[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /instrument fag/ here? what do you play? why? how long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Unknown.jpg (1 KB, 51x55) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
1 KB, 51x55
who else /instrument fag/ here?
what do you play? why? how long have you played it?
>viola, cello and drum fag
>viola for 7 years, drums for 3
>love classical music but also fell in love with jazz drumming
>>
File: 1455749229095.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455749229095.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
synth programming
your limited, i can play around with the whole spectrum
>>
>>27069653
The Cello is an amazing instrument
One day I'd like to learn how to play it

Right now I just play guitar and bass. Working on a demo right now, hoping it'll sky rocket into something big enough for me to afford figmas and a new ona hole.
>>
I play piano. I'm 28 and have been playing it off and on for about 20 years. For the past few years I've been real lazy about it, but just recently I picked it up again; trying to learn this piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Pgp0-HrwI
>>
>Bass 10 years
>guitar 10 years
>drums 8
>Piano less than a year (teaching myself)

When I first started playing it was something to do, it turned into an emotional outlet when I got sad. Playing in bands let me feel like I was actually contributing. It's been a long time since I've been apart of something, but when old friends get together to play, everything seems alright.
>>
>>27070698
op here, the cello is my ultimate instrument to let out all of the sad feelings you know
>>27070400
the cello is hard in a way but its a beautiful instrument to play i love the sound of it
>>
>>27069708
Your grammar is clearly limited you illiterate

Saxophone, double bass, and synth fag here. Anyone like Midwestern emo and want to start an internet band
>>
>>27070753
The Cello seems like it would be good for that. I wish I had picked up the piano sooner, just so I could really lose myself in playing for a bit .
>>
>>27070993
got the cello is perfect for it, your whole body gets into it. bach will always be my cello venting go to

>>27070954
synth seems so cool to me and god i love the sax
>>
>>27071102
Thanks lad, i main on baritone saxophone, the biggest and best of the common sax family
>>
>play viola for a year in 5th grade
>really miss it
>finally buy one last year
>work on teaching myself basic chords and progressing through a book
>practice daily for a few weeks
>barely touch it since
Feels really bad. I can't make myself practice or even open the case. Plus my fingers ache very quickly, maybe depending on the position I have them in for chords, which could be a deterring factor. Fuck.
>>
>>27071172
gggggggoooooood serenade me with the sax i don't know why but i could listen to it all day

>>27071224
playing the viola isn't easy, and especially when you're first learning and trying to get really good, its normal that your fingers will hurt. and sometimes you just have to force yourself to sit and practice. its hard.
>>
>>27071408
Oh, no, that's not what I meant.

I meant that my fingers would hurt in chord position, would ache quickly. Not as in "I played for a long time and my fingers naturally became sore and painful". It's likely a personal issue but I know of no way to circumvent it.
>>
>>27071454
ohhhh i get what you're saying. yeah thats really hard to get past because my instructor had issues like that as she grew older. Sadly, it is most likely a personal issue
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.