[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people find silence / quietness offensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 481x306) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 481x306
Why do people find silence / quietness offensive?
>>
People can't read you and assume the worst. It's not rational but people aren't rational. This should be obvious to all robots.
>>
they dont, you're probably just weird.
>>
>>27072183
This isn't true. According to my sister she's said it for years when someone doesn't talk or communicate it's always a creepy turn off.
>>
File: _82782178217281.png (611 KB, 888x722) Image search: [Google]
_82782178217281.png
611 KB, 888x722
>>27071553
Because they're bastards.
>>
Silence is golden.

>Can take you out of tough situations
>Can support shit without actually exposing you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IizvuRRMvo
>>
>>27071553
Because for the majority of people talking is the "default" mode. Plus, assuming you live in the US or Canada, everyone is talkative as fuck and always wants to get on your fucking dick. So not talking is seen as resistance or coldness.
>>
>>27071553
Because modern society is a barrage of noise and talking and stimulus in general. Silence seems out of place and is jarring
>>
>>27071553
For most personality types talking is the default mode and silence implies that something is wrong.
>>
File: 20 - 8SEiFxy.jpg (116 KB, 1228x868) Image search: [Google]
20 - 8SEiFxy.jpg
116 KB, 1228x868
It's because people don't understand the virtue of silence.

Nowadays we have kids being constantly drilled with all these useless memes and platitudes like "Just Be Urself" "Speak Ur Mind" and other garbage like that. It sounds nice but in reality it creates a generation of loud fucks who genuinely believe that whenever they have something to say, they just NEED to say it no matter what. And with social media being so widespread this attitude is even worse.
>>
File: 1333053705012.jpg (54 KB, 334x327) Image search: [Google]
1333053705012.jpg
54 KB, 334x327
>Be quiet
>People assume I'm thinking racist thoughts
>>
>>27072603
>tfw you see lil Washu posted
>>
>>27072603
It could've been worse, I had people sincerely ask me if I was mentally ill or was going to shoot up the school
>>
File: 1457497332476.jpg (20 KB, 626x354) Image search: [Google]
1457497332476.jpg
20 KB, 626x354
>>27072562
>"Speak Ur Mind"
>>27072562
>a generation of loud fucks who genuinely believe that whenever they have something to say, they just NEED to say it no matter what.

Ohhhh, kill em. Please. Or at least remove their tongues. Give them back when they learn how to use them.
>>
>>27072658
>people ask me if I was mentally ill
This happened to me tbqh.
>>
I hate silence because making people laugh is the only thing that makes me feel good about myself

I'm a piece of Normie shit
>>
Humans are social creatures

This is like asking why chimpanzees get pissed when you smile at them, or staring at a dog
>>
>All this nerdsplaining
They know you'be a timid mouse. They're using it as an excuse to bully you. Because you're weak.
>>
File: 1359429338083.jpg (63 KB, 674x433) Image search: [Google]
1359429338083.jpg
63 KB, 674x433
> release our product today, making my rounds to verify information
> walk into pod
> a hush falls over the group
> "uh oh, look who's here"
> well hi to you too jackass
> "is everything alright anon?"
> respond yeah, just looking for FatFuckManager, who hasn't turned around yet to talk
> cough loudly
> "oh anon, I didn't see you there"
> "anon's quiet, gotta pay attention"
> rage of 1000 suns boiling under but I ask my question and leave

Sorry for trying to get your broken shit out of the door so we can get paid. Fuck everything. When can I commit sudoku?
>>
File: WSPepe.jpg (77 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
WSPepe.jpg
77 KB, 409x409
>"I don't give a fuck, I'm open about everything, you know me."

Then they expect reciprocation, and when it doesn't come, they mark you for bitter, cold, hateful, etc. "Everyone else is intimate and trusting upon meeting, why aren't you?"

>>27073125
They have no respect for earning a living and keeping that living quiet. I wish I knew of a culture where that was different.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.