[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2smart4life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: lemem.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
lemem.gif
13 KB, 633x758
My intellect is torture.
>Have wide knowledge from history, geography beginner astrophysics, beginner philosphy.
>Understand better news and life than most adults
>See how near we actually are to total nuclear war
>Normies dont understand my references
>always aware of myself and even after i do something braver i later feel ashamed
>most of my life belived lonely wolf cool guy effect
>Even refused to talk to only girl that ever might like me because of this
>circlejerks around cars and going drinking seem so boring
>every humor goes bland because you can see the end of the joke before beginning
Is there anyway to make myself dumber?
>>
>>27067339
Try interacting with someone with actual intelligence and you'll realize how fucking dumb you are.
>>
being dumb is true torture
>>
>>27067399
This. Chances are you're just surrounded by dumb people.
>>
How old are you OP?

Desu orginal Mr. Robot.
>>
File: 1456699713503.jpg (27 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1456699713503.jpg
27 KB, 604x604
Useless knowledge, OP.

You fell for the truth meme
>>
>>27067339
>intellect
>beginner science babby shit

Fuck off you aren't even aware of how not smart you are yet.
>>
lemme guess, you don't actually want to be around smarter people because you wanna protect your ego
>>
>>27067339

No OP, you just have an unremarkable personality. There are, and have been countless people more intelligent and educated than you in every conceivable way, who also had winning personalities. You are not too smart for your own good, you're just an arrogant asshole with some small measure of intelligence.
>>
babbys first year at community college
>>
>>27067339
>Beginner astrophysics
Just try working out the source of the suns power, using the Stefan-Boltzmann curve and the Saha Equation.
>>
>>27067339
My IQ is 104
>>
>>27067399
Try this OP, it's a nice reality check. Nothing quite like being an idiot who knows that he's an idiot.
>>
start smoking weed 4-5 times a day every day if your under 18 give it a year or 2 make your self dumber if over 18 you will just be stoned and stupid all the time
>>
>>27067551
UNDERAGE BAIT CONFIRMED

M O D S
O
D
S
>>
I use to think I was smarter and more aware than everyone else too OP. Life will teach you that you aren't eventually.
>>
>>27067442
This. Being stupid is not fun at all.
>>
>>27067551
My IQ is 134, I was a business major, I love baseball and basketball and I spend all of my time hiking.

You are just a loser.
>>
File: 1407845861411.png (119 KB, 635x493) Image search: [Google]
1407845861411.png
119 KB, 635x493
Not gonna lie, OP. You sound like a bit of a twat. Even people like Einstein regularly went out and had a good time with common people. Intellect does not make you too good for everyone else.
>>
>>27067339
OP is not an intellectual
If he was then he'd be busy doing hardcore research instead of shitposting here
>>
I know those feels anon. Growing up I didn't have social problems because I didn't consider my peers to really be my peers with exception of this one girl. And she made it painfully clear how awkward I'd get when I had to interact with adults. Eventually I started viewing them as being on the same level as me and it got way harder to interact well.

I'm not sure where I'd place myself intellectually but I do think most people don't think about things as much as I do. But of course I can't really know since I'm only exposed to a portion of their thoughts (whatever happens to come up in conversation that they've thought of) and I get to see all of mine. I don't talk to people enough that I could give a fair estimate.

As for impending doom there's no real worry to have. What can you do to prevent it? Nothing. So don't worry about it. Just keep a way of committing suicide ready. It's about as problematic as aging really.
>>
>>27067604
Einstein and Marilyn Monroe got seated next to each other at a dinner party once. She got drunk and told him "We should get married. With my looks and your brains our children would run the world." He turned to her and said "But what if they ended up with my looks and your brains?" I think they stopped talking after that.
Absolutely BTFO
>>
if you ended up here, you are not as intelligent as you think you are

you can keep deluding yourself though
>>
>>27067551
Underage faggot
M O D S
>>
>>27067653
that's actually a funny line. if she got pissed then she's a bitch
>>
>>27067551
enjoy your ban kid.
>>
>>27067653
That's a pretty nice story to tell the kids when their NEET son questions why his siblings are doing so well but he isn't.
>Marilyn Monroe
>dumb
It's just an act, story is unrealistic anyone should be able to see that.
>>
>>27067339
>See how near we actually are to total nuclear war
Don't worry buddy, you're not that smart.
>>
>>27067662
yes ban then i could be more useful than share my thoughts with robots
>>27067602
Cant see how you find buisness intresting
>>27067561
i cant prove any of you how smart i am because i might aswell google answers.
>>27067724
Usa might not use nukes but recent change in russian doctrine says that you can win a small nuclear exchange
>>
>>27067756
Holy shit your grammar is fucking awful
Am I being trolled?
>>
File: 1389563714188.jpg (32 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
1389563714188.jpg
32 KB, 500x587
>normies don't understand my references

>is there any way to make myself dumber?
>>
>>27067756
I don't find business interesting. But I did draw the logical conclusion that making money allows me to follow my interests, as such I make 6 figures and have a lot of free time to pursue my passions.

I will also be able to retire before 55 and live well and spend my later years travelling. I already get to travel a lot for work, so I know a lot of places I will want to revisit when the time comes.
>>
File: fedora.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
fedora.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>27067339

>Captcha: Lord Ashley
>>
>>27067339
and big fat narcissic person above everything

"intelect" means nothing none of your thought ever really existed if you didn't let a trace of it somewwhere, you're full of shits if you think you're too smart kek
>>
>>27067785
bad english is easier to read than my good russian or finnish
>>27067786
>>27067836
>>27067866
Stop!! guys im feeling bad now! You happy?
>>27067818
thats good i will probably work until im dead at 80 considering demographics in europe
>>
>>27067579
>>27067519
>>27067514
>>27067494
That would make me happy
>>
>>27067551
Woah, hold on there cowboy. Think about what you just said. You (a) called everyone more intelligent than you an autistic kid in China, (b) made a ton of grammatical errors in a post claiming intelligence, and (c) admitted that you have an incredibly narrow view of the world, considering you are a high schooler (probably in an American suburb too). Here, you may want to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>27067339
Sorry to break this to you OP. But what you described isn't "being smart".

You gather information about certain topics obsessively, so you know a lot of shit about those topics. Because of this knowledge and constant data gathering you will start to process information on those matters faster and better. You have knowledge, not super-brain.

Normies don't get your references, because they just don't have your knowledge.

Being always aware of yourself is insecurity. You don't have confidence in yourself so you over-analyse every move you make. You don't belive in your actions, so you fear making mistakes.

Trust me, everybody sees how fucked-up we are. People just don't want to live their short lives in fear and pain. So they try to not think about it and ignore it. This will not change our future but if you can't do anything about this, why worry thinking about it?

About understanding news, read the part about knowledge and information processing. But I don't really buy into the "understanding life" part. Everybody is living a different life. Spiritual people think it has a meaning. Practical people think that we are just animals who lucked out on evolution. People who grow up in positive enforcement belive it is great and shit and vica versa. Everybody has a different experience and I believe that there is no life to be understood.

You don't like social situations you described because you don't like the people in there. You can't relate with them because you know things they don't and they know things you don't. If you want meaningful social interactions seek out people with same interests as you.

I don't really have anything to say about humor part but as much as I have seen it, people don't laugh at jokes because they are funny. They laugh because of the social high they are getting. Memes, dialogs, prank calls, youtube videos. These are all about processing information relayed by other people.
>>
>>27068182
Cant bother to read all the page like you didnt bother to read my other posts that made clear that im not american or british. Im definetly smarter than my peers.
>>
>>27068296
>he doesn't know about the dunning-kruger effect
Anon you really should know this stuff before you consider yourself smart.
>>
>>27068289
I know worrying dosent help and im actually just insecure. But if i see people in my class discussing politics astrophysics history or philosophy then i feel as if im teacher and they are as small children taking stances and getting to know things that are so elemental. They should be my equal but i would have to give them 10 minute lecture on how things work before we get on the same page. Its not my job and big part of it is how i personaly see things so i have to act as i dont care although i care a lot.
>>
>>27067442
This. As a way to cope with this i use the fact that i know i'm an idiot as an indication that i'm actually really smart, it hurts mentally but it works.
>>
>>27067339
fuck off idiot, posting about it on 4ch wont make your autistic delusion real
heres me:
>figured out santa couldnt exist when i was 3
>knew physics concepts before i could even write them down correctly (about 4 yrs old), magnetic fields, radiation, solar system etc.
>forced by school to do public standardized testing that compares us to other schools to make them look better
>speak japanese, instantly memorize kanji after writing them down once, sometimes twice for harder ones
>multiple distinctions, high distinctions on competitions
>win scholarships
>barely study at all except the assigned work, finish 12th grade at 16 yrs old, top of my cohort

i'm not really trying to brag, i think i just have good genes from my mothers side who are all high level doctors, lawyers etc. i havent actually done much except jump through the hoops to be honest, except for learning jap which i did on my own accord and because mum also speaks it, want to make her proud

what you describe sounds like straight up aspergers. understanding news and life better than "most adults" isnt even something worth mentioning.
>normies dont understand my references
hahah le cake is a lie xdddd!!!! - you

>history, geography, beginner astrophysics, beginner philosophy
this has to be some kind of bait that i've fallen victim to, right? this is some meme i don't know about, right?
>>
>>27068676
I get your point. But as I said, if you are drawn to research certain topics and actually research them extensively it is no suprise that you know more than others. I live in a non-english speaking country and as you may have guessed most people my age can't speak english as well as I do. We took the same lessons, we should be equals but while I can speak or write english (or any other language I know) fluently they can't even form simple sentences. But this doesn't make me smarter than them. I am interested in languages so I research and study languages. They are interested in something else (some, I admit, are pretty useless) like soccer.

When they learn that I don't even know the top players of our national soccer team, they get baffled because it is common knowledge for them. When I learn that they can't even speak another language other than their own I get suprised because speaking other languages is the norm for me. I belive same situation applies for you.
>>
In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area. An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test. My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it. I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan). I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across.
>>
>>27068925
1. if u so smart why yu on 4ch 2.Im not going to make a reference if nobody in the audience does not have a clue.
>>27068873
niec meymey
>>
>>27067399
This.
I consider myself intelligent, but always look for people smarter than me to have a conversation.
Yes you feel so damn retarded, but you learn a lot from people wiser than yourself.
>>
>>27067756
>doctrine
this is too subtle to be b8
>>
>>27069379
now this is autism, at least op is just joking
>>
>>27067339
Start a xanax and pot addiction.
>>
>>27069581
wow now curiosity=autism?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.