[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me, robot in his 30s (no wizard powers) >Remember how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1433964469774.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
1433964469774.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>Be me, robot in his 30s (no wizard powers)
>Remember how Magic: The Gathering used to be so fucking popular in my high school days
>Didn't really understand how to play at the time because of all the evolving skills and card types
>Never fit in with the normies and their mundane interests
>Had literally zero friends

>Fast forward to the present, I decide to pick up on MtG again so I could try to socialize with other robots in my age group
>Head over to a local used game store to find other neckbeards to play with
>The scene is mostly teenage fedoras
>They all taunt me for not having the rarest, most expensive cards or autistic deck building skills
>Most of them are actually playing Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon now
>mfw I just wanted an excuse to socialize and ended up getting berated instead
>mfw I realized all my neckbeard peers from high school are probably married and too busy taking care of their children

... W-Where do I go from here, guys?
>>
Home. You go home and you stay there and think about your life.
>>
>>27065369
Kiddo here, magic has been, for as long as I have known about it, a community of tryhard, yuppie faggots and the game isn't even good for playing against friends because, for whatever reason, a friendly match does not exist in magic
Try another tabletop game, non-magic neckbeards are friendly, gentle rabbits compared to the mtg hordes
Except d&d, fuck d20
>>
>>27065880
>non-magic neckbeards

Is there any other variety of neckbeard?

I am familiar with D&D, but mostly the 0E and 2E rulesets. I lost interest after 3E basically threw balance out the window and allowed any character to take levels in any simultaneous combination of classes they wanted.
>>
>>27065984
There are plenty, there's wargames, boardgames, roleplaying games and a wide variety of other kinds of neckbeards who love their games, hate casuals but are not as destructive as magicfags because they know if they act /that/ much like children their playerbase will dry up and they'll be kicked out of stores
Magic's greatest strength and weakness is numbers, no matter what there will be more of them, other groups have to rely on something more than "there's too many of us to ban or even regulate because if you try your store's income is decimated"
>>
>>27065369
>>Be me, robot in his 30s (no wizard powers)
so, nonvirgin normalfag, then?
>>
>>27065369
Is there another FLGS you can go to? MtG is actually way more popular than it ever was, those kids are probably mega autists. A good game store will help you get into things. Do you want help building a cheap, useful deck?
>>
>>27066173
Yep. Welcome to neo-/r9k/.
>>
build an eldrazi deck, fuck their shit up, then rip
up their cards after they lose
>>
>>27066942
Nah, memedrazi are for shitters and they're getting banned soon.
>>
>>27065369
You're playing MtG at the wrong place. Most people I play with at locals are in their 20's.
>>
>>27065369
MTG is really expensive, take that in account before buying anything.
>>
>>27065369
magic is the worst

draft events suck because I can't git gud
constructed is literally pay 2 win in all formats
can't into casual because my friends are all tryhards
>>
>>27067541
There's a competitive modern deck that costs $70-$100. It's also really fun. You can trade for most of what you need once you have a good collection going from drafts, and drafts are one of the funnest ways to play. It can be pricey like any hobby but not too crazy if you don't go headfirst like an idiot.
>>
>>27066781
>Do you want help building a cheap, useful deck?

That's a generous offer, but I actually ordered a prebuilt deck from eBay. It's probably nothing great, but it might be suitable for me to learn with.
>>
>>27068163
No worries anon, I love the game. Stop by /tg/ if you get a chance. We're not great but we can help you get a leg up.
>>
>>27068207
>Stop by /tg/ if you get a chance.

You mean that board that's overrun with quest threads? I don't even think it's possible to discuss MtG there anymore.
>>
>>27068270
Actually I'd say the top most prominent 5 thread types on /tg/ in order are:

>Quests
>MtG
>Warhammer
>D&D/Pathfinder
>Smutbait

So you're in decent hands.
>>
>>27067541

ill just toss them off the boat
>>
File: sorcerer supreme.jpg (31 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer supreme.jpg
31 KB, 320x320
maybe you're a late bloomer in getting you're powers OP.

>tfw I hope to grow up to be the greatest wizard
>>
>>27065369
>robot
>non virgin

What?
Fuck off normalshit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.