[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 610x915) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 610x915
>be me going to the gym
>walking towards change room when girl waves at me to grab my attention.
>Know this qt she is friends with my cousin
>I say "Oh I didn't know you worked out here"
>Yeah Anon I'm usually here late, around 10-11"
>I say "oh yea, I'm usually here around 2am"
> I then just autistically break the conversation and go into the change room
>get changed and start lifting
>feel really awkward because it is a small gym and she and I keep glancing at each other but don't say anything
>After about an hour she leaves.

I kinda like this grill but I don't know how to talk to her with out being weird.
I just bassicly walked past here while saying a couple things and didn't even stop to talk.

Can I salvage this?
I think she kinda likes me but I also think she kinda has a bf.
>>
>>27058208
Why are you interested in her?
>>
Cuck the boyfriend. Do not care about the consequences. Girls love that kind of stuff.
.t a player
>>
File: 1366907937175.jpg (391 KB, 673x680) Image search: [Google]
1366907937175.jpg
391 KB, 673x680
>>27058208

Just offer to workout with her?

>I think she kinda likes me but I also think she kinda has a bf.

Oh..it's not worth it anon. Move along.
>>
>>27058230
she looks cute, thats enough for the vast majority of men
>>
>>27058230
because she's actually kind of cool for a girl and I like that she actually speaks to me.
>>
Shit is awkward sometimes. Nothing you can do about it. Nothing to lose from bluffing big.

If you even think you're being given the green light, no shame in plodding forward to test the waters.

You just need to practice your smalltalk skills. It's good to keep the pulse of mainstream BS so you can talk to people about it. Doing this with guys is way easier than girls because you can do sports and politics.

I have no idea what you'd want to brush up on to have some smalltalk fuel for girls.
>>
>>27058208
>going to gym
>starts conversation with girl

you are on the wrong board, pal
>>
>>27058257
How would I work out with her?
>>
>>27058294
Did you miss the part when I said I didn't even stop to talk to her? I just mumbled a few things and tried to avoid eye contact.
>>
>>27058296

If you are determined to get involved in some retarded love triangle....
>start conversation
>"what you working on today?"
>x body part
>oh hey me too, wanna spot each other?

If she says no, fuck it you tried.
>>
>>27058330
That would not work unless I wanted to lift light weight girl style. Everyone would think I'm a pussy and probably beat me up in the parking lot when I was leaving.
>>
>>27058263
Don't get clingy just because a girl gave you attention.

You need to work on your social skills. You need to know how to manage awkward social situations like this. For example, my strategy next time would be

>Approach, greeting
>Casual smalltalk about common interests
>If smalltalk dies down and things start getting a little awkward, excuse yourself
>Well :), I'm gonna go jump on the pecdeck (don't say "bye", because you're not leaving. And if you say "bye," then it'll be awkward for the next 30 minutes while you're both still there, yada yada yada.)
>Then, maybe, if things weren't too tense, when you do leave, just jump bye and hit her with a casual goodbye-greeting-thing
>"Hey I'm outta here. Nice chatting with you

Or maybe just leave her hanging. You don't even have to say bye if it looks to controlling or clingy. You need to be able to make these decisions on the fly. It's tricky, and you need to know what you're doing.
>>
>>27058330
This is good advice

When she leaves you can then finish your actual workout if need be
>>
>>27058365
I was thinking of a way to get her to have to be around me. I know what car she drives because Iv seen it at my cousins house. Maybe when I go next time I should give her car a flat and try to leave at the same time so that I have to either change her wheel for her or give her a ride home. Anyone think this is a good idea?
>>
File: fit in sum.gif (2 MB, 226x200) Image search: [Google]
fit in sum.gif
2 MB, 226x200
>>27058208
>Know this qt she is friends with my cousin
>I say "Oh I didn't know you worked out here"
>Yeah Anon I'm usually here late, around 10-11"
>I say "oh yea, I'm usually here around 2am"
> I then just autistically break the conversation and go into the change room
>get changed and start lifting

/fit/
>>
>>27058438
should I post this on fit instead ?
>>
>>27058406
worst fucking idea ever, if this is usually your thinking process dont even bother trying to get her interested.
>>
>>27058465
not if you include the awkward asking for advice bit but it is likely they will take some joy in a tale like this one

also if you didn't already know this is /fit/ material go back to wherever you came from newfag
>>
>>27058208
You did well. Remember, you're in the gym to work out ye useless fuck. Don't hit on her while at the gym. Next time just say hi, change a couple of lines and repeat. Around third or fourth time ask her out. Then destroy her pussy with yerr cawk
>>
>>27058490
Okay so how can I get her alone with me? I can't handle being with other people. I only way I stand a chance with this girl is if we are alone 1 on 1
>>
>>27058527
I was kinda hoping that maybe she just thought I didn't want to talk to her and I was kinda ignoring her or that I'm too good for her maybe...Sort of playing hard to get.

In reality I was just about to piss my pants because i was so nervous and couldn't even stop walking to avoid the situation.
>>
>a girl told me hello
>halp guise I think I'm in love
Grow the fuck up
>>
>>27058649
>Grow the fuck up

Grow up, son
>>
>>27058673
hey don't say it like that .

Iv been around her before and she is always really nice to me and sweet.
>>
>>27058560
>I was kinda hoping that maybe she just thought I didn't want to talk to her and I was kinda ignoring her or that I'm too good for her maybe...Sort of playing hard to get.

Passive aggressive manipulation based in fear and insecurity is not the ideal strategy for working women.

It'll work if you're confident enough, which you aren't.

It's okay to come off as a dopey loser who has no idea what he's doing. You don't need to reel in every fish you see. Be a dopey loser who has no idea what he's doing, now, and eventually you'll figure it out, and later, you'll know what you're doing and will know how to talk to girls.
>>
>>27058688
He's acting like an adolescent prick about it, but he's damn right. That's pretty much what you're doing, and it's bad. For lack of social skills or confidence, you're setting yourself up to be an orbiter, at best, assuming she doesn't just reject your autism outright.

Don't be an orbiter.
>>
>>27058743
what is that? what would u think I do instead?
>>
>>27058779
I've already given you tons of advice ITT.
>>
>>27058365
This is a normie giving good advice. When will robots realise a lot of normies aren't bullies at heart and can be nice people.

Makes me sad tbhf. How did we end up like this.
>>
>>27058832
Thank you for the compliment, but I am far from a normie. But this is my current understanding of social interaction.

I pay very close attention to the rituals, and I make a concerted effort to understand their nuances as well as I can. When I do see a normie giving advice that makes sense to me, I take it to heart. I don't want to be a socially restricted loser forever. To make it in this world, you need to have some of these skills.

It's a good idea to observe and communicate with people who are socially successful, and learn from them. Often they can't really explain what they're doing, because they don't understand it themselves. But don't get offended. Your only goal is to try to learn for your own sake.

Start with men. Unless you're viewed as potential competition for females, interacting with males is much easier and simpler, more direct. Talking with girls is more challenging and nuanced. They communicate indirectly in many ways.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.