[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Fuck Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1399005369030.jpg (10 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1399005369030.jpg
10 KB, 250x200
>girl in dorm consoled me when my parents split
>buy her thank you card and chocolate bar
>The language I used was too flowery and the chocolate bar had a heart on it
>now shes acting weird

I think she thinks I was making a move.

Fuck.
>>
>>27056740
>>buy her thank you card and chocolate bar

Are you 9?
>>
>>27056740
Was it a nice chocolate bar?
>>
>>27056754
I felt it deserved something
>>
>>27056740
HAHAHAAA oh dear christ anon you have fucked up
>>
File: fuckedup.jpg (179 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
fuckedup.jpg
179 KB, 1000x1000
>>27056765
the dark one
>>
I think for the future you should commit all the way if you're gonna do a sappy gesture like that.
>>
I think it's funny that you bought her a card instead of just thanking her in person, you may be autistic
>>
>>27056794
IDK bros, my father was physically violent and my childhood was pretty dark. When my parents finally split it was a massively emotional time for me, and her kindness was appreciated.

I felt it deserved a little recognition. Apparently that's not cool though.
>>
>>27056782
just play it off and and don't push anything the more you try to apologize the worse its gonna get. Just act like nothing happened.
>>
>>27056782
>the dark one
You might as well have written "Wanna fuck?" in the card.
>>
>>27056822
that's gonna be hard, but I know its what I should do.
>>
Next time you see her, tell her "hey, don't be weird. I just really appreciated your support the other day. I wanted to day thank you."
>>
>>27056821
From reading the OP I don't think you did anything wrong, it might just be that your actions contrast with your usual personality (maybe you usually act like a macho chad or an emotionless robot), either that or your wording was seriously autistic
>>
>>27056971
For fucks sake "say" say thank you is what I meant.
>>
>>27056980
Here's exactly what the card said.

>I told you a while back that I -- and everybody else I talk to -- considers you to be among the kindest people they know. Allow me to be the first to put that in writing.

>I lost a lot this month, and your gesture of recognition and sympathy had more of an impact than you know.

>You're quality people and I'm proud to call you a friend.

- anon.

I thought it was heartfelt, genuine, and not over the top. I was wrong.
>>
>>27057045
You fucking nerd. No body does this shit. This is the kind of this autists and fanfic writing teens think is romantic or sweet.

You should have just thanks her in person not been weird about it. When you are her, do not act into her. Maybe just thank her in person if you haven't already just reinforce the idea like "hey, thanks again xxxx for consoling Mr on that stuff you are a solid friend" after that continue life as normal
>>
>>27057083
I wasn't trying to be romantic, that's the point.

I was trying to say THANK YOU

I was 9 when I first watched my father get violent, and she showed me a gesture of kindness that hit me in the gut.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.