimes when i think what she went through makes me keep going on and not going suicidal. I had to learn all the lessons on hard way, beat the shit out of other spoiled kids just to earn my place. I dislike talking about my family, i never talk about them unless i feel really close to that person, they are almost nonexistent. I wish I knew more about him, i wish i knew his favorite team and so on.

Anyway, If i were you OP, I'd find him and beat the shit out of him so he knew what I went through. Probably, you wont do this because you are from the states and the way of doing things its not like this(t-tthanks balkans).. Good luck
>>
>>27074433
>gf

You managed fine, fuck you
>>
Holy cow, I didn't know we had other Catholics on this board, what's good family?
>>
File: mabinogi_succubus_A.png (165 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
mabinogi_succubus_A.png
165 KB, 560x800
My dad wasnt around a whole lot but he tried.
He killed himself when I was 10 so no ive never had much for a dad
>>
File: 1434275247816.jpg (50 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
1434275247816.jpg
50 KB, 505x505
>>27074433
I feel ya, brother. Similar situation, though I never had a stepfather. I was actually from Family #2 for my pops. He's on Family #3 now and he really loves his daughter.

Sometimes, it makes me so angry when I think about what I missed out on growing up. Seeing other kids talking to their dads seemed so weird. Fictional.

But now I'm old enough to be a dad if I wanted. I wouldn't do it though. I couldn't take the risk that I might be responsible for making a kid who's as messed up as me.
>>
>Deus may or may not vult
I fucking died Oniichan
>>
File: 1453944525467.jpg (12 KB, 327x263) Image search: [Google]
1453944525467.jpg
12 KB, 327x263
> vaguely remember my dad existing and being dad like I remember riding on the back of a motercycle before 5?
> one day screaming and banging furniture
> assume they are playing adult roller coaster (always jelly of not being included)
> one day no dad
> move to trailer next to fav cuz
> watch power rangers
> hear screaming
> see if dad
> just fav cuzes mom
> watch more power rangers
> move to "aunt vickys house" she was black so I was confused as fuck (turns out it was a halfway house and my mom would rather us all be homeless than live near my aunt)
> move to new apparent and instantly run upsairs and choose my room.
> me my mom and olde brother sleep in there for the night with only neck pillows.
> i grow up with no father figure and learn guy stuff on tv and learn how to act from tv and mom
> shit happens and years later I realize that I never had a father figure
> get a little brother and have to share room with big brother
> more shit happens and now I am living with my fav cuz with my aunt and uncle.
> older brother in prison
> now have the best father figure I could possibly want growing up
> he is trying to help me and my little brother start a new life
>>
Parents divorced when I was a baby but saw him from time to time until me and moms moved out of the country. Saw him after that, once, and he proved to be a manipulative douchebag that used me as a pawn in some sick game with his current wife.

Then I caught him cheating on his current wife.

Then he drunkenly tried to explain to me how "life is difficult" as we sat in his car, parked in front of his lover's house.

When I said goodbye I walked away and didn't look back.

Haven't look back since, but sometimes I think about him, from a "how much did he fuck me up" perspective.

I'm a serial cheater. Cheated on gf's, cheated on my ex wife, will probably cheat on current girl if the opportunity arises.

>TL;DR cheating dad's asshole genes got inherited by offspring.
>>
>>27074433
My dad was an ok guy but he was a wigger and had no real intension of raising kids so he left me with mum most of the time.
he was an ok guy though I hung out with him from time to time.
>>
>>27074433
He's gone and it sucks and deal with it

from one dadless bro to another

It could be worse, you could be an orphan in africa so take it and move on and hit the gym I guess lol
>>
>>27078090
IKTF about vaguely remembering dad existing
>used to play in the snow with daddy
>leave for California
>I almost ask mommy where daddy is but my gut tells me to STFU
my dad is an unreliable shitbag now at 24. he said he would send me $100 for christmas but the check is still in the mail according to him
>>
>>27078314
>It could be worse
Fuck off normalshit. Nobody cares about starving nigger babies beyond liking Facebook statuses about them.
>>
>tfw dad's in the army

wew lads
>>
>>27078277
>he blames his own cheating on his dad cheating
Way to not take the blame dumbass. Rot in hell white trash
>>
>>27074776
OP here, sometimes I think this as well. I feel like learning these lessons on my own gives me a better understanding of what makes the man and what doesn't. Someone who grew up with a decent father just had this handed to them and they likely took it for granted.

>>27076361
I don't know how much blame I can really put on him anymore. The saddest part about all of it to me is I don't really have any bad memories of him. I think he wanted to be a good father at some point but then he became a drug addict. He was playing with fire I guess. If there's anyone I would beat the shit out of it would be my stepdad. Oh man that would feel great. I don't want to go to jail though, but if I thought I could get away with it, and if he didn't live several states away, I'd do it.

>>27076999
Man I know these feelings. I can't even relate to people talking about their dads. I'm afraid of having kids too. I'm afraid to get married as well. It seems like they all just end in terrible, angry divorce. I don't want to put myself, or someone else through that. I would especially hate for kids to be involved. I'm as afraid of taking on the responsibility as I am of just ruining their lives.

>>27078314
I mean obviously I've been dealing with it. As I said I think I'm doing okay for myself, just every now and then it hits me. Makes me sad and angry that I missed out on this experience that most people can relate to, and I'll never get to have it. Also it could be worse is a dumb argument for anything. With that logic nobody in a first world country should do anything to better themselves.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.