[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been three days of exercise and eating healthy, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 1432792681590.gif (15 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1432792681590.gif
15 KB, 633x758
It's been three days of exercise and eating healthy, and nothing's happening yet except I'm tired, sore, and hungry all the time. When am I supposed to feel good from this? I felt better when I wasn't doing these things desu.
>>
>>27074203
You feel good because you worry more about sore muscles than actual problems.
>>
>>27074203
Kill yourself. You're worthless. Actually, you're so worthless and your life so boring that you wouldn't even kill yourself.

Keep working at it and you'll start losing 1-2(3?) pounds a week depending on how fat you are.
>>
>>27074203
>three days
try that intermittent fasting shit, if you have a sliver of willpower kek
>>
>think you are going to fix years of damage in three days
>>
>>27074203
It gets easier. You gotta do it every day, that's the hard part. But it does get easier.
>>
>>27074203

I lost 160 pounds 295 to 135

Focus your first few months solely on changing your eating habits and cut back on the obvious shit and restrict caloric intake. It will melt off fast. Once you get to a manageable weight, then start exercise.
>>
>>27074203
Just get lipo suction and get it over with quicker
>>
>>27074203
If you're super fat, working out is only going to hurt you until you reach a certain weight. I'm not saying don't take a walk or lift small weights, but don't go crazy and start running and hurting yourself.

I used to be 440 pounds and now I'm a little under 300. It's really just eating healthier, no sugars, no carbs.

I'm sorry anon but you're probably not going to feel better for quite some time. Once you lose a good bit of weight, you'll start to notice differences. They're not immediate and you're going to feel like shit for a while.
>>
Try three months.
>>
>>27074203
Give it more than three days.
>>
File: 1451611883001.gif (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451611883001.gif
70 KB, 600x600
>>27074203
Its a sign its not working out, if you feel bad and not made progress in 24 hours then you aren't made to exercise. Don't push your body to do something it responds negatively to or it will be strained and damaged in future. Changing your diet suddenly can make you feel ill too.
>>
>>27074215
so it is just shitty escapism?
i have better escapism like video games.
>>
>>27074203
TRY 3 YEARS
heheh fuckin cya in the future dude
>>
>>27074203

How stupid were you, to think that doing the things that you body evolved to minimize doing would make you feel anything but worse?

Even if you lose weight down to a "normal" level and get /fit/, the only good feelings you get are a rush of chemicals equivalent to what you could get from winning a video game or eating cake.

Be sure to keep buying your monthly meme-bership at the Fitness Jew.
>>
Feeling tired, sore, and hungry for the rest of your life is the point. What the fuck did you think we meant by "feel the burn?"
>>
File: 1450393103903.jpg (417 KB, 2048x2900) Image search: [Google]
1450393103903.jpg
417 KB, 2048x2900
people say it takes about 4 weeks to build a new habit. once its a habit you do it more naturally like muscle memory. the first month is tough, but once you standardize it then it becomes a routine. then what feels painful does start to become something natural and relaxing. youll look towards the progress you're making to undo the damage you did to your body
>>
>>27074203
Three days in too, already feeling my clothes loosen up. Eat proteins and fats to stay full m8.
>>
Don't worry, OP. Just remember to keep increasing the difficulty/weight/length of your exercises, so you stay in a constant state of "tired, sore, and hungry" for the next two or three years. Then, you'll be a thin robot, with a body that aches constantly to distract you from your loneliness.
>>
Go vegan , OP.
>>
>>27074203
You start to feel better about 2-4 weeks in when you realise the cravings have stopped and when you notice the weight loss. Weigh yourself once a week, eat on a caloric deficit. If you're like 300lbs I wouldnt exercise much until you can but if you're like mid 200's start strength training. It helps you lose fat faster and makes you stronger. Sorry for rant AMA im 165 down from 230 since September
>>
It's because you're going through withdrawal. It feels shitty to quit heroin too but you gotta do it to feel better. Mind over matter. Don't give up.
>>
>>27074497

Why the fuck did you think normies do it?
>>
>>27074203
Check out fat hate threads on /fit/ theyre good motivation >>36337400
>>
>>27074203
It takes 6 weeks for people who don't see you everyday to see a difference and 12 for people who do see you that often. You yourself should feel better in about 2 weeks after you clean up your diet. Focus on things like the elipitcal for now and eat lots of protein to preserve any muscle mass you have built up lugging around all that weight.

Once you get to a healthy overweight range, start doing compound exercises like Squat, Deadlift and Benchpress. The 5 x 5 program they have linked on /fit/ would be perfect. Once you start building up strength and you start to notice imbalances do accessory exercises that will correct these things. I.E. Cable pullthroughs for hip extension on Squat and Deadlift and Rack Presses for lockout on benchpress.

After you hit around 225 on these lifts (More attainable than it seems right now) take a break from the heavy lifitng and focus on Bodybuilding because this will put on some more muscle and increase your work capacity.

Eventually, I would reccomend Squat Every Day by Cory Gregory as well as his Anabolic Fastind diet. Your strength will skyrocket and you will be unrecognizable. You will have all the femanons and you will look and feel better and live longer and build a dynasty :)
>>
>>27074203
>three days

top kek you just started, and feeling hungry is a good thing. give it two weeks at least, and you should at least see some progress within a month depending on how hard you try
>>
please keep lifting or I have to question whether or not I really enjoy not eating good food in excess and lifting and I have to start wondering why every /fit/ guy I know who "made it" still knows that feel when no gf.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>27074203
It's just hard at first op. One you build the habit it won't feel terrible You will begin to enjoy it and how you feel. Hang in there!
>>
>>27074203
Exercise is a meme. Just sit on your ass and eat oats and chicken breasts and you'll become "ripped" in no time. Nobody really cares how big your muscles are, only how visible they are (which is based on body fat and nothing else).
>>
So, what I'm getting from this thread is that exercise is just something that sucks until you brainwash yourself into liking it over a few months, and not something that's actually enjoyable.
>>
>>27074203
Just get a nice fitbit or a pebble watch with the misfit app and complete the "circle" every day. 1 circle is 10000 steps which is supposedly the average. I found, as a superfat stoner, I barely broke 5k a day. Now I usually walk on the treadmill just enough to get my 10k steps if I'm lacking around 8pm.

Lost about 30lbs so far. My legs hurt but I feel a lot better. Way more energy. I find getting up and around after a long night's sleep is more enjoyable than just slobbing around all day on the couch or computer. Gets me up, and I like the circle on the watch (fitbit surge or pebble). Really helps motivate me to finish it since I check it every day. I can sync it up to my phone, connect that to myfitnesspal app, and it can count my steps as exercise calories. Usually adds an extra 500 calories I can eat and I've still been losing weight!

The smartwatch is nice too, a little autistic but at least I'd rather look like an autist than a fatter one
>>
>>27075766
>>27076295

Start by doing what >>27076295 said and then move on to the other post. Even walking has tremendous benefits. Just do something, vidya is nice but it has to be part of a balanced lifestyle to truly appreciate.
>>
I enjoyed gym from the first day. Maybe you're irreparably fat. I was a lanklet so I had to work my ass off to gain weight. My entire week is ruined if I miss a single day though. I also do yoga, ashtange has qt bitches but is a real discipline with no feels bullshit. It's the exact same routine every day for years with no changes allowed ever. It's basiclaly yoga for autists, and is extremely technical with looking at your thumb and squeezing your butthole and being strong. Ashtanga is best yoga.
>>
>>27076254
why did you expect it to be enjoyable
its about looking like a human being instead of Jabba the Hut
>>
So I'm 6'6 370 lbs, and what I've gotten from this thread is that I should stop doing couch to 5k, and focus on lifting and walking? If so, why?
>>
>>27076453
Long term you will have no muscle mass and you will go from a big fatass to a little fatass. Not trying to make fun of you but without some type of resistance training (Even Yoga is good!) then you won't have any appreciable changes to your physique except said big fat to skinny fat.
>>
>>27074203
>three days
>THREE DAYS
Of course you'll still feel like shit in 3 days, give it a few weeks and you'll be looking better.
Dieting and exercising are pretty much always gonna suck. The reward is that you look better and are more confident.
>>
>>27076254
It's sorta like brainwashing I guess, just it's not that negative sounding. Consider the fact that you're a morbidly obese FAT FUCK, you NEED a brainwash. Your mind is fucked in quantities. What you eat is triple what the average human eats, or you eat 3x as often which is just as bad.

Habit forming is brainwashing in a positive light. You exercise for 21 days and your mind will have accepted the task and you will feel regretful "skipping" a day after that. If you smoked cigarettes for 21 days, you'd probably want to keep doing it too.

Just exercise for 21 days. 3 weeks. After that your mind will like it. Why is your mind liking exercise a bad thing, anyway?
>>
>>27076453

Have you seen the average runner? 5k is considered short distance, but even then they still look like shit. Eat DNP to about 180lbs, then put all the test, tren, and deca you can hold in your ass and eat a bowl of dbol every day until you're 240lbs. Running fucking sucks unless you just love running. I enjoy it but I don't pretend it's doing me any good and get my lifting out of the way first. Walking is worthless and does nothing though. If you are so out of shape you can't walk a few miles just sudoku already, it's not exercise, it's just part of daily life.
>>
>>27074203
I've lost 170 lbs so far. Grow accustom to the feeling of having a little less energy than you need. That means your body has to outsource the energy need from your body fat.

Finding comfort in the discomfort of your actions will see you to your goal.
>>
>>27076487
What kind of resistance training would you suggest? Yoga, or something else?

>>27076535
>DNP
>tren
>deca
>dbol

What do these mean?
>>
File: bw spear throwing.jpg (74 KB, 640x466) Image search: [Google]
bw spear throwing.jpg
74 KB, 640x466
That 170 lbs came off by eating small portions, like what you'd feed a slave or a sedentary tiny Asian woman, and walking at least once a week for progressively longer periods.

I started the walks at night because I was self conscious. I'd walk at 3am around my streets. I have a fucked up ankle joint from a childhood injury but I'd rather damage that more than stay a fat fuck.

170 god damn pounds. I didn't weigh myself until the first 100lbs came off. My reason was that I didn't think I lost much weight yet. I was expecting 20lbs lost. Evidence that my mind was fucked and needed work too just like my body.

Diet was small portions at first. Little asian lady portions. That was the first challenge and as I got better at only eating small, I added more challenge by eating less sugars in all forms. So my focus for the week or month became cutting out soda's completely and learning to like water. That got easy eventually so I did it with chips. Chips of any sort... fuck'm and just refuse. Eventually I did that with breads just to see if I'd feel better that way. I was left with vegetables and meat. Felt the best at that point. Energy was a whole different experience. I slept deeper, was alert all fucking day and never got tired...

The hardest part was the walks. I'd try for a week to get out of the house before I'd go for a walk. I was so scarred of people seeing me as they drove by. I might then not go for another walk for a week. I kept wanting to do it so the week long breaks became less and less over time. Eventually I'd challenge myself to try to go out during the daylight. My sleep was all fucked up so I'd go at 4am and catch the sunrise at 5.

>>27076535
The fuck you talking about "walking is worthless." Bitch, 170lbs of fat gone from walks and portion control.
>>
>>27074203
Make it a month, why not? What else are you going to do? People laugh at fat people when you're not looking. Use your burning shame to get better
>>
>>27076681

They mean drugs. Do drugs and you will get whatever you want. I don't know what the other guy suggests but I like stronglifts then dicking around until you get a basic understanding of gym shit and designing you're own brosplit or PPL.

>>27076836

I'm thinking it's portion control that did most of the work. I've been walking since before I could even talk or read. Walking doesn't do shit but get you from point A to point B.
>>
>>27076888
chequeued
>>
>>27076912
It was mostly portion control, I agree.

I was nearly a completely sedentary NEET so a walk was a big calorie drain to that lifestyle. Especially at 400lbs. If this dude was close to as fat as that then it'll work wonders to speed up his weight loss till he's down to 275lbs. That's when I needed to add in extra work like lifting.

I wish I had lifted from the start though.

Being on this board he may also have the destroyed self confidence many of us have/have had which makes going to the gym or even the store a mental strain. A walk at night maybe his only short term challenge that is possible to his perspective.
>>
>>27074319
440 lbs... how the fuck do you even let yourself get to that point? I'm 215 and I consider myself fat. I can't even fathom weighing double that.
>>
>>27074203
>Three days
>>
>tfw you're eating better
>you lost weight
>tfw it just made you even more insecure about your all your flaws

I'd go back to being the weight I was if it meant I didn't have to fucking worry about everything all the fucking time

Fuck this
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.