[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accutane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Accutane for acne.jpg (52 KB, 798x621) Image search: [Google]
Accutane for acne.jpg
52 KB, 798x621
Has anyone here been on Accutane? I'm sick of having shitty acne in my 20's. I know Accutane is a bit of a controversial drug so I'm curious what your opinions are?
>is it worth it?
>side effects?
>does it help with scarring?
>how long do the effects last/will acne come back?
Also feel free to post before/afters
>>
>>27070650
I used oratane when I had bad acne. It seems to work the same as what your mentioning.

Oratane dried up my face and lips which is easy to fix with moisturizer. Pimples where fading within 3 days and gone within a week. I highly recommend it.
>>
On accutane currently, been on it since August. The side effects vary from person to person but everyone gets really dried out. The effects should last a few years to life, if it doesn't last you'll be put on anther round.

My acne made me feel like shit so anything that gets rid of it is worth it. I say go for it. I don't have deep acne scars but from what I understand they'll never go away completely, although chemical peels help.
>>
>>27070650
I was on accutane. Basically it dries out your skin for a few months, and your face is super red at all times. But it's definitely worth it man. Helps a lot with confidence. You don't even recognize yourself in the mirror, but in a good way.
>>
Worked for me, i used to have massive cystic swellings now i don't
Side effects: Need a chapstick with you
>>
>>27070650
>is it worth it?
hell yes. cleared my acne up in 6 months
>side effects?
dry skin is the only thing you need to worry about. get some hydrocortisone lip balm and some lotions and you'll be good
that depends on how severe your acne is. I have mild scarring and my acne was pretty bad
>how long do the effects last/will it come back?
I've been off it for almost a year and aside from some minor break outs, the acne never came back. just wash your face every day and you should be ok

go for it. accutane is a wonderful drug and I can actually look in the mirror now and not want to an hero
>>
>>27070650
A friend of mine got Crohn's Disease after taking it all through high school.
I mean there's a lot of possible side effects but if nothing else works for you and you have really bad acne I say go for it.
>>
File: 1453749160199.jpg (34 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1453749160199.jpg
34 KB, 612x380
>>27070650
Bare in mind the experience differs from person to person, but here's mine.

>is it worth it?
Absolutely not

>side effects?
Very very dry skin and lips cracking

Not even remotely

Didn't work for me so can't really answer this.
>>
What about stretch marks? got those things everywhere.
>>
>accutane
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>27070847
Ask your parents for a power plate.
>>
>>27070847
>What about stretch marks?
You can't get rid of those. I have some stretch marks on my sides and I've tried to make the fade a little with cocoa butter, but it didn't give any results. And that seems to be the most popular remedy. There's other stupid shit like rubbing lemons, but you'd have to be dumb to try that.

There's a cosmetic surgery that only makes them fade slightly.

So, they're permanent. Unless you're talking about the stretch marks you get after giving birth which those fade with time (source my mom).

I stopped giving a shit about mine desu
>>
>>27070847
I went to the dermatologist when I was younger because I had bad allergies and would get this gross rough skin.
They gave me some cream that basically peels your skin off over time and it also really helped my stretch marks but like >>27070977 said you can't get rid of them.
>>
OP here, I should also mention I'm depressed/have anxiety
>>
>>27070650

yes when i was 17. being on it is rough but it does work. cleared up completely in maybe 5 months or so, i can't remember exactly. i'm 32 now and it did not come back. i occasionally get a single pimple once in a while but i consider that normie skin behaviour.

worth it for me, yes.
>>
>>27071097

discuss that with your doctor.
>>
File: Cool Kid.jpg (38 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
Cool Kid.jpg
38 KB, 396x385
>>27070650
Hello everynyan,
>is it worth it?
Depends on you priorities
>side effects?
Extra dry lips, simply smiling makes you bleed
Not with previous scarring.
It will come back, but in a much smaller amount
>>
>>27070650
Is that picture actually of accutane?
Because I feel like having the side effect of half your face shriveling up a noticeable amount kinda would outweigh the benefits
>>
>>27070650
i am currently on accutane and would strongly recommend it-

>is it worth it?
yes, it doesn't always clear up the acne right away but after the course (~6 months) its pretty permanent.
>side effects? it can fuck with your liver and you have to get blood tests. it most likely won't though and the only problem will be dryness, use lotion and chap stick frequently and you will be good to go. ( girls have to be on the pill and take pregnancy tests which really sucks but i guessing thats not a problem)
no
depends but is ideally permanent
>>
totally changed my life, i get laid a lot more easily, have a better career. no side effects. i still have weird pimples and bumps on my arms but they dont matter to me.
>>
Currently using it. It's pretty much worked, all facial acne is gone, most of my body acne is either gone or just discoloration now. Just one month left. Only major side effects have been really dry skin and limited night vision.

Doctor said there's about a 70% chance of it working permanently. If it doesn't I'm not doing it again.
>>
Accutane + Smoking Spice sent me to hospital, take care fellow crack heads.
>>
is it a cream or a pill?
>>
medfag here. accutance is kinda like a giant dosage of vitamin a

>is it worth it
i'd say so if you've tried other products and they haven't worked
>side effects
very rare to have liver damage (shitty diet while od'ing on vitamin a is bad), here's some other potential stuff
blurry vision or other visual changes
swelling of the bones
bone pain
poor appetite
dizziness
nausea and vomiting
sensitivity to sunlight
dry, rough skin
itchy or peeling skin
cracked fingernails
skin cracks at the corners of your mouth
mouth ulcers
yellowed skin (jaundice)
hair loss
respiratory infection
confusion
>does it help with scarring
nope, vitamin a helps you grow new skin cells, not get rid of old ones. get something like a tretinoin lotion for that.
>how long do the effects last/will acne come back
it really depends on the person. in some specific cases the person never figures out what was causing their acne in the first place. generally if you end when you're around 18 (the late stages of puberty), you'r probably safe. but if your acne was caused by bacteria, not hormones, you might have it come back although you can prevent it by initial cleansing.
>>
>>27072126
pills, senpai
>>
>>27070650
>>is it worth it?
Yes. It really works. But the first months are the worst. After your 3th month its an exponential upward graph.

>>side effects?
Very very dry lips and skin. Especially lips. Skin can easily be solved with applying some moisturizing, but the lips uh uh expect to carry a lip balm with you at all times. The only one that works are the ones from the brand Carmex
>>does it help with scarring?
Yes, but little. It takes time for scarring.
>>how long do the effects last/will acne come back?
It depends anon. I took it for 1 year, and it went away, then i was 1 year acne free, but it came back. My dermatologist said i was a rare case because very few have to take it for a second or third time. I started in october 2015 and i will finish it on october 2016. According to my dermatologist to be effective you need to consume your weight in mass of isotretoin, which is equivalent to 1 year. So far Im clean. Havent had any break outs, and just have 1 small pimple right now
>Also feel free to post before/afters
I wish but i wouldnt want to look at those pics when i had shitskin, too painful. Id post a current but pictures never truly show my infinite scars.
>>
>is it worth it?
Yes

>side effects?
Cracked lips, dry skin, managable with lip balm and sunscreen.

No.

Forever, you might get the odd pimple.
>>
>>27070650
The depression is what's the worst part

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suicide-pilots-mom-blames-accutane/
>>
>>27071798
Now that was just weird
>>
I think it fucked up my kidney for a year or two, but at least I don't have acne scars.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.