[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I just finished Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I fucking bawled. Have any of you read it? How did it make you feel?

I feel like I'm a Sonia honestly.
>>
>>27066350
Is Sonia Raskolnikov's sister or the girl that goes to siberia with him at the end?

I read it some years ago.
>>
>>27066350
I feel like the guy who was constantly drinking and suicided because his life is pointless. He also tried to make things right but just couldn't succeed.
I can't remember the name because i read it several years ago.
>>
I feel like a Raskolnikov. I wouldn't kill nobody thouh, but the book actually made me consider doing something on that line.
Man that book is great
>>
Dostoevsky is seriously an amazing author.

Anyone here read any of his other stuff? As much as I like Crime and Punishment I've always loved The Brothers Karamazov more.
>>
>>27067702
I loved both

My favorite is probably the Idiot though, probably because I feel like Myshkin
>>
>>27067702
The idiot is pretty damn good so far and such a sweet endearing character......

I feel like i'm an idiot.
>>
File: 1410770201933.jpg (677 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1410770201933.jpg
677 KB, 1600x900
>>27067702
I found Notes from the underground amazing for studying criminal psychology. Non that I studied it in univerisity or something just my personal observations because I have huge interest in the criminal world. Anyways what I don't like about him is that he constantly brags about religion. If it wasn't for this he would GOAT. Also Dostoevsky is very based person who gambles everything without giving a fuck.

Also this is shit(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humiliated_and_Insulted) is the saddest book I have ever read. I was on the verge of crying and I haven't cried for the last 10 years or so.
>>
>>27067980
It's true that the guy is a bit too preachy about religion, and his prose isn't the greatest, but that all lends itself to his charm imo.

I'll check out that book sometime later. Maybe when I'm in the mood for torrential sadness.
>>
>>27067322
Was it Marmeladov?
>>
I liked this book a lot, had to read it in hs? Is this also the mandatory book in hs in your country?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.