[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you consider to be wageslavery? The popular meme for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 267x189
What do you consider to be wageslavery? The popular meme for a wageslave is someone working at McDonald's, Target, or Home Depot. But people refer to anyone who works as a wageslave

>Personally I think if you're making $40,000 or more a year with benefits you aren't a wageslave

TL:DR - Does having a career count as being a wageslave or is it only people with dead end jobs?
>>
>>27061809
>tfw making over $45k with benefits
>tfw do nothing all day but browse 4chan at work computer

Am I a wageslave?
>>
>>27061809
If your job isn't something you would do as a hobby or something you wouldn't do in your spare time and enjoy it, you're a wagecuck plain and simple.
>>
>>27061881
yeah, this.

A slave in a golden cage is still a slave.
>>
>>27061809
>tfw making 1k a month
>only working 3 hours in the mornings and evenings 5-6 days a week
>get to wear nice clothes
>free breakfast and other shit
Could be worse seeing as i dropped out of school and been a neet for 3 and a half years
>>
>>27061809

I work at CVS am i a wagie
>>
>wages

If you earn hourly and can't pick your hours, you are a wageslave.

In order to actually not be a slave, you need some, preferably all:

Benefits
Salary
Choice of hours or workplace
Job protection via contract, preferably with severance pay.
>>
If the employer benefits more from you working there than you benefit from whatever you get paid, it's wageslavery. If you're self employed or a salary lord you've clearly escaped the trap of working for someone else.
>>
>>27063170
I have pretty much all of those except salary. I get paid on a weekly basis but I still take home about 50k a year. I can choose if I want to work saturdays, and every friday and saturday I work (after 40 hours a week) is over time which is time and a half.

The only thing is I work 10 hours a day and it's hard physical labor. I enjoy it, but I doubt many would see it as preferable.
>>
>>27061881
Mine isn't something I'd do as a hobby but the people I work with are fun as hell and I like working there.

Am I a wageslave still?
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27061809
This : having a job where you get paid.
>>
>>27063433

If you were to get injured and would be laid up for several months, would you get fired and lose your ability to cover your medical costs and rent?

If yes, you are a wageslave.

A job should ay least pay enough that you can save a nest egg for at least half a years worth of unemployed living, or should offer you protection in emergencies.

Otherwise, they're just paying you for your time, and you are easily replaceable and could go at any moment.
>>
>>27063170
I have all these "freedoms" and still consider myself a wage slave because I don't want to work but I have to in order to live. no neetbux available for me
>>
>>27061881
So professorship isn't wagecucking?
>>
>>27063694

Only if you are tenured, is it the sweet life.

Otherwise, it's hell.
>>
>>27063170
Is military life wageslave?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>there are wageslaves who legitimately believe that wageslave only applies to people with low-income jobs
>there are wageslaves who legitimately believe that they aren't a wageslave just because their masters call them doctor or lawyer

You cucks never cease to be an endless supply of lulz!
>>
>>27063823
Military are welfare queens same as anyone else on the dole.
>>
>>27063823

Surprisingly? No, unless you're infantry.

You can't leave, but they take care of you and make sure you get out okay.
>>
>>27063974
Military personnel are LITERALLY government property. They're the closest possible thing to a slave in modern society. It's just contracted slavery for a period of time.
>>
If you have to work in order to have enough money to live, and can't just sit on your ass indefinitely if you want to, you're a wagecuck
>>
>>27063945
I'm self employed, am i wageslave?
>>
>>27062199
>1k a month
>could be worse

thats fucking shit desu. I get 1.2k a month and im on neetbux (scandifag)
>>
>>27064176
see >>27064057

being your own boss is worthless if you still have to put in the hours doing something just because you need the money.
>>
>>27063974
What if you're basically infantry?
>>
>>27064212
>what are different currencies?
fuck off with your shitty euros
>>
>>27064275
Dollar is pretty much equal to the euro you cukkk
>>
>>27062211
cvs here too bro u doin 700 good reasons?
>>
If I'm a slave for getting paid by the mile driving my comfy as fuck truck across the country listening to the radio and driving slow as fuck on the freeway which pisses off normalfag salary slaves and wagecucks, then I'd hate to be "free". Fuck being a neet, this shit is lovely and the food on the road is wonderful. I aint gotta answer to no one but my dispatcher and I don't have a damn supervisor breathing down my neck and i certainly don't have to fill out a million goddamn govt forms to make 150 a week from welfare living with my mommy anymore.
>>
>>27061809
You do know managers & some assistant manager s make over $40k right?
>>
>>27061809
pretty easy:
if you HAVE TO work you're a wageslave.
However if you don't have to work but like working anyway then you're just a happy fool ;^)
>>
>>27063804
Not really true when you only teach courses online. Then it's cozy as shit.
>>
>>27064232
desu i would do what i do for fun.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.