[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw learning to touch type with all ten fingers this is so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1443317573703.jpg (23 KB, 373x416) Image search: [Google]
1443317573703.jpg
23 KB, 373x416
>tfw learning to touch type with all ten fingers
this is so slow it hurts me

also if you guys could give me things to reply to so I don't have to keep finding new threads it would be nice
>>
what a cute baby
>>
i touch type but I don't use the homerow or whatever, I mostly use my index fingers, and still get ~130 wpm on the actual typing tests, not the ezpz one word ones
>>
I had to take typing classes in 6th grade but it was stupidly hard because they forced you to learn a certain way, using "homerow" and repetitive typing.
I eventually learned naturally through shitposting on 4chan better than I ever did in an actual class.
>>
>10 fingers
Who the fuck has 10 fingers? Pretty sure 99% of people have 8.
>>
>>27059774
>thumbs aren't fingers
>>
>>27059704
ye she's adorable
>>
>>27059731
That's pretty much where I'm at, but my typing speed is only 50wpm.

I feel like it'll be worth it in the long run to learn how to type the optimal way.
>>
>>27059765
I learned to type playing mmos when I was a kid, but now i only really use my index and ring fingers because of it.
>>
>>27059539
>don't touch type
>every typing test puts me at faster than 99% of people with 100% accuracy
>>
File: nerd.gif (999 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
nerd.gif
999 KB, 500x282
>>27059774
Shut the right fuck off, mate.
>>
I can barely touch type. I've never actually practiced, though, so that might be a reason. I would say I'm like 60% accurate most of the time. On my good days I maybe get up to 75%, kek.
>>
>>27060242
Maybe you just have really fast fingers. I feel limited by my normal typing style.
>>
>>27060261
Do you use homerow? How many fingers/
>tfw finished this post before the timer ran out
>>
Typing of the Dead is a pretty gool game that helps with typing,
>>
Tell me about yourself.
i'm boring.
>>
File: 1437490103188.jpg (36 KB, 404x270) Image search: [Google]
1437490103188.jpg
36 KB, 404x270
>tfw I can only type with my index fingers and thumbs
>tfw I'm stuck at 70-80 wpm and I will never get better at this rate

The thought of having to teach myself to use all of my fingers like a normal person gives me a headache.
>>
>>27060300
>like a normal person
you're alien or something?
>>
>touch type
Are we talking just being able to write without looking at the keyboard or are we talking about correct finger placement and such.

I've had the former since I was about 8. I'm terribly inaccurate but it doesn't matter too much because the main benefit you get is that you can have focus on different things rather than the keyboard.
>typed on my phone, thank god for SwiftKey, couldn't use it otherwise
>>
>>27060293
I'm a KHV neet.
I'm considering joining the military so that my mom won't hate me.

I spent most of my time consuming media like movies or vidya instead of having self-improvement hobbies. I have started lifting though.

I'm not classified as overweight on a bmi scale but I'm definitely chubby. I'm trying to lose fifteen to twenty pounds before enlisting. I can only do 25 pushups, not the fifty needed to pass the basic physical fitness test, but I've been doing scooby's zero to one hundred pushup routine and improving.
>>
>>27060321
Isn't it the norm to type with all 10 of your fingers instead of just 4?
>>
>>27060300
>>27060321
Yeah, most normies are shit tier at typing,

>>27060344
Touch typing is just typing without looking, I think. But yeah, trying to learn with all five fingers and homerow instead of just pecking.

Right now my biggest problem besides speed is that I keep using my ring finger instead of my pinky for p. Typing with my pinky in general feels very weird.
>>
>>27059539
>needing to learn to touch type

fucking normies, I learnt to touch type just by playing runescape before I was 10.
>>
Has anyone here ever transitioned from pecking to the proper way? How long did it take?
>>
>>27060389
I said with all ten fingers you illiterate ADHD turbo supernerd.
>>
>>27060368
I'm sure you'll get the hang of using your pinky eventually. I believe in you.
>>
>>27060389
>talks to ppl whiles laying
I bet you were in a guild you giant cuck

While you were in a guild doing meaningless shit I was following my meticulously planned training regimen for my new character.
>>
>>27060421
Thanks anon, I appreciate your vote of confidence. I'm trying to recognize any problems with my technique early, before they become muscle memory.
>>
>>27060420
What did you do before? Pecking with your index fingers?
>>
>>27060445
That's good to spot them and get rid of them early on. Are you using a program to help you learn or are you just winging it?
>>
>>27060420
Who the fuck are able to touch type using anything else than all of their fingers?
>>
>>27060368
>all 5 fingers
Yeah I'm not even sure. I'm fairly certain I do use all of them at some point but my typing style is really weird. I move my hands a lot despite using at least every finger by the pinkies. I also use my keyboard at a 45 degree angle quite frequently.
>>
You motherfuckers need UltraKey in your life ASAP Rocky. Jesus people actually chicken peck to type and post here?
>>
Who /4 out of 10 fingers hybrid touch type 90 wpm/ here?
>>
>>27060437
I spent more time socializing there than skilling
>tfw some of my best friendships of my life were on runescape
>tfw logging on again and every single one of the 400 of them are offline

I also got more levels in 2 months after i started playing again, than i did in 5 years of playing as a kid
>>
File: 1446158778073.png (202 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446158778073.png
202 KB, 500x500
>>27060458
Index and ring fingers, yeah.

>>27060459
Winging it/Typing of the Dead. I downloaded Ultimate Typing last year but I found it too tedious to complete and ended up dropping it out of boredom.

>>27060470
I learned to type when I was like 7 playing crappy Korean mmos and didn't know about the proper way until it was already a habit.
>>
>>27060488
Did you learn on UltraKey? How old were you/had you already developed bad typing habits?
>>
>>27060528
Tfw logged back on in 2012 just to see what's different. There this new grand exchange thing like the stock market.
Tfw turned 100k gold into 20m in several months
Probably lost a few million now since I bought raw trout then suddenly lost interest in it again, so I have a fuck ton of raw trouts going to the market motions
>>
>>27060581
maybe you should try the real life stockmarket and try and turn a thousand dollars in two hundred thousand.
>>
>>27060581
Also I remmeber when I came home from school smelting and making armour to sell them and it'd take 1 hour to make 30k. Lmao, now I know how people feel towards those who gets rich as fuck from just playing the stock market
>>27060606
Runescape trading was really really easy, as someone with no stock market trading experience, I'll admit I did feel pretty good about myself even though I would get burned irl.

For example, back then you can make quick bucks by buying 200k water runes at 5 gold each, then you immediately sell them for 6 gold each, and before next day arrives, you'd have sold them all and make 200k.

It really kind of gives you a simulated real life market feeling. There are things like stock bubbles where if you get in and out before it bursts you'd make something like 2 million in a day. Go back in and try it now. If you have even a basic understanding of supply and demand you'd be making a fuckton, while the safeties make money he good old fashion way
>>
>>27060790
I never really got into Runescape, but that's cool anon.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.