[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people with no motivation or discipline go into college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1vq9oiOcX1r2vpn.jpg (235 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1vq9oiOcX1r2vpn.jpg
235 KB, 1280x960
Why do people with no motivation or discipline go into college?
>>
Why did your fuck mother dad??
>>
to find it.
>>
Because my parent just assumed that I wanted to and I didn't stop it
>>
Because my parents gave me the option of going to college or getting kicked out of the house.
>>
I had both, but lost it along the way.
I'm growing lazier and more cynical by the day.
fuck
>>
because you're supposed to
>>
Because I'm not tough enough for manual labor and not creative enough for the arts.

It's either "get the piece of paper and get a shitty job" or "be a NEET and live your life on thin ice".
>>
>>27065981
So they can use their degree to worm their way into an easy living
>>
>>27065981
People go to college out of inertia, is the next logical step after highschool, people also think that having a college degree no matter how useless is a sign of success.
>>
>>27065981
Social pressure, the hope that it will change them, not having a better idea what to do with themself, not feeling ready for real life, their friends are doing it too, etc, ect.
>>
what's the alternative, besides shitty trades or patty flipping?
>>
Because their parents brought them up their whole life to believe that they just gotta go and party for 4 years they'll be successful, and they got the money to pay for it
>>
So parents keep supporting me
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.