[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to cook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11
File: 1592564_700b.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1592564_700b.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
Like seriously robots, I need to learn how to cook some basic things, drop some easy recipes that the typical robot can make by himself. No tendies or microwaveable shit. Pure cooking.
>>
>>27071333
Fruity Pebbles: Pour Fruity Pebbles Tm into bowl and pour in your favorite beverage. I like classic ice water. Get a spoon and enjoy!
>>
>>27071333
It's pretty easy honestly - if you can follow directions, you can cook.

Like, everyone thinks pizza is some tough thing to make yourself, but it's piss easy. Make flour, yeast and water to make the dough. Leave it to rise for a few hours. When it's risen up, put flour down on your counter and hands, and spread it out into a crust. Put it on your cookie sheet or pizza pan if you have one, add sauce, cheese and toppings, and cook in the stove til the cheese is melted. Easiest shit in the world.
>>
File: 1430878036860-i.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1430878036860-i.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>27071384
I asked for cooking recipes nigga, not this cereal soup shit.
>>
>>27071419
>mix flour, yeast and water

Spelling properly is not easy, however.
>>
File: 1421911540367.jpg (36 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1421911540367.jpg
36 KB, 400x388
I get some chicken breast, toss some spices on it, and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes. The skin is so crispy and tasty. Tastes like a restaurant meal. I know it's really simple and people probably cook something like that without a thought, but my parents were alcoholics so every dinner was burnt or rubbery. I always figured that nice food would be way out of my reach, in both skill and cost. It makes me feel good that I could cook up something so yummy.
>>
>>27071426
Burrito: Acquire ground beef and tortilla. Cook ground beef until not dangerous and put into tortilla. Add your favorite ingredients like peppers, salt, fruity pebbles, onions, etc.
>>
just throw shit together in a frying pan like chicken, onions, green pepper some sweet and spicy sauce bam stir fry. oh ya and rice on the side.
if you dont know how to make rice, read the bag. cooking is just throwing shit together and seeing if its good
>>
>>27071333

bagels and hummus

pepperjack grilled cheese

- buter toast on both sides
-two slices of pepperjack cheese
stove medium high, frying pan, spatchula, cook until one side is golden brown by checking on it, flip, and other side will cook faster than the first
> note: work on wrist technique for flipping spatchula
- ketchup optional
>>
Also, pasta is about the absolute easiest thing a guy can cook. It's cheap and you can do almost anything with it. I cook homemade alfredo all the time by just boiling some fettuccine, cooking some chicken breast, steaming a pack of broccoli in the microwave, and then just throwing it all together with alfredo sauce. It's the easiest shit in the world and tastes great.
>>
why not check /ck/
>>
look up online
if you don't know how to use an oven just google "how do i use an oven"
if you are really struggling download the manual from the manufacture website
EVERYTHING is online, cooking skills is overrated as fuck
>>
>>27071571
Because I'm too autistic to ask for shit on the other boards.
>>
>>27071524
Heat oil in frying pan, remove eggs from shells, put eggs in pan, wait till all white and solid. Congrats you made yourself some eggs.
Another one, boil water, add salt, put amount of noodles in you'd like, cook until they are soft. Congrats you made yourself some noodles.
>>
Egg
1: Crack open shell
2. Put stuff into hot pot
3. Let cook for 2 minutes
4. Eat
>>
File: 4W93N4W.png (575 KB, 431x590) Image search: [Google]
4W93N4W.png
575 KB, 431x590
Femanon here. This is what I did in college
>chop shit up in crock pop
>put shit in with broth
>press button
collect ez mode tasty shit in 6 hours
>>
pasta:

-big pot
-stove on high,
-boil water
-pour in pasta for 10 minutes
-look for a drainer to pour into
-add olive oil and salt for basic flavor

-if you want red sauce, pour into a bowl and cover it with a plate, microwave for minute, take out with oven kits because it is extremely hot, always cove because it makes a mess in the microwave

- if you want mac and cheese make a second pot on low medium heat
- tablespoon of butter
- whole/2 percent milk
-teaspoon flour
-mix
-dice havarti, swiss and colby jack cheese
- turn heat to medium to melt and whisk around using whisker
- add a little more milk
-add another tea spoon of flour, whisk some more
- let sit on heat to liquify and fully melt cheese
stir srained pasta into cheese pot and whisk together, then pour into bowl
>>
It amazes me people don't know how to make pasta. It's so fucking easy
>>
>>27071639

Bingity bangity

This bitch knows.
>>
http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/thai-red-curry-tofu-vegetables.aspx

I make that about once a week, so I can answer any questions you might have.
>>
>>27071738
you can even buy shit like the Fasta Pasta to make measuring and draining easy as fuck too
>>
>>27071543

>bagels and hummus

i have to try this

and the pepper jack grill cheese
>>
>>27071841

but you want good pasta, and seriously, the microwave mac has all sort of chemicals in it
>>
How do I cook a good steak or some other meat product besides putting hamburger meat on a foreman grill?
>>
cooking steak isn't difficult. just watch a YouTube video, it's very straightforward. theres different cuts so read about them online and learn how to cook each cut right

easiest is probably a sirloin steak, but they're pretty big cuts meant for like 2-4 people. rib eye or a NY strip steak are good for one person.

make some mashed potatoes and some broccoli for a side. both fairly easy.

just look how to make this stuff on youtube, write down the steps if you need to.
>>
>>27071911
>hamburger meat
>foreman grill
Well there are two mistakes right there
>>
>>27071333
/ck/ has a cookbook for lazy people online somewhere, you input every ingredient you have on you and it gives you a recipe. Forgot the url, you can ask /ck/ for it though.
>>
File: 33_0052_0011_16oz-Italian-e3.png (121 KB, 210x415) Image search: [Google]
33_0052_0011_16oz-Italian-e3.png
121 KB, 210x415
>>27071911

for chicken breast after you cut off the shit cartilage you want to get a rage glass dish and pour in kens italain salad dressing olive oil stuff and marinade both sides for bout 20 minutes. then put on some good seasoning mix you can buy at store , then cook properly on the GF grill
>>
>>27071924
How do you make mashed potatoes? Or prepare broccoli for that matter.
>>
>>27071911
>buy steak
>let sit at room temp for a little while before cooking
>pat dry, rub on salt and pepper and any other spices you desire
>cook over medium heat until you think it's done
>>
>>27072004
mash up potatoes or boil water and put the packet in jesus christ its the easiest thing in the world
>>
>>27071911
the most basic way is easy to understand

get the meat and put it in a plate, put some olive oil on it and rub it in on both sides. get some kosher salt and black pepper and cover each side of the steak. put your grill all the way up and once it's really hot put the steak on and leave it there for about 4-5 minutes, you want to sear it, not burn it, then do the same thing on the other side, like 3-4 minutes. then flip it he steak and turn your grill to like half the heat and let it sit. look up how to do the touch test to see how done the meat is,or get a electric food thermometer
>>
baked potato

oven 400
wash and scrub potoato
cut slit on top to steam, or else it will explode
place north south on oven rack for hour ten minutes
>>
>>27072004
>boil water and add potatoes
>cook until fork easily pierces potatoes, drain water
>mash potatoes with butter and milk
>add salt and pepper and anything else you like

>put a few inches of water in pot, bring to boil
>put broccoli in steam basket and put on pot
>lower heat to medium-low, cook for around five minutes then check
>fork should be able to pierce broccoli
>>
>>27072068
>or else it will explode

anon that sounds scary. I don't wanna
>>
Chef here, I didn't start to get into cooking until I was 17 years old so AMA I guess
>>
>>27071639
smugcollegepussy

I like it
>>
>>27072098

thats why you stab it and make a slit for the steam to vent on top
>>
File: 1448513130074.png (555 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448513130074.png
555 KB, 1000x1000
>tfw I'm the person who cooks dinner for my entire family every day.
I don't think the reality of fending for themselves has set in for my family since I told them I'm moving out next month. I've been cooking dinner everyday for like 4 years now and they just grew used to it.
>>
>>27072158

I've also noticed that of you don't place a potato parallel to the grooves of the rack the inside does not cook
>>
>>27071333
using the oven is easy mode for cooking, you can make a wide variety of foods this way with relatively little effort put in. Meats, veggies are ez-mode. I cook thing at 250F so everything i do sits in the oven for a good part of the day usually, depends on your preferences you might choose to cook food hotter for faster results. Stove top with the frying pan and boiling pots is super easy too. Steam veggies are super easy, making stews.
>>
>>27072004
>>27072096
for broccoli you don't even need one of those steam things, I just put some water in a pan and get the water to boil then just throw the broccoli in with some salt. then just test how done it is with a fork. if a fork easily goes through it it's done. after that, drain it out, heat the pan up to medium heat, put some olive oil in the pan, put the broccoli back in and then add some teriyaki sauce and garlic powder and stir fry it a bit
>>
>>27072211
Muh nutrients, though.
>>
>>27072166
What do you usually cook for them by the way familia? Anything you wish to share?
>>
>>27072245
Are the nutrients lost that significant though?
>>
>>27072245
nutrients are for normies
>>
>>27072211
lemon juice + soy sauce = ponzu sauce

It's quite -- delicieux!
>>
>>27072283
I don't know, I've just always heard that steaming is best for retaining them.
>>
>>27072290
the fuck is ponzu sauce

sounds like something from hentai
>>
>>27072290
What does it go with?
>>
step 1: take 2 cups or so of water, put in pot with 1 cup rice and boil
step 2: cover and cook on low heat until it's tender
step 3: add cut up chicken and garlic to hot olive oil/butter in pan
step 4: cook chicken and add salt and pepper
there you go.
>>
>>27072311
well I'm not using like a pot full of water for broccoli, just like half an inch in a pan, they're not submerged in the water
>>
>>27072290
That's a bastardization of actual ponzu shoyu, but it probably still tastes fine.

>>27072328
Vegetables.
>>
>>27072358
shouldn't you boil the water first? that's how I always cook rice
>>
Any good soup recipes?
>>
>>27072383
I don't think it matters.
>>
I want to cook sweets because I'm a fat fuck do I just buy those packaged item that are basically just follow the instructions to make or is there other things I can get to make something good
>>
>>27072398
Split pea soup is very easy to make, and nutritious too.
>>
>>27072441
How make?
>>
>>27072437
sweets like what? like cinnamon bun? just buy the package of them and follow the instructions

I've never done it but I can imagine making stuff like that from scratch is a massive pain in the ass
>>
>>27072460
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/vegetarian-split-pea-soup
>>
>>27071543
Can confirm bagels and hummus are good. I used to eat hummus way to much, but stopped for no reason.

Although dude, ketchup with grilled cheese sandwitch? I am allergic to milk, so I would have no idea how this taste, but don't most "exquisite" people eat they toast with strange jellies or marinara sauce? (I like ketchup too much, but this combo sounds wierd).
>>
How would you make stew?
>>
>>27072528
that's like an all day process. look into croc pot stew recipes
>>
>>27072003
>http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/thai-red-curry-tofu-vegetables.aspx

Sounds bretty gud :DDDDDDD

>>27072003
Also works well with balsamic vinegar.
>>
You can literally do a casserole out of everything

>Nacho Casserole
1. Take some Nachos, so that your container gets up to 60 percent or so
2. cook a basic Chill (fry some minced meat in a pan, add some garlic and onions, add tomato sauce and beans ... you can basically throw in everything you like)
3. when everything is somewhat done (I prefer the meat to be cooked before you put everything in the oven) pour it over the nachos
4. throw cheese over your well-made artwork
5. put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius

>Pasta Casserole
Basically like above but with Pasta

you get the idea, dont you?
>>
File: faggot.gif (864 KB, 242x200) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
864 KB, 242x200
>>27072569
do it
no one will miss you
>>
>>27072568
>200 degrees Celsius

fucking euros GET OUT
>>
>>27072569
Time stamp plz.

origami commento
>>
Pull up YouTube, type in how to cook, profit
>>
File: 0840584305.gif (179 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
0840584305.gif
179 KB, 600x408
>>27072569
do it faggot, nothing of value will be lost
>>
>>27072569
Post a recipe and maybe I'll consider
>>
>>27071639
>femanon here
LITERALLY IRRELEVANT
LEAVE NOOOOW
>>
File: 1457653222925.png (832 KB, 1188x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457653222925.png
832 KB, 1188x1080
>>27072260
anything I personally feel like trying really. tried a Salisbury steak recipe about 6 months ago and they've loved the shit out of it.
>>
File: 1451323599104.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451323599104.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
If you're prone to frustration like I am, I suggest focusing on stews, curries, soups, and such. You won't really have to worry about food sticking, you don't have to babysit what's cooking on the stove, and you'll be making enough for leftovers the next day!
>>
>>27071333
>Quinoa like rice but way better
>2cup water to 1 cup quinoa
>Rinse
>pour in small pot with lid
> add bouillon cube + Thumb of butter
>Bring to boil then turn way down
>let simmer till rest of water is absorbed

> Pro skill use coconut milk instead of water
>>
>>27071333
I make an awesome, inexpensive bean dip which is always a hit when I organize meetings. Take one 750 ml container of fat-free plain yoghurt, one 500 ml can of refried pinto beans, and one 250 ml jar of salsa. Mix together and chill until firm. I like to add a bit of minced garlic, lime juice, and parmesan cheese too, for flavour, but you can add whatever spices you like. For an added treat, put a layer of shredded cheese on top. This dip goes good with tortilla chips, corn chips, and raw vegetables.
>>
>>27072383

If you're cooking pasta, yes. If you're cooking rice you let it sit in the cold water for 5-10 minutes, then turn on the heat and bring it to a boil, let it boil for about a minute or two, turn heat to low and cover.
>>
muh recipe,
>chop tomatos
>cook them in a pan with garlic and basil
>30 mins in, add some meat
>20 min more, is done
eat with pasta, you can always add onions and peppers and more things
>>
File: 1398795376290.png (398 KB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
1398795376290.png
398 KB, 640x349
>>27071333
How do you make burgers or chicken? I'd cook them myself but I'm afraid of getting my self infected from the raw meat.
>>
>>27073802
Buy a meat thermometer if you're so unsure.
>>
>>27073802
you can do a test one and time how much it takes to cook, like a few mins you cut it and see if its cooked, repeat if needed,
>>
>tfw everything i cook sucks and lacks any flavour
I just eat out now, I can't be bothered cooking anymore, I'm tired of wasting my money and cooking food that tastes like shit
>>
>>27071333
can of beans, rice cooker and cook some meat in the oven. Anyone can do it. Or eggs with whole wheat toast and hummus to spread on bed. Or smoothies. So much easy shit to cook out there.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.